Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,878 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
maca1028
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Interesting strategy, trolling on one thread regarding a popular franchise while talking about it on another thread about a popular franchise
Olsen
AG
https://variety.com/2019/film/news/disney-avatar-star-wars-marvel-1203207661/

Avatar sequels are pushed back for another year. A new Star Wars trilogy will begin in 2022 with sequels to that in 2024 and 2026.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Updated OP with those new dates.

Untitled Beinoff & Weiss Film 1 - December 16, 2022

Untitled Beinoff & Weiss Film 2 - December 20, 2024

Untitled Beinoff & Weiss Film 3 - December 18, 2026

I think this is perfect. A nice 3 year hiatus to get a bit of a breather from the franchise and get a little of that excitement going again for a new SW movie, and then it's back to that same trilogy pattern for Christmas 22, 24, 26.

I really enjoy having Star Wars in the holidays. Glad Lucasfilm has made it the standard going forward.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Rian's trilogy is still on as far as we know. Kennedy has mentioned that Rian is still writing it.

But given the pattern they're following, I just doubt any of those is a Rian movie. I think they want to do one trilogy at a time.
The Collective
AG
Do we expect there will be one off films in between or do you think they will shift most of those stories to their streaming platform?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Either after this trilogy, or they could be doing summer dates and will be announcing those later, or they could be going to Disney+.

Still a lot of possibilities. No reason to think it was cancelled yet.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rian's trilogy is still on as far as we know. Kennedy has mentioned that Rian is still writing it.

But given the pattern they're following, I just doubt any of those is a Rian movie. I think they want to do one trilogy at a time.

But there's no way Rian's trilogy is delayed until 2028. He said just last month that he's finishing editing his current project, Knives Out, and then is back to writing Star Wars. Iger/Kennedy never said "one trilogy at a time," they simply said they're taking a hiatus to figure out "the next decade." I would bet anything Johnson's trilogy comes out in 2023 - if not 2021 - and they alternate years between B&W's trilogy and Johnson's. The only wrinkle is Avatar 2 & 3, which is now December 2021 & 2023. Maybe Star Wars moves to November or even summer in odd numbered years, or Avatar ultimately ends up back to summers, as originally planned.
TCTTS
AG
Missed this post in responding to your other one.
Broba Fett
Anyone think the Gungans or Ewoks will be back in this one? I hope so.
Flashdiaz
AG
Yes, they will have a celebration on 1 planet for all Gungans and Ewoks

redline248
AG
If the Ewoks ever met the Gungans, there would be a huge feast of fried frog legs.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

TFA barely hung on to its record for biggest domestic 2nd weekend, beating Endgame by < $2 million

It's about $81 million behind Endgame's pace after 10 days. It'll be interesting to see how much ground it picks up this week
That gap is about to close real quick. (Quicker than I thought.)

Endgame made $10M on its second Monday, vs TFA's $31M.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If Endgame had come out Memorial Day weekend it would probably have a legit shot at knocking off TFA because of everyone being on summer vacation.

TFA came out the Friday before most people have a whole bunch of days off for the holidays and kids are off for 2 weeks straight. And people take off tons of days before Christmas and after New Years.

Beyond that, everyone who loves Marvel will go see Endgame at least once
But everyone went to see TFA.
PatAg
AG
As long as Kennedy is in charge, I have no confidence the next sequence of movies will be any better than the current. Some will be good, some will be bad, no coherent plan to bind them.
Fenrir
Yeah, 2nd Monday for TFA was December 28th. Kids were off school and a large percentage of adults we're off as well.
Render
AG
Guess I'll be in my 50s when Star Wars LXXVII comes out.

Edit: My 80s is a better estimate.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mac94
AG
That's true ..... From a certain point of view.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is SICK!

(They put out a teaser for this last year. This is the full video of Vader vs Obi-Wan reimagined.)
WestAustinAg
AG
Mark Hamills impression of Harrison Ford is the best impression I've ever heard. It is spot on.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty cool.

Makes me wonder, do you guys think Lucasfilm will ever remake the original trilogy? Say, in 15-20 years or so? Does Star Wars eventually reach a point of diminished returns, they take a while off, and then reboot the whole thing for a new generation? Maybe even start with remakes of the prequels and go from there? It's going to be interesting to see how the franchise fares without the Skywalkers. Personally, I think it'll do just fine, but I could see them reaching a point, years and years from now, where it makes financial sense to go back and remake the Skywalker saga from scratch.
The Collective
AG

Stewade
Staff
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This is S I C K !

(They put out a teaser for this last year. This is the full video of Vader vs Obi-Wan reimagined.)
The Collective
AG
My point in posting the gifs above is that Luke is willing to let someone else do the dirty work. What if Vader doesn't come to his aid? Galaxy is screwed. What if Rey just gives up and leaves the island after he tells her to **** off? Galaxy is screwed.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Obi Wan never told you..... that lightsabers block force lighting.

guess I should have kept my lightsaber ... thanks for selective info Old Man Ben
First Page Last Page
Page 822 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.