Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,497 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm seeing the Emperor doing a giant JFF Money Sign and it's amazing
TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Frankly I'm surprised we haven't had a trailer yet.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Target audience that it is, it kinda makes sense to me that they wait until after summer when kids are all back in school and stuff. Hell, half of Europe is on holiday currently.
twilly
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Trailer?

Did you say trailer?

jabberwalkie09
AG
I guess soon means imminent. Looks more light hearted than anything else we've had. Based on that i guess I'll give it a shot, though I'm definitely not the target audience.
AverageJones
AG
Filoni is doing this one right?
twilly
AG
That's the way I see it too. Has that "Mickey's Clubhouse" animation feel. Like the 10 and under crowd.

With the reports that Filoni isn't directly involved with the day-to-day animation/production, what we see in the trailer kind of makes sense.
Dro07
AG
It looks like a TellTale animation game... I think I can get over that if the story is done well.

EDIT: I love the way the fighters and such look the people are a little off to me but like i said I can get past that. Was that Phasma towards the end :51s or was that just lighting?
twilly
AG

Looks like a regular trooper. Wicked cool looking though.
Dro07
AG
Dang I thought it was going to be a little foreshadow for her character. How many years before TFA is this set again?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
twilly said:

Probably Ensign Phasma
jabberwalkie09
AG
twilly said:

Kind of looks like something I would expect to see out of Goldeneye 64.
twilly
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

twilly said:

Probably Ensign Phasma
Here's a pic of Phasma's and a trooper's helmets side by side. Definitely a regular trooper in the trailer.
Dro07
AG
could just be foreshadowing
SpreadsheetAg
AG
twilly said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

twilly said:

Probably Ensign Phasma
Here's a pic of Phasma's and a trooper's helmets side by side. Definitely a regular trooper in the trailer.

Maybe... maybe they just don't upgrade you to the sweet machine-striped helmet until you get to the rank of O3.
twilly
AG

Here is a snapshot from some recent con where the show was discussed. You can see Phasma is the center of the the left image. This also foreshadows the rumored Cardinal trooper, which would be another example of Filoni placing a legends character into the new canon.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
twilly said:

... another example of Filoni placing a legends character into the new canon.
When do we get the see the Ssi-Ruuk or the Yuzzhan Vong?

Dro07
AG
This guy?
twilly
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

twilly said:

... another example of Filoni placing a legends character into the new canon.
When do we get the see the Ssi-Ruuk or the Yuzzhan Vong?

SpreadsheetAg
AG
You know I was thinking about some of the legends books the other day... and I still don't think I can remember / understand the plot of the Children of the Jedi / Dark Saber / Planet of Twilight series...

A sentient Ship with Gammorean tribes onboard?
A hacker posing as Luke's old flame Callista?
A cockroach tried to infest the galaxy?
Quote:

Dzym was a droch genetically altered by Beldorion the Hutt's cook as a treat for the Hutt to eat. He became sentient and killed the cook. In cahoots with Seti Ashgad, he plotted to take drochs off Nam Chorios, thus devastating the galaxy, and providing himself eternal feeding grounds. He was killed during the attempt to launch off-world by the local population, who had been influenced by Luke Skywalker. At his death, Dzym was two hundred and fifty years old.
twilly
AG
That vid makes sense about Cardinal. Likely who that guy will be in SW Resistance.

Maybe my age and memory are playing the better of me but I thought there were red armored trooped in the Legends. Can't remember the book/comic, but the Royal Guard wore red trooper uniforms into battle, not the flowing garb you see in ROTJ.

This is more geeking than I'm used to. My head hurts.

MandoArms
Cardinal was a Major character in the Phasma book that came out earlier this year.
IG: mando_arms
AliasMan02
AG
Cardinal is a great character and will serve as an excellent foil for the Resistance spies.
israeliag
AG
I like the visual look of this better than Rebels, with potential of better than CW, too. It does look juvenile, but so did Rebels (and was for the first 1 or 2 seasons).
redline248
AG
Do people still care about Phasma?

Dekker_Lentz
AG
twilly said:

That vid makes sense about Cardinal. Likely who that guy will be in SW Resistance.

Maybe my age and memory are playing the better of me but I thought there were red armored trooped in the Legends. Can't remember the book/comic, but the Royal Guard wore red trooper uniforms into battle, not the flowing garb you see in ROTJ.

This is more geeking than I'm used to. My head hurts.

Maybe The Crimson Empire and Kir Kanos?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crimson_Empire
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thoughts on

Star Wars: A New Order ?
Farmer1906
AG
twilly said:

Here is a snapshot from some recent con where the show was discussed. You can see Phasma is the center of the the left image. This also foreshadows the rumored Cardinal trooper, which would be another example of Filoni placing a legends character into the new canon.

Isn't Cardinal cannon from the Phasma book. He was the top trooper around until she was pulled off her Stone Age like savage planet.
twilly
AG
There are red troopers in the legends universe. I was basing my statement on that. Later in this thread, I was made aware of Cardinal from the Phasma book. I haven't read that one so I was in the dark. It's likely the character in Resistance is that guy.
The Collective
AG
I forgot SW Resistance was happening. CW hits in October? Quite a bit of action for the animated group.

Nm, I looked up CW, and see it is a 2019 release.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
They keep pushing Phasma just like Rose.
First Page Last Page
Page 759 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.