Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,622 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This EPISODE VII thread got derailed very damn quickly. Can't wait til someone (maybe me) re-threads this crap and makes an actual EPISODE VII discussion.
fig96
AG
quote:
except for the way too powerful Jedi feats. Mace Windu crushing an entire droid army with a ship he pulled from the sky using the Force...not quite the way Lucas intended things.

I loved that episode actually. A little over the top maybe, but we finally got to see a Jedi do all the stuff we've always wanted to see.

The short for anyone who hasn't seen it.

quote:
This EPISODE VII thread got derailed very damn quickly. Can't wait til someone (maybe me) re-threads this crap and makes an actual EPISODE VII discussion.

And a perky Good Morning to you too.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I know, I can't believe a thread about a Star Wars movie resulted in people talking about Star Wars movies.
redline248
AG
We'll talk about Episode VII as there's more news about Episode VII. You wan't us to speculate or talk about what we hope we see?
Saxsoon
AG
If another thread is made I will derail it with a Star Wars Christmas faster than you can say "midichlorians".
Saxsoon
Texags is garbage
There was already an attempt at a second thread. It resulted in both threads falling to the 3rd/4th pages.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

There was a thread for that. This thread was made as an "everything Star Wars related" thread, read my OP. Don't like it, move to the other thread. Quit your *****in'.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That Mace Windu clip is pretty f-ing sick.
YellowPot_97
AG
this thread was started because TCTTS said all the EU talk was derailing his thread about VII
redline248
AG
I forgot about that ridiculous ground puncher.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:

There was a thread for that. This thread was made as an "everything Star Wars related" thread, read my OP. Don't like it, move to the other thread. Quit your *****in'.

quote:
this thread was started because TCTTS said all the EU talk was derailing his thread about VII

If this thread was intended as an "everything Star Wars related" thread, why on Earth was it called "Star Wars Episode VII Discussion Thread"??? That's what was so confusing about this whole thing. We had a year-long thread going that was almost exclusively Episode VII. People started getting WAY too into the EU, so I simply asked if we could get back on track. Then all the sudden a NEW Episode VII thread was created, but it was somehow for "everything Star Wars." Why not call this one "*** Everything Star Wars***" (or something like that). Why does it have Episode VII in the title?

Can we get staff to change the title of this one?

We had a GREAT Episode VII thread going already.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you TCTTS!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TC - give me your mailing address so I can get this shipped to you post haste.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My thread, my title, my rules. (Or lack of.) Once actual Ep VII news comes out, the thread will most likely be discussion about it, hence the title. If it bothers you, feel free to let staff know, as I really don't care enough to change it. Whole point of this thread was to not have anyone policing the thread.

Carry on.
Farmer1906
AG
TC is the one who started the clone wars cartoon convo.
TCTTS
AG
^ Inadvertently started the clone wars convo only because it sounded like it was going to be legit Episode VII news at first. Besides, this is a thread where anything Star Wars goes. So what's your point?
fig96
AG
This thread is a dessert topping AND a floor wax.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
^ Inadvertently started the clone wars convo only because it sounded like it was going to be legit Episode VII news at first. Besides, this is a thread where anything Star Wars goes. So what's your point?

My point is that you're talking about staying on "topic" with VII yet you were breaking the news on this thread about the Clone Wars. Seems a little hypocritical.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
My point is that you're talking about staying on "topic" with VII yet you were breaking the news on this thread about the Clone Wars. Seems a little hypocritical.

I was talking about staying on topic with VII in THE OTHER THREAD. The original one that was meant to be Episode VII only. Reading comprehension is your friend.
Sex Panther
AG
redline248
AG
All I'm reading is a bunch of damn whining.
Red Five
AG
quote:
We had a GREAT Episode VII thread going already.
That was a ****ty thread with about half of it dedicated to a pissing match about what the release date would be.
TCTTS
AG
SP with the perfect gif response ALWAYS.
YouBet
AG
Love how that kid looks around daring someone else to mess with him.
Ag Since 83
AG
Wait a minute, TC brings what he thinks might be "legit Episode VII news" to THIS thread now? But it might get lost amongst the stuff he doesn't care about!
TCTTS
AG
- We had a year-long Episode VII thread going. One in which I apologized for "derailing" with a release date "pissing match."

- Some time later, a group of posters started discussing the EU ad nauseam in the same thread. Because the EU readership is such a small percentage of actual SW fans, relatively speaking, I figured the vast majority of SW film fans were sick of wading through all the EU posts.

- Because the thread started to feel somewhat hijacked and off-topic again, I asked if we could refrain from all the EU talk, unless it pertained directly to Episode VII speculation.

- The EU peeps reacted rather strongly and were vocal in their insistence to keep discussing the EU without restriction. I ultimately said fine, go for it, agreeing that Episode VII news pretty dead at the time.

- A few days later another Star Wars thread was then created to discuss "all things Star Wars," I guess free of my evil oppression. Yet, for some reason, said thread was redundantly/confusingly titled "Episode VII Discussion."

- I didn't say a word about it until today, and only did so IN RESPONSE to a few posts addressing the obvious confusion of said thread title.

- It was yesterday when I brought what I thought might be "legit Episode VII news" to this thread because I figured this was the new thread of choice. It turned out to be Netflix news instead, people tried calling me out for hypocritically getting "off topic," and that's what apparently further-sparked the confusion.

- Point is, again, my "thread policing" was merely IN RESPONSE to the confusion brought up by OTHER POSTERS. I wasn't trying to start anything or whine about the "cool" kids taking their ball to another court. I could not care less about crap like that.

All I know for sure is A) Star Wars tends to brings out the absolute worst in fanboys (including myself), and B) I just spent five minutes breaking down internet message board politics in relation to f-ing Star Wars. I will now go repeatedly bang my head against a brick wall, then hopefully go do some really cool sh*t to offset this post.

Either way, consider the subject dropped.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/14/2014 12:51a).]
fig96
AG
Big Wookie hug! Now let's all get along and post about a galaxy far, far away, all of which is cool so really this isn't all that terrible in the big picture of message board conflicts.

quote:
Thank you TCTTS!

Could be wrong but I don't believe you (Chipotlemonger) have posted a thing in either of the threads. If you want discussion then feel free to contribute.
coupland boy
AG
quote:
SP with the perfect gif response ALWAYS.

I think I see what you did there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
- A few days later another Star Wars thread was then created to discuss "all things Star Wars," I guess free of my evil oppression. Yet, for some reason, said thread was redundantly/confusingly titled "Episode VII Discussion."

The oppression of the Sith will never return!
The Collective
AG
I lurk this thread for information, but like anything else sci-fi (especially Star Wars) related, I realize there will always been a sheet ton of fan boy nonsense to breeze past. It can be annoying, but it’s a fact of life in this genre.

[This message has been edited by cjs4715 (edited 2/14/2014 9:17a).]
Hagen95
AG
I sense much fear in this thread. And we all know where fear leads us to.
brents1975
i dont care what the thread is called. I am just happy we have SW discussion.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
i dont care what the thread is called. I am just happy we have SW discussion.

Someone finally gets it. Who cares if it is EU or not. I have never read the EU and I thought it was fascinating to watch that discussion in both thread.
TCTTS
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.