Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,861 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I finished the new Lando/Han novel, Last Shot. Falls pretty firmly into the "meh" category. Only impact it has on the larger saga is possibly some insight into Lando's rumored daughter. It does feature Sana Starros somewhat, which is a plus because she's such a fun character.
Farmer1906
AG
It wasn't anything special.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I finally finished Lords of the Sith yesterday at the airport. (Got distracted a few months back and hadn't finished the last 4 chapters or so.)

Really great read. The last act of the book is just action-packed and just the kind of Vader you want to see.

Highly rec.

(It's part of the new canon and takes place a few years after ROTS.)
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I finally finished Lords of the Sith yesterday at the airport. (Got distracted a few months back and hadn't finished the last 4 chapters or so.)

Really great read. The last act of the book is just action-packed and just the kind of Vader you want to see.

Highly rec.

(It's part of the new canon and takes place a few years after ROTS.)

It's probably my favorite depiction of Vader in the expanded canon.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke's Jedi Academy

Fan-made and likely not even based on canon, but kind of cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.starwarscelebration.com

Chicago, April 11-15, 2019

Not gonna lie, I'm strongly considering attending. Never been and always wanted to. Gonna try to round up my two huge SW nerd buddies.
TCTTS
AG
Well, we now know when the first trailer for Episode IX is going to drop.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, that was easy. Me and three buddies are in.

I will make sure to post plenty of pictures.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm undecided about next year. Anaheim 2015 was amazing but last year wasn't nearly as fun, mainly because the security lines were insane. I'll probably end up going though.

My advice: Get the closest hotel you can. Walking distance if at all possible. Chicago will be different, and McCormick Place is a good location, but having to deal with vehicle transportation (shuttles) in Orlando sucked.
wangus12
AG
Damnit. I'm hopefully gonna be engaged by the end of June and I highly doubt I'd have the time off to get up there
TV Casualty
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

I'm undecided about next year. Anaheim 2015 was amazing but last year wasn't nearly as fun, mainly because the security lines were insane. I'll probably end up going though.

My advice: Get the closest hotel you can. Walking distance if at all possible. Chicago will be different, and McCormick Place is a good location, but having to deal with vehicle transportation (shuttles) in Orlando sucked.
There is a hotel at McCormick that you can stay at. Probably will be booked up fast.

I think the Metra and South Shore Line both have stops at McCormick. The CTA has stops near McCormick where you might have to walk half a mile or so.
AliasMan02
AG
Just sent the word on to the wife. We'll see if she's down for it. She really wants to meet Daisy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How early do you have to be in line for the major panels?
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How early do you have to be in line for the major panels?

You should probably line up now.
Ag Since 83
AG
For Episode IX panel you would probably have to camp out. I camped out for the VII panel in Anaheim and it was well worth it. Didn't feel motivated to do so last year.

For the other panels, probably pretty early for the big ones, but I managed to get a bracelet for some main stage panels (but not the big ones) arriving at a decent time last year, either when it opened for the day or maybe just before): Billy Dee Williams, music of Rogue One, Rebels (not the main room, but in one of the siderooms where we did get to watch everything, including the first two episodes), and Battlefront 2 (yeah I really regret that one in hindsight)
twilly
AG
I want to go so very badly, but the timing sucks for us that want to bring their kids.
Living Legend
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

For Episode IX panel you would probably have to camp out. I camped out for the VII panel in Anaheim and it was well worth it. Didn't feel motivated to do so last year.

For the other panels, probably pretty early for the big ones, but I managed to get a bracelet for some main stage panels (but not the big ones) arriving at a decent time last year, either when it opened for the day or maybe just before): Billy Dee Williams, music of Rogue One, Rebels (not the main room, but in one of the siderooms where we did get to watch everything, including the first two episodes), and Battlefront 2 (yeah I really regret that one in hindsight)
When you say camp out do you literally mean spending the night outside in line? Iim 100% going to go to this next year and want to start building a strategy to make the most of this experience.
The Collective
AG
I think you will be sleeping / pulling an all-nighter in line, but it will be inside.
TCTTS
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
Inside but all night. You are likely to get some visits from someone famous at some point.

I think in Anaheim they opened the room for lining up at 6 pm the night before for a 10 or 11 am panel the next morning.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
I was hoping they were gonna quote our thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Gotta love Mark.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So basically, the second tweet is to point out that the first tweet is full of **** ?
TCTTS
AG
I posted the first tweet thinking there might be something to it. Then, nearly half an hour went by, and I started to see a couple tweets debunking the story, so I posted one of those as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Living Legend
AG
So is there an Obi Wan moving coming or nah?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906
AG
The Collective
AG
Troll, troll, troll your boat
Gently down the stream
boogieman
AG

Quote:

The next movie in the 'Star Wars Story' franchise will feature Obi-Wan Kenobi -- but it ain't an origin story ... far from it actually.

According to a newly released production bulletin -- obtained by TMZ -- Disney's next foray into their spin-off series appears to be called "Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story," with a working title of "Joshua Tree." "Return of the Jedi" also used a code name ... "Blue Harvest."

The synopsis reads as follows ... Obi-Wan is on Tatooine being an elusive hermit and stuff, but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker, whom he delivered to his uncle, Owen. Tensions between the local farmers and a tribe of Sand People -- headed by a ruthless war chief -- eventually brings Obi outta hiding ... and into Jedi kickass mode. Scene.

The bulletin lists Stephen Daldry as the director -- he'd been rumored to be in talks for the film, and now it looks like he's attached. The movie's shooting in London at a well-known 'Star Wars' studio, recently used for 'The Last Jedi.' Production is set to begin next spring.
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

Old news? Fake news?
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906 said:

That actually seems entirely appropriate for Lando. Sort of like Oberyn Martell in GoT.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer1906 said:

That actually seems entirely appropriate for Lando. Sort of like Oberyn Martell in GoT.

I disagree. He seems like the ultimate ladies man.
First Page Last Page
Page 709 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.