Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,565 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nute gunray worked his ass off for 3 movies and us a no-show. General grievous gets his ass handed to him in 3 fights and gets 20% of the poster. I like the third one but why put it out knowing full well palpatine is in the last movie?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To me the oddest thing is no stormtroopers for the OT.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

I'm blown away by this guy's patience and dedication to his craft. His channel has Chapter 1 with Thrawn, Pelleaon, and Rukh if you haven' tseen it before. I know it's Legends now, but I'd give a lot to have them do an animated trilogy of the Heir to the Empire books.
YouBet
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I'm blown away by this guy's patience and dedication to his craft. His channel has Chapter 1 with Thrawn, Pelleaon, and Rukh if you haven' tseen it before. I know it's Legends now, but I'd give a lot to have them do an animated trilogy of the Heir to the Empire books.
I just finished reading Dark Force Rising this weekend and have started The Last Command. Heir to the Empire was just ok to me, but Dark Force Rising really sucked me in. Thrawn and Karrde are great characters and actually seem like two sides of the same coin.

It's interesting how shallowly written Lucas's characters are (IMO) compared to the characters Zahn has introduced. It's almost as if he feels limited with how he can write Luke and Han which I guess makes sense. Luke is totally a one note character in these books and is boring as hell.

Looking forward to the conclusion!
AliasMan02
AG
This is the author of Rise of Kylo Ren. Thought it was a good question, and something I often wonder as an avid consumer of the extended Canon.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mr. White
List five things you enjoyed besides Geonosis(sp?)
and Natalie Portman in AotC....
redline248
AG
It's so close for me. I like all but 1
Ulrich
Mr. White said:

1. When I marathon I-VI, it's good to steal a couple quick naps during AOTC, I need that stamina to power through ROTJ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mr. White said:

1. Obi-Wan
2. The chase in Coruscant
3. Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan fight scene and asteroid chase (and those badass seismic charge sounds)
4. John William's score
5. Palpatine overlooking his clone army with the Imperial March playing

Bonus: Yoda vs Dooku
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mr. White said:

1. Obi-Wan
2. The chase in Coruscant
3. Jango Fett vs Obi-Wan fight scene and asteroid chase (and those badass seismic charge sounds)
4. John William's score
5. Palpatine overlooking his clone army with the Imperial March playing

Bonus: Yoda vs Dooku
Agreed.

Scrap the horrible interaction/dialogue between Anakin and Padme and AOTC is a pretty good/fun movie. Would also dump the diner scene. And if Anakin had porked her on the dining room table instead of floating fruit around the room it would instantly jump up to #4 ranking for me behind ESB, R1, and ANH.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mace Windu fully realized as a purple-lightsaber using bad ass mofo.

Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka) demanding to read the whole script for AOTC and Lucasfilm saying "Not only are we not going to do that, but also have another guy come in and say he's your nephew, "

Count Dooku telling Obi-Wan the plot of the movie and Obi-Wan not believing it.

Obi-Wan catching Dooku's force lightning on his blade - hugely underrated moment!

MandoArms
So I will officially be at Disney Land the 19-21st of December, anyone know of anything special going on for opening day of TROS?

What are my options for trying to see it opening day? There isn't a theater in one of the parks is there?

Also build a lightsaber or a droid??

Any advice would be a huge help.
IG: mando_arms
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
There is not a theater at the park. Hollywood Studios in Orlando has a theatre for sneak peeks at coming Disney movies but that's it.

Lightsaber or Droid? Both are awesome, but the droid is more interactive. WIth the saber you're just telling people not to touch it for the rest of your life.
DartAg1970
AG
Looking at the image for the sequel trilogy I am just reminded of my biggest pet peeve of TLJ. It makes no sense to me whatsoever that Luke would have appeared to Kylo using Anakin's lightsaber. It should have been his green saber from Return of the Jedi. Now every time we have a poster like this we have two characters in a shot that are wielding the exact same weapon of which we know there is only one of.

Rant over, but just a huge misstep in my opinion to not use the green saber.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Hugh Quarshie (Captain Panaka) demanding to read the whole script for AOTC and Lucasfilm saying "Not only are we not going to do that, but also have another guy come in and say he's your nephew, "
What a random deep cut piece of trivia.
The Collective
AG
I've always been bothered by the blue lightsaber thing as well, but here is Rian's explanation.

Quote:

[Luke] is basically tailoring this projection to have maximum effect on Kylo. He knows that Kylo's Achilles heel is his rage, and so that's why he kind of makes himself look younger, the way Kylo would've last seen him in their confrontation at the temple, and that's why he decided to bring Kylo's grandfather's lightsaber down there - the lightsaber that Kylo screamed at Rey, 'that's mine, that belongs to me.'

We as an audience saw that... The truth is, we see the lightsaber split in half - Kylo sees a blinding flash of light and is knocked unconscious, and then Rey takes the lightsaber away before he wakes up. So if you really want to dig into it and get an explanation, you can say that he doesn't 100 percent know what happened to the lightsaber.
MandoArms
Thanks Muck, this might be my first time missing opening night for a Star Wars movie since the re-releases came out. At least I will be at Galaxy's Edge the whole time.

Seriously torn on the Droid vs Lightsaber debate....if they had a build your own blaster I would do that in a heart beat!
IG: mando_arms
Hagen95
AG
BrownCoat said:

Thanks Muck, this might be my first time missing opening night for a Star Wars movie since the re-releases came out. At least I will be at Galaxy's Edge the whole time.

Seriously torn on the Droid vs Lightsaber debate....if they had a build your own blaster I would do that in a heart beat!
That's because hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

https://makingstarwars.net/2019/10/rumor-george-lucas-contributed-some-yoda-mythology-to-star-wars-the-mandalorian/

This has to be one of the weirdest, most BS scoop introductions I've ever read...

Quote:

While grabbing coffee down in the area of the set recently, I ran into some people associated with the production from last year and this year. They seemed as curious about me as I was about them. That said, one of them showed me some photos from their phone...

I can't stop laughing at the actual logistics of how something like this would even go down...

[Crew members from The Mandalorian walk into an El Segundo coffee shop wearing t-shirts that read "THE MANDALORIAN: CREW."]

JASON: "Whoa! Hey there, Mandalorian Crew Members! I am Jason, webmaster of Making Star Wars dot com, a site that reports Star Wars spoilers!"

MANDALORIAN CREW MEMBERS: "Whoa! We make a Star Wars television show for a living, but you write about Star Wars spoilers for a living! That's just as interesting!"

[The Mandalorian crew members then inexplicably pull out their phones and begin showing Jason - who, again, runs a Star Wars spoilers website - pictures of spoilers from the Star Wars television show they no doubt signed non-disclosure agreements to work on.]

MANDALORIAN CREW MEMBERS: "Check out these spoiler-filled pics from our television show! Aren't they so cool, person who will immediately go report these spoilers to his Star Wars spoilers website?!"

JASON: "Why, yes, these are cool, Mandalorian Crew Members. And very spoilery! They're perfect for my Star Wars spoiler website! Thanks, guys!"

[Jason leaves to go home and spoil Star Wars fans. The Mandalorian Crew Members look to each other...]

MANDALORIAN CREW MEMBERS: "It's so fun to spoil our television show - the show we work so hard on - to the one guy who will now go home and spoil it to thousands of Star Wars fans. This is what it's all about."

BARISTA: "May I take your order?"

MANDALORIAN CREW MEMBERS: "Yes. But first, we have some pics on our phone we're dying show you..."
TCTTS
AG
That said, I'm not doubting the info itself (which, again, is somewhat spoilery, but not in the way you might think). I'm just saying there's absolutely no way that's how he came about that info...
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS, I believe you had expressed this exact opinion before:

TCTTS
AG
Wow, yeah. Didn't know that was actual plan. Would have made so much more sense.
amercer
AG
Been swamped with work the last few days. Did you ever break into the studio get get the down low and the last minute shoot?
TCTTS
AG
I didn't. I took the boring route and decided to be a responsible adult and get my work done instead.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Clearly you don't honor what we fight for
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sometimes I doubt his commitment to Sparkle Motion.
TCTTS
AG
Holy sh*t...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/cassian-andor-series-tony-gilroy-diego-luna-disney-plus-1203370479/
TCTTS
AG
Gilroy is one of the top screenwriters in the business. He reluctantly came aboard to save Rogue One, isn't a huge Star Wars guy at all, but is now basically heading up the Cassian Andor series. This is the man behind the Bourne movies and Michael Clayton, one of my all-time favorites, and it says a lot about whatever they're cooking up that he's making this his next priority. My interest in the series just skyrocketed...
The Collective
AG
Hoping for plenty of moments where Cassian does questionable things for the Rebellion.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
CJS4715 said:

Hoping for plenty of moments where Cassian does questionable things for the Rebellion.
Game of Thrones type character arcs?

Hate them at first, then come around once you've seen their motivations and what has led them to be who they are?
YouBet
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

CJS4715 said:

Game of Thrones type character arcs?

Hate them at first, then come around once you've seen their motivations and what has led them to be who they are?
Smart ass midgets who like to drink?

I'm in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am the god of tits and wine.
TCTTS
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 858 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.