Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,419 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Not shocked to see that. I wonder if it will scare off potential actors in the future.
It's a time-honored Star Wars tradition. First it was Jake Lloyd, then it was Hayden Christensen, now it's Kelly.

Some fans can be real d**ks.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Celebration 2019 tickets go on sale at Noon CT today. Anyone else gonna be attending?

This will be my first con of ANY kind, so I'm pretty excited.

I tried to convince the wife that it would be a good trip and a chance to visit Chicago (been a few years, and we used to go often for my work), and I got a huge eye roll.
fig96
AG
She's also apparently a really great person. There was a story from a fan how she overheard them talking about the film in a coffee shop the night it opened and she hung out and chatted with them for like an hour, took pics, etc. I've also got a friend who met her hosting a kids science event in SF and he said she was incredibly gracious and sincere.

Seriously sad y'all.
The Collective
AG
Society is screwed; just a complete loss of decency and tact.
Ulrich
It's not the actor's fault. "Fans" doing that is really disappointing. Tran seemed really excited to be in SW and did her best.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
People need to evaluate their lives if they are going to another person's social media account to bash them and put them down for a role they played in a movie.

I get your upset that you were let down by the movie, but come on.
brents1975
Brian... I went to Orlando in 2017 and it was such a fun experience. Buying my tickets for Chicago as well. You'll have a fantastic time!
"That's a loss for our football team." - Dennis Franchione
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Ugh. Yes, I am on record as stating that her character was the worst, by far, character in all of Star Wars. Terrible character. But is that her fault? It's not like she was cast as, say, Leia, and everyone hated her take on that beloved character. She simply had an awful character to portray, and I doubt there is any actor that could have made that character worthwhile or even likable. But there is absolutely no reason to make her life a living hell because of that role.
twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Celebration 2019 tickets go on sale at Noon CT today. Anyone else gonna be attending?

This will be my first con of ANY kind, so I'm pretty excited.
I'm going. I went back in 2010 and had a blast. Now how do I tell my son he can't go because of school? That will take some Jedi level explaining to sooth him over.
Dro07
AG
I did not like Rose but its really pathetic and troubling that there are people out there that can't separate an actor from a character.
brents1975
I'm taking my 14 year old to Celebration. only 2 days of school missed!
"That's a loss for our football team." - Dennis Franchione
Gigem314
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Ugh. Yes, I am on record as stating that her character was the worst, by far, character in all of Star Wars. Terrible character. But is that her fault? It's not like she was cast as, say, Leia, and everyone hated her take on that beloved character. She simply had an awful character to portray, and I doubt there is any actor that could have made that character worthwhile or even likable. But there is absolutely no reason to make her life a living hell because of that role.
Well said.
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Ugh. Yes, I am on record as stating that her character was the worst, by far, character in all of Star Wars.
AliasMan02
AG
Remember these are the same people who ran Daisy off of social media.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Ugh. Yes, I am on record as stating that her character was the worst, by far, character in all of Star Wars.

I am also on record as stating that Jar Jar, as silly as he is, at least played one significant role in the Star Wars universe - going in front of the Senate to request power for the Chancellor. Seems pretty important. What did Rose do? Not a damn thing.
The Collective
AG
I guess it is difficult for young celebrities to handle the change in their social media life that is required once they become famous (platform goes from social tool to marketing tool), but why would someone like Daisy even look at her mentions? Just post and go. Same thing to Disney's happy birthday tweet to Kathleen. Why even let trolls win? Just ignore it.

I am #SocialMediaVictimBlaming
Sex Panther
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Flashdiaz said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I am also on record as stating that Jar Jar, as silly as he is, at least played one significant role in the Star Wars universe - going in front of the Senate to request power for the Chancellor. Seems pretty important. What did Rose do? Not a damn thing.

I guess speaking the most important phrase of the entire franchise isn't considered a big deal...

"Not fighting what we hate, but by saving what we love" is the new "May the Force be with you".
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Flashdiaz said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

just because he muttered a phrase doesn't mean he isn't the worst character. I hate plenty of important people\characters.

as for Rose, she saved Finn dummy.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Dummy?

Was Finn worth saving? He seemed hellbent on flying that thing right into the death ray.
gougler08
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Dummy?

Was Finn worth saving? He seemed hellbent on flying that thing right into the death ray.
Yeah I don't really like Finn or Rose, so I was ok with him sacrificing himself
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Relevant to today's discussion.

Ag Since 83
AG
VIP tickets sold out instantly. Stupid bots.
Got my 5 day ticket though
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Boom!
Ag Since 83
AG
Note to self: walk up to everyone in weird prequel cosplay and ask them if they are an undercover cop investigating crime amongst street racing gangs
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've never done cosplay in my life, but I'll make sure to wear a prequel-related t-shirt and my converse shoes.

Then again, that will be no help at all.
twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've never done cosplay in my life, but I'll make sure to wear a prequel-related t-shirt and my converse shoes.

Then again, that will be no help at all.
I'll help you out. Here is what the Prequels panel line looked like at the last Celebration, Be on the lookout for this:
Flashdiaz
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Dummy?

I was being fecitious :/

Rose to Finn "I saved you, dummy. That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love."

I think they both should have flown into the death ray.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Quote:

The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Greatest. Post. Ever. Shut it down.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

"I saved you, dummy. That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love."
This line, aside from being cheesy AF, always bugged me.

Sure, you saved Finn, but you doomed the ENTIRE RESISTANCE who is holed up behind the steel door.
gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

"I saved you, dummy. That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love."

Sure, you saved Finn, but you doomed the ENTIRE RESISTANCE who is holed up behind the steel door.
But love man, love is more important
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Dummy?

I was being fecitious :/

Rose to Finn "I saved you, dummy. That's how we're gonna win. Not fighting what we hate, saving what we love."

I thought I was detecting some sarcasm but really could not tell. As for the quote, I only recall the last part of it because it is so dadgummed awful. Otherwise I have done everything I can to purge my memory of everything related to Rose.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Exactly. And it's the most selfish thing she could have done. Save your #WOO because you might be in love after 17 hours together, or sacrifice your potential life together in order to save even more lives inside that base.

What will be interesting to see is if she comes back for Episode IX and what JJ does with her and #WOO. If she's not there (written out); then that whole sequence from Ep8 is even more laughable. If she does come back, she has to die right?
The Collective
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

If she does come back, she has to die right?

I hope the opening line of the crawl is, "Rose Tico and General Leia Organa are dead" just to see the meltdown, because it makes her seem as important as Leia.
SpreadsheetAg
First Page Last Page
Page 719 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.