Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,694 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

ok so this completely nerdy but....

In 1999 my wife and I were young and dating when we saw TPM in the theater.

In 2002 we were young and married when we saw AOTC in the theater.

In 2005 she was pregnant with our first one when we saw ROTS in the theater.

fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

For the record, for those who still buy physical media like myself, I would NOT purchase this new batch of releases, rumored to be dropping in September. It's just the same ol' Blu-rays in new packaging. And even if you don't have the movies on Blu-ray, but want them, the gist of the story I pasted above is that the mega saga release will be dropping in 2020 (assuming April), in 4K, likely with other new bells and whistles. Next month's drop is nothing more than one last cash grab before the saga ends, plain and simple.
I mean, even if you were big on having the collection why would people buy this now when we're literally waiting on the last film in the series to drop a few months later? Seems like an odd choice by the studio.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

ok so this completely nerdy but....

In 1999 my wife and I were young and dating when we saw TPM in the theater.

In 2002 we were young and married when we saw AOTC in the theater.

So your name is Anakin.
Flashdiaz
AG
Urban Ag said:

when she told you she was pregnant, did she start off by saying "something wonderful has happened" ?
The Collective
AG
Urban Ag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Urban Ag said:

when she told you she was pregnant, did she start off by saying "something wonderful has happened" ?
No. I drug her to all three prequels and she hated them.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
fig96 said:

TCTTS said:

For the record, for those who still buy physical media like myself, I would NOT purchase this new batch of releases, rumored to be dropping in September. It's just the same ol' Blu-rays in new packaging. And even if you don't have the movies on Blu-ray, but want them, the gist of the story I pasted above is that the mega saga release will be dropping in 2020 (assuming April), in 4K, likely with other new bells and whistles. Next month's drop is nothing more than one last cash grab before the saga ends, plain and simple.
I mean, even if you were big on having the collection why would people buy this now when we're literally waiting on the last film in the series to drop a few months later? Seems like an odd choice by the studio.
Because they know there's a sizable enough audience who will buy these just to catch up on all the movies / do one last rewatch before IX. A lot of people are going to be motivated to buy before IX as opposed to after, when the set is complete and there's nothing to "prepare" for. Also, the saga set obviously won't be ready by Christmas. Tons of people will buy these movies over the holidays as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
bangobango
AG
Resistance canceled.

Galaxy's Edge bombing at Disney Land.
TCTTS
AG
Source?
twilly
AG
STAR WARS RESISTANCE: WATCH THE TRAILER FOR THE SECOND AND FINAL SEASON OF THE SERIES

And I wouldn't use the word "bombing", attendance is lower than expected.

Disney CEO Bob Iger Addresses Low Attendance Numbers for Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

Disneyland Reportedly Cuts Employee Hours Due to Low Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attendance

TCTTS
AG
Oh. I thought he was talking about RISE OF THE Resistance, considering the Galaxy's Edge comment immediately after.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disneyland blocked out passholders all summer. Disney World will give a much better indication of the land's actual popularity.
Dro07
AG
Trailer looks good actually I just wish they would make the main character not a bumbling idiot.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Do you work for Fox News?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's 10:51 p.m., I've got about 3 more hours of work before hitting the hay, and I just loaded up all 8 soundtracks. Headphones on, suddenly a dull night seems like a treat to my very favorite place.

"The Death of Ben Kenobi" now playing. Run, Luke!
TXAG 05
AG
dromo07 said:

Trailer looks good actually I just wish they would make the main character not a bumbling idiot.

This. It would be so much better if they dropped the slapstick.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

dromo07 said:

I mentioned this to a friend of mine but even though the series is credited as being created by Filoni, Resistance does not have the feeling of a Filoni quality show so I'm not entirely sure that he was really involved in it like he was with Rebels and TCW. Not to mention that he was also working on The Mandalorian and the return of TCW.

I seem to remember that Kiri Hart was credited with creating some of the core characters. Not sure why that sticks out to me.
twilly
AG
I don't know how credible this is, but with the other thread about Disney eviscerating Star Wars, I thought this might perk up the fanboys.

Al Bula
AG
twilly said:

I don't know how credible this is, but with the other thread about Disney eviscerating Star Wars, I thought this might perk up the fanboys.

i am very critical of the new trilogy but I must say.......

bangobango
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

dromo07 said:

I mentioned this to a friend of mine but even though the series is credited as being created by Filoni, Resistance does not have the feeling of a Filoni quality show so I'm not entirely sure that he was really involved in it like he was with Rebels and TCW. Not to mention that he was also working on The Mandalorian and the return of TCW.

I seem to remember that Kiri Hart was credited with creating some of the core characters. Not sure why that sticks out to me.
I seem to remember when the first trailer dropped for the first season Filoni tweeting or saying something that implied he didn't have anything to do with it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
My kid said it was lame, so we didn't watch Resistance after Episode 1. It didn't seem like it was going to be on the same level as Rebels.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
twilly said:

How many recruits is this news going to cost us?
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

My kid said it was lame, so we didn't watch Resistance after Episode 1. It didn't seem like it was going to be on the same level as Rebels.

I would agree with that assessment. I watched the premier and then tried to watch the next episode. Got distracted, didn't finish it, never came back to it. Forgot when the show aired.
TXAG 05
AG
I stuck with it and it definitely got better, but the main character never "matured" like in Rebels.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Disneyland blocked out passholders all summer. Disney World will give a much better indication of the land's actual popularity.

I wonder how many people were like me. I was in the area but didnt consider going because I thought it would be a crowded nightmare.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah I couldn't get past the first episode.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I wonder how many people were like me. I was in the area but didnt consider going because I thought it would be a crowded nightmare.
You mean wusses and wet blankets?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Last week Star Wars.com announced the release of The Secrets of the Jedi book for this November. I'm also happy to announce the TexAgs Star Wars Secret Santa program, and good news, BES, you are my secret santa and I want this book, please.

Even more exciting than all this friggin epic artwork is the fact that it's "written" by Luke and CONFIRMS that he continued to communicate with Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin after their deaths until he shut himself off from the Force, but he could feel their presences again during the waning days of TLJ events. Makes me very hopeful of an Anakin/Vader ghost in TROS as was shown in gorgeous production art in TFA's art book.

""That knowledge was passed down to a select few, including Obi-Wan, Yoda, and my father. Their spirits guided me for many years but vanished when I shut myself off from the Force. It's a relief to feel their presence after all this time."

Urban Ag
AG
Quote:

""That knowledge was passed down to a select few, including Obi-Wan, Yoda, and my father.

Force ghosts? Mother ****in Force ghosts? Well that's just mother ****in great. Not one of you inconsiderate mother ****ers thought I might want to be a Force ghost too? I mean **** all my black ass ended up doing was dying trying to kill mother ****in Darth Sidious to save The Republic. And your stupid ass "chosen one" chopped my mother ****in hands off before they threw my ****in ass out the mother ****in window. **** that mother ****er, he gets to be a Force ghost? **** all you mother ****ers.

- Mace Windu
First Page Last Page
Page 838 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.