Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,701 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I know I said the same thing for TLJ, but here is my wild ass prediction:

There will be a secret Obi-Wan teaser trailer attached to Solo.

...or maybe........

a post credits Obi Wan cameo in a certain Cantina frequented by Solo/Chewie.

I know SW has never done post credits before but that would be awesome and serve the same purpose.

I see you guys are taking the usual path of Star Wars fans of trying to figure out a way to make seeing this movie disappointing in the end.
Personally, I want this to be a flashback. "Uncle Han, tell us a story. Like how you met Chewie and got the Falcon" Then, "30 YEARS AGO...."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

dude has been married for probably something like 800 years. Hasn't he suffered enough?
jr15aggie
AG
I'm sure this has been discussed already so no hard feelings if you just ignore me...

Watching the home version of Last Jedi I picked up on a detail about when Ben destroyed Luke's temple. Says he took a few students with him and slaughtered the rest. Is that a clue about the Knights of Ren? I can only assume so. They were mentioned and shown briefly in TFA and then dropped... sorta like the "clone wars" drop in A New Hope. Hoping they bring the lore to life in Ep 9.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've basically been assuming that they're the KoR.

But, it does make me wonder why they're holding blasters in that flashback, instead of lightsabers, if they really were Jedi apprentices.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I am of the group that likes TLJ for what it is.

That being said, I am disappointed in how the supposed "Knights of Ren" have been used in this whole new trilogy, from the movies themselves to the marketing, etc. I have no hopes that they will be of any substance, ever.
jr15aggie
AG
Cool. My other thought being... they are dead and gone (Snoke?) and their entire mention in both movies is to peak our interest and sell a crap ton of tickets in a few years when they announce "Knights of Ren - A Star Wars Story". It would reveal Kylo's pre TFA journey and possibly detail Snoke's origins.

Full disclosure, I'd probably be more hyped for that than I am for Solo.
AliasMan02
AG
With JJ returning, I'm sure that the KOR will play a factor.
israeliag
AG
Assuming there will be a time jump between 8 and 9 I could see KoR be a big component of a series that connects the gap. Perhaps the next Filoni series. Or would that be too close to the Inquisitors from Rebels?
The Collective
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

That being said, I am disappointed in how the supposed "Knights of Ren" have been used in this whole new trilogy, from the movies themselves to the marketing, etc. I have no hopes that they will be of any substance, ever.

Yea, one of the most badass things presented in The Force Awakens trailer, and here we still sit... wondering.
boogieman
AG
jr15aggie said:

Cool. My other thought being... they are dead and gone (Snoke?) ...

orrrrr they're been out in other parts of the galaxy doing evil First Order things, and will now come back and challenge Kylo for the throne?
redline248
AG
Well, he's supposed to be the "master" of them, so...
WALTON LOADS!
AG
boogieman said:

jr15aggie said:

Cool. My other thought being... they are dead and gone (Snoke?) ...

orrrrr they're been out in other parts of the galaxy doing evil First Order things, and will now come back and challenge Kylo for the throne?
War of the 5 Knights?
TCTTS
AG
Star Wars: The Knights of Ren
redline248
AG
I've always wondered what a star wars movie would look like with a "protagonist" that is dark side.

And I don't think Revenge counts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He turned about halfway through the movie, so it should at least half qualify.
redline248
AG
Was no longer the protagonist
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't follow.
Hagen95
AG
redline248 said:

I've always wondered what a star wars movie would look like with a "protagonist" that is dark side.

And I don't think Revenge counts.
So the Bad Lieutenant but set in the Star Wars universe?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I've basically been assuming that they're the KoR.

But, it does make me wonder why they're holding blasters in that flashback, instead of lightsabers, if they really were Jedi apprentices.
Maybe they didn't have light sabers?? Maybe Luke was taking more of a pacifist approach. I think I read that Kylo's saber was supposed crudely built and unstable, probably because of lack of proper training to production.

redline248
AG
Once he became Vader, he became an antagonist.

And I was partially kidding...

Partially
redline248
AG
He had a fully working, Jedi version in the flashback in TLJ. One would assume other students did, too.

Younglings had them in the old Jedi order, though we can't assume Luke did things the same way. Nor can we assume the age of any of them.
Urban Ag
AG
that's right. May bad
redline248
AG
No worries, the movie was largely forgettable
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah. Gotcha.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Skip ahead to 0:50.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. That legit got me hyped. If Episode IX really is a saga finale and not just a sequel trilogy finale, Abrams HAS to use Dual of the Fates somewhere. It's just so damn good and effective and people would lose their minds.

The sequel trilogy really needs to up its music game in general. Rey's Theme is the standout so far, but it's obviously a quieter piece. We need to end with a bang, and if they're not up for giving these movies more distinct/epic fight scores, at least resurrect Dual of the Fates for a crucial/relevant sequence in the final movie.
AgMarauder04
AG
That was incredible. I really want a Kenobi story.
CAR96
AG
So in that Kenobi video above, what is 'HFP' ?

The cartoon video clips, are they from Star Wars Rebels or Clone Wars? Which episodes are these clips from; I'm sure it's multiple, so what Seasons?

I really don't want to buy $80 worth of discs.

Here's to hoping we get a really involved Kenobi story.
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

If Episode IX really is a saga finale
It better not be IMO. The 2nd Star Wars story hasn't even released yet and I'm already sorta meh about them. I may not be the majority in that, but I'm certainly not the only one either.

The saga needs to continue with a new trilogy and presumably new characters or I'll probably lose interest real fast.
TCTTS
AG
I should have been more clear. It's the Skywalker saga finale. The next trilogy will be all new characters in a whole new part of the galaxy.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

I should have been more clear. It's the Skywalker saga finale. The next trilogy will be all new characters in a whole new part of the galaxy.

I don't think those are "episodes," though.
TCTTS
AG
Essentially, they are. They're basically carrying the torch of the saga films, in terms of their function in the franchise. They're just starting a new saga. Instead of Epsiode X, though, they're starting a whole new series with all new characters.
The Collective
AG
CAR96 said:

So in that Kenobi video above, what is 'HFP' ?

The cartoon video clips, are they from Star Wars Rebels or Clone Wars? Which episodes are these clips from; I'm sure it's multiple, so what Seasons?

I really don't want to buy $80 worth of discs.

Here's to hoping we get a really involved Kenobi story.

The cartoon clips where Kenobi looks like prequel Kenobi are from Clone Wars; the other one with him facing off with Maul are from Rebels. The Clone Wars is available on Netflix.
First Page Last Page
Page 700 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.