Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,737 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think around 7 PM Central.
TCTTS
AG
A little more footage below. Yeah, it looks like it's debuting during American Idol on ABC tonight, which starts at 7 PM Central. So between 7 and 8 tonight...

AliasMan02
AG
You know what's weird? We're beyond the age of tie-in video games. I was in GameStop just now and it struck me. There is no Solo game coming out, and we haven't seen anything like that in ages for pretty much any major property.

Tie in games were notoriously awful so I don't miss them overall, but it's just weird that such a big part of the marketing and merchandising equation from just a few years ago is totally gone.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

You know what's weird? We're beyond the age of tie-in video games. I was in GameStop just now and it struck me. There is no Solo game coming out, and we haven't seen anything like that in ages for pretty much any major property.

Tie in games were notoriously awful so I don't miss them overall, but it's just weird that such a big part of the marketing and merchandising equation from just a few years ago is totally gone.

Eh... Battlefront II's story tied in from post Endor and the beginning of TLJ didn't it?
TV Casualty
AG
Yeah the lack of star wars tie in games has been surprising. The closest one is battlefront. You would have thought that a whole host of star wars games would have accompanied the movies.

It would be good to see a modernized x-wing vs tie fighter. A re-make of tie fighter would be cool. I loved that game back in the day.
jokershady
AG
AliasMan02 said:

curious what defines a tie-in game.

Assuming it mainly will have to deal with how soon the game comes out in comparison to the movie release.

As there's been several games based on movies that were very good.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Except for Goldeneye, of course.
jokershady
AG
Mission Impossible on N64
Shadow of Mordor
Alien Isolation
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jokershady said:

New trailer yet?

*sigh*
on American Idol on ABC tonight.
jokershady
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

jokershady said:

New trailer yet?

*sigh*
on American Idol on ABC tonight.
fig96
AG
AliasMan02 said:

There's a few factors there, Lucasarts was shut down in 2013 and we had the failed 1313 game right around the same time. There's a new game in development from Respawn (studio that did Titanfall) and rumors are it's going to be heavily story focused so fingers crossed.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Titanfall was SUCH a big let down.
fig96
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Titanfall was SUCH a big let down.
The Titanfall that's at 86% on Metacritic with good to great reviews across the board?
Toptierag2018
jokershady said:

Mission Impossible on N64
Shadow of Mordor
Alien Isolation

Would not call Shadow of Mordor a movie tie in game. Return of the King was though and was a good game.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yes.

Great gameplay, but with little to no longer term value.
AliasMan02
AG
Yes, a lot of games mentioned are in the same property, but not a direct movie tie in. Even as recently as Iron Man and Captain America in the MCU we got direct film-to-game crossovers. The games always have more stuff in them, of course, but they're tied in some way to the film plot.

A softer tie in, like we see in Battlefront, is a better path forward. It's just weird to see the transition away from what was a staple.

Really looking forward to the new story driven Star Wars game, but it's a ways off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never played ROTK but Two Towers on GC was awesome.
fig96
AG
Well, it was designed as primarily a multiplayer game.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea. And the multiplayer had little replay value, little variety.
israeliag
AG
I don't have anything to contribute other than to say the current discussion here is miles ahead of whatever recycled talking points is going on over there: https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2944428
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
bangobango
AG
Looks good to me, but I'll wait this time for the real reviews to come in. Pretty obvious critics are either up Disney's ass or don't know a good star wars flick when they see it.
Simplebay
AG
Not gonna lie... the music at the end made it seem like a well made fan film.

Strike that... this feels like a well made fan film.

And I dont mean that as a compliment
The Collective
AG
Simplebay said:

Not gonna lie... the music at the end made it seem like a well made fan film.

They played the same at the end of the teaser - is it a midi file?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am not a fan of that music either, nor of the Force Theme they used earlier in the trailer.

Can we maybe stop using that theme for every single trailer? (But especially in a spinoff film that has NOTHING to do with the Force.)
redline248
AG
You don't think Woody uses the force to convince people to join his smuggling jobs?
The Collective
AG
Yea, I guess it has become the generic SW theme instead of the Force theme.

Since we are discussing music, it is worth noting that John Williams is writing the theme for the character Han Solo and John Powell is doing the score.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know I said the same thing for TLJ, but here is my wild ass prediction:

There will be a secret Obi-Wan teaser trailer attached to Solo.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Han and Chewie team up with Jon Snow and Tormund Giantsbane?

Unstoppable!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

...or maybe........

a post credits Obi Wan cameo in a certain Cantina frequented by Solo/Chewie.

I know SW has never done post credits before but that would be awesome and serve the same purpose.

The Collective
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

...or maybe........

a post credits Obi Wan cameo in a certain Cantina frequented by Solo/Chewie.

I know SW has never done post credits before but that would be awesome and serve the same purpose.

I see you guys are taking the usual path of Star Wars fans of trying to figure out a way to make seeing this movie disappointing in the end.
redline248
AG
Some on this board are very good at this.
The Collective
AG
CJS4715 said:

I see you guys are taking the usual path of Star Wars fans of trying to figure out a way to make seeing this movie disappointing in the end.

Also, I just reread my post. 5 prepositional clauses, come at me liberal arts majors.
TCTTS
AG
This shot got me thinking... assuming she's still alive, it would be pretty cool to see Chewie reunited with his wife at the end of Episode IX, and Solo could be the perfect set-up for that...

Farmer1906
AG
I love the feel of the trailer. It looks like great. However I'm having trouble believeing that is young Solo, young Lando, and directly related the guys in the OT.
First Page Last Page
Page 699 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.