Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,692 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Hello there
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Very nice, thanks. Guess I'd missed this.
jokershady
AG
Hello there said:

https://instagr.am/p/Bsq7mwVFQ5-
The shadow in the background.....any thoughts?
The Collective
AG
Let the hype begin!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
jokershady said:

So going with the Jake Lloyd, Darth Vader shadow theme, those look like AT-AT legs, so he turns into an AT-AT and Rose has to harpoon him with a tow cable?
Urban Ag
fig96
AG
Hello there said:

Very nice, thanks. Guess I'd missed this.
You bet, I actually showed a friend of mine the other link and he found this one. Figured it was worth sharing.
The Collective
AG
And, where the hell is our Episode IX title?
twilly
AG
CJS4715 said:

Maybe the Boyega photo sheds a clue....

STAR WARS: Dirty Hands of the Rebellion
The Collective
AG
twilly said:

CJS4715 said:

Maybe the Boyega photo sheds a clue....

STAR WARS: Dirty Hands of the Rebellion

Star Wars: Wash Your Hands, Dummy.
TCTTS
AG
CJS4715 said:

TLJ wasn't announced until January 23 of 2017. So, if they stick with the same schedule, it'll be next week.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

CJS4715 said:

TLJ wasn't announced until January 23 of 2017. So, if they stick with the same schedule, it'll be next week.
Star Wars Episode IX: Meh

Urban Ag
AG
Sarduakar said:

jokershady said:

So going with the Jake Lloyd, Darth Vader shadow theme, those look like AT-AT legs, so he turns into an AT-AT and Rose has to harpoon him with a tow cable?

Detach cable!

CABLE DETACHED!

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Hello there said:

Star Wars if it used the original concept designs

Chewbacca looks like the same species as Zeb from Rebels.

Did they resurrect this concept as a new species to use for Zeb? (Lasat)
jabberwalkie09
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Hello there said:

Star Wars if it used the original concept designs

Chewbacca looks like the same species as Zeb from Rebels.

Did they resurrect this concept as a new species to use for Zeb? (Lasat)

Yes. Much of the art style in Rebels harkens back to McQuary's concept designs.
Hello there

Great news regarding Kylo Ren. There was always a plan, at least with his character.
Hello there
Watching Solo on Netflix. Second watch and I have to say it's really growing on me.

Not sure why, but I am enjoying it more this time through. The train heist and kessel run are fun as hell.

And I guess I didn't notice till now how beautiful this movie looks. The cinematography is really great. Maybe I had a weird theater screen, or the 3D didn't help.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
And the kid playing Han did his homework on Han's mannerisms and expressions; I really liked this movie and it's aging well like a R1
Agsrback12
Watching solo for the second time right now as well. It's very good. They need to do at least one more Solo. This is going to pay off big time for Disney (2-2 on spin offs as far as I am concerned).

The boycott is the only reason it didn't knock it out of the park in the box office.

If Abrams can redeem the trilogy we may be back in business. No pressure JJ.
YouBet
AG
Will ecbo y'all. Second viewing last night and I liked it better than the first time. Still not a huge fan of the opening Corellia scene, but you quickly get over it once he is off planet. And I had forgotten about the Darth Maul scene!
tk for tu juan
Athanasius said:

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/jar-jar-binks-ahmed-best-star-wars-suicide-struggle-1202867677/

Sad, but the actor who played Jar-Jar struggles with suicide and a harmed career. I did not know this.
The Collective
AG
Damn - that sucks.

Also, Jar Jar actor looks kind of like Dule Hill.
Dro07
AG
Misa sad
tk for tu juan
That video came up on the recommend sidebar of YouTube. All I saw was the thumbnail that said "I Played Jar Jar Binks", and clicked on it without seeing the title. I thought it was going to be a humorous video and was not expecting the turn it took.
agracer
AG
Urban Ag said:

Finally was able to get in a re-watch of Solo now that it's on Netflix.

I think history is going to treat this movie well. I watched it in three parts without anyone distracting me and was really able to focus. Noticed a lot of little details I missed in the theatre. Didn't realize they were building Star Destroyers in the shipyard on Corelia or that some of alien species from R1 were also in Solo, or even that Warwick Davis was in it.

I think the casting was superb and the acting legit. Donald Glover clearly pulled off a young Lando nearly perfectly but after a second watch, I really think Alden Ehrenreich did an amazing job of replicating Han, albeit in a younger and slightly less sarcastic manner. He nailed the combination of confidence tempered with some insecurity that Ford built in to the character. Emilia Clarke hasn't gotten enough credit IMO for her role as Qi'ra and in particular the emotional scenes were convincing (reuniting with Han and the final scene before she left). The Chewbacca/Han dynamic was perfect, solidifying them (at least in my mind) as the best buddy duo in movie history. The pace is good throughout and action sequences were solid.

My only (minor) complaints was the giant space monster thing was a little too much and the relationship between Lando and the droid was just awkward, especially when she got blasted. That's pretty minor when compared to TFA or the TLJ.

I really hope at some point there is some renewed interest in a sequel with these characters. Han and Chewie travel to Tatooine and becomes part of Jabba's crew and end up in some sort of turf war with Crimson Dawn. Would be really cool to see Han/Chewie working with Boba Fett, Greedo, and the others we're familiar with from the OT, against a common enemy. Endless possibilities there, especially with Maul returning. Even opens up the door for an Obi Wan cameo, Han/Qi'ra reunited (at least briefly), and more run ins with the Empire and the fledging rebellion.

Anyway, I liked Solo the first time around but admit that even I may have had some SW fatigue and didn't fully give it a chance. This movie is great.
Hokey religions and acient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side...no to mention his quote about the force. And while Han doesn't outright recognize ObiWan in ANH, he does deal with him as if he knows of him or who he might be...sort of.
Beat40
tk for tu juan said:

That video came up on the recommend sidebar of YouTube. All I saw was the thumbnail that said "I Played Jar Jar Binks", and clicked on it without seeing the title. I thought it was going to be a humorous video and was not expecting the turn it took.
Yeah, this is the bad side of Star Wars fan.

Similar things for Jake Lloyd.

Kelly Marine Tran took so much heat she deleted her IG.

Rian Johnson, to his credit, pretty much let the heat he took roll off back.
redline248
AG
Quote:

And while Han doesn't outright recognize ObiWan in ANH, he does deal with him as if he knows of him or who he might be...sort of.
"Where did you dig up that old fossil?" Don't think Han knows anything about him.

Obviously, a cameo for Obi Wan doesn't have to mean Han sees him, bumps into him, talks to him, or anything...
Urban Ag
AG
right. The cameo could be very subtle. Maybe a lone figure who is quietly monitoring the situation when he senses that Maul is on Tatooine. They could do that and not mess the canon up. I believe that in Rebels, Kenobi finally ends up killing Maul right?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Urban Ag said:

right. The cameo could be very subtle. Maybe a lone figure who is quietly monitoring the situation when he senses that Maul is on Tatooine. They could do that and not mess the canon up. I believe that in Rebels, Kenobi finally ends up killing Maul right?

Yes, when Ezra ends up on Tatooine and Kenobi saves his ass, Maul wasn't far behind. Though Kenobi implied it had been some time since they saw each other from TCW days.
Urban Ag
AG
thanks

admit had trouble following Rebels, was just ok for me
BMX Bandit
I also liked Solo
Hello there

Less than 3 months to go. So hyped!
MJ20/20
AG
Why do they put that ***** padme in the middle? It should be chewie, he's in the most films.
Dro07
AG
With no Padme there is no Vader

with no Padme there is no luke...
MJ20/20
AG
On that vein no padme = no jar jar, so it's close to a wash.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MJ20/20 said:

On that vein no padme = no jar jar, so it's close to a wash.
Not really since there would be no Star Wars
First Page Last Page
Page 785 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.