Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,732 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's made with blue milk.
Tatooine Bantha Blue Milk?
/revision/latest?cb=20090607162305

Or Ahch-To Thala-Sirens Bluish Milk?
/revision/latest?cb=20180418051402
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://v.redd.it/fsdd6j5wo7s11
Duncan Idaho
Nm. Got my post WWII Nazi movies mixed up
nai06
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Jesus, rebooting Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Little Mermaid? Why the F- for? Out of ideas or just cash strapped? Or maybe they need to add "their truth" and a sprinkle of SJW to each...

It's a money deal. Disney bought the rights to my wife's book and then let them expire because they realized they can basically print money with live action versions of their cartoons. From what I heard they did that with a lot of rights. Thankfully the people on my wife's project found other financing to get it made.
The Collective
AG
Disney wants safe money. Tough to blame them, but it also kind of sucks.
Mr. White
nai06 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Jesus, rebooting Lion King, Mary Poppins, and Little Mermaid? Why the F- for? Out of ideas or just cash strapped? Or maybe they need to add "their truth" and a sprinkle of SJW to each...

It's a money deal. Disney bought the rights to my wife's book and then let them expire because they realized they can basically print money with live action versions of their cartoons. From what I heard they did that with a lot of rights. Thankfully the people on my wife's project found other financing to get it made.

?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Anyone watched Resistance? I saw the premiere, it was good. Need to watch the second episode.

Edit: just saw the other thread
nai06
AG
Mr. White said:

nai06 said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

?
I don't want to derail this thread so I'll probably start a new one when the trailer is released. It has been a rollercoaster experience to say the least
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Went back to Hollywood Studios earlier this month. (Thanks gold pass!)

Ran into this walking carpet...
TCTTS
AG
We're not far off from this tech being ready for prime time. Marvel has already mastered the de-aging effect (the footage in Ant-Man and the Wasp was utterly convincing, to the point where your brain doesn't even register "special effect"), but soon we won't even need the actors themselves. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's happening...

Duncan Idaho
It will be interesting to see what happens when 10years after you sign that release for a bit part in your first movie, the studio comes out with a whole franchise based on your likeness after you hit it big.

22 year old Brad Pitt thinks it is his big break and he signs a release for a supporting role in a TV show

20 years later, abc releases another law and order spin off staring Brad Pitt.
nai06
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when 10years after you sign that release for a bit part in your first movie, the studio comes out with a whole franchise based on your likeness after you hit it big.

22 year old Brad Pitt thinks it is his big break and he signs a release for a supporting role in a TV show

I assumed most agencies and the SAG had already addressed this after the Crispin Glover lawsuit
Duncan Idaho
nai06 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I assumed most agencies and the SAG had already addressed this after the Crispin Glover lawsuit

Dont know about anything about that.

I guess I was thinking more about the naive kid fresh off the bus to Hollywood signing away a lot more than I realized.

TCTTS
AG
Render
AG
How is this show going to work in regards to acting? You need to see the actor's face to connect with the character. Going the Tony Stark face cam route wouldn't tonally fit this show, if they're going for a "gritty" tone.
redline248
AG
Render said:

How is this show going to work in regards to acting? You need to see the actor's face to connect with the character. Going the Tony Stark face cam route wouldn't tonally fit this show, if they're going for a "gritty" tone.
Think about how often Tony Stark's face is actually seen outside of the helmet in those movies. Hell, in the 3rd movie he wasn't even Ironman for 95% of it.

edit to add: They've already shown us a picture of the character without the helmet on. My guess is it'll be off a lot.
Render
AG
That makes sense. I was assuming they were going for a straight copy of Boba, and whole reason that character's mysterious vibe worked was because he never took the helmet off.
bearamedic99
AG
Reminds me of the crappy movie Judge Dredd vs the awesome movie Dredd.
The Collective
AG
Render said:

That makes sense. I was assuming they were going for a straight copy of Boba, and whole reason that character's mysterious vibe worked was because he never took the helmet off.

Yea, it won't be like Boba Fett. We can just assume he is the way he is to mask his identity completely.
Duncan Idaho
No way the capture the bad assness of this guy

TCTTS
Flashdiaz
AG
Hey Mr. Fett, I need my taxes done today.

"as you wish"
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Hey Mr. Fett, I need my taxes done today.

"as you wish"

Didn't realize until now that "no disintegrations" was really just a future Arthur Andersen / Enron joke.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Render said:

I am guessing he will only don the helmet when he's going into battle / capture mode... We'll probably get him half the time in street clothes like Jengo Fett for his stake out periods, then putting on the Mandalorian Armor for the fight / action sequences.

Which makes a lot of sense because then you can substitute a really good stunt man / choreograph follower for the fight scenes instead of training an actor how to do it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BpIRkFABs8W
Flashdiaz
AG
What's Georgie shining his cmara light on... the skull on the wine bottle that kind of looks like Fetts symbol?
AliasMan02
AG
Flashdiaz said:

What's Georgie shining his cmara light on... the skull on the wine bottle that kind of looks like Fetts symbol?

It's an angel, I think.
Belton Ag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Flashdiaz said:

It's an angel, I think.
Looks like a bottle of Skywalker Ranch Pinot.
wangus12
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Flashdiaz said:

It's an angel, I think.

Doesn't look like the most beautiful creature in the universe
redline248
AG
Yeah that's not Natalie Portman on the label
AliasMan02
AG
Thought this was fascinating

YouBet
AG
Toys are the largest slice of revenue. I wonder within that segment how much of that is just from Lego. I bet a majority of it.

Also looks as if the real overall number is double that now. Wow.
tamusc
AG
YouBet said:

Toys are the largest slice of revenue. I wonder within that segment how much of that is just from Lego. I bet a majority of it.

Also looks as if the real overall number is double that now. Wow.
Yep, that's from at least 2012, if not earlier.
Saul Goodman
AG
I'm surprised the books have brought in $2b - I didn't think the audience was that big for those.
First Page Last Page
Page 772 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.