Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,473 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by TCTTS
cbr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I find it odd TLJ could do that after the PT did not.

Bad plot and character arcs make a much worse movie than just bad graphics and acting, IMO.

Sorry, had to take this opportunity to annoy a few people and explain my thoughts on it
israeliag
AG
Flashdiaz said:

CJS4715 said:

Wait, people hated the scene in Snoke's throne room? I thought it was pretty badass.
not that I know of. Some were wondering if Snoke's guards were the Knights of Ren. Rian said no because he didn't want to kill them off without giving them more of a backstory.
Also, it wouldn't make sense Kylo would kill them without even so much as a courtesy "sup, brah?"
Ag Since 83
AG
Just what Kylo needs, a SoCal surfer persona
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
cbr said:

Farmer1906 said:

I find it odd TLJ could do that after the PT did not.

Bad plot and character arcs make a much worse movie than just bad graphics and acting, IMO.

Sorry, had to take this opportunity to annoy a few people and explain my thoughts on it

ugh god no..... bad acting and bad CGI and bad plot = prequels. you can't call those good plots....

talk about unresolved crap and meaningless tangents and cringe-worthy stuff

- midichlorian talk - never explained fully, never mattered really
- virgin birth - seriously?!?!?!?!!
- political hum drum endless talking
- romance with a creepy age difference just ignored
- slaughtering CHILDREN
- whirling dervish yoda blech: talk about destroying a character Yoda: yoda was amazing because he was physically weak and mentally incredibly strong. they made him a comic frog flying around the screen.
- the horrible green screen crap especially in the arena, anakin looked stupid jumping on those things
- horrible romping in the field with anakin and padme vomit
- underwater Gungan BS with jar jar et al
- more underwater stupidity with big fish and bigger fish
- Vader was basically ruined as well - NNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

And please please please.... tell me what the plot of the prequels is - besides the overarching anakin goes to the dark side..... what is the point of any/all of the rest? what was going on with the trade federation, the blockades, the side deals, the alliances, the politics, etc....... and even if you can explain it all ..... what difference does ANY of it make? it's a complete sideshow. 90% of it is meaningless.

then you add horrible wooden acting. ugh. the only thing it had going for it was 1 or 2 good action sequences per movie. Thats it.

TLJ had great acting - Kylo was awesome and Rey too, Luke was very good and a great exit for Leia too.
TLJ had some great action sequences too. Like some of the best - the fighter scenes were amazing, the bombing run (physics aside) was cool, the lightspeed attack was phenomenal (and doesn't defy SW rules) the lightsaber fights were among the best ever.

You can argue Luke's story arc but he still got a great ending (imho) and Rose/Finn is awful.

But there is a lot else to love and at least it is well made, acted, and looks stunning in many parts.

At this point I'll never watch any of the prequels again - I now have 6 other great SW movies to watch and 7th and/or 8th coming soon.

Jason Ag
AG
What do yall think about this? The special edition made many unnecessary changes and bad CGI, but this is pretty good for fan made.

redline248
AG
No Han Solo, but hey, it's everyone favorite new character on the cover!

jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Granted, it's not anyone I know / have heard of before, but I'd like to think I've got a pretty good bullsh*t detector for stuff like this, and this feels legit.
thanks, i was especially glad to read that about Ehrenreich. if he doesn't nail Han, this could get ugly quick
TCTTS
AG
Currently eating brunch next to Admiral Holdo here in Brentwood...
AverageJones
AG
Can you ask her about autopilot and/or disclosing important battle plans to her subordinates?
Hagen95
AG
Ask her how Mace Windu liked having his arm ripped off by a Velociraptor?
jackie childs
tell her thanks for stealing what should've been Admiral Ackbar's final act
TCTTS
AG
Just tried. She told me I was too much of a hot head to disclose that information. And that if I didn't eat my French toast properly, I could get people killed.
FL_Ag1998
AG
redline248 said:

No Han Solo, but hey, it's everyone favorite new character on the cover!

Haha, at this point I'm pretty sure the Star Wars creative team or whatever they call themselves is trolling everybody with this Rose character. Whether you love the movie or you hate it, the dislike of Rose was almost universal. And yet they keep trotting her mug out on every piece of material they can. At this point I can almost guarantee she's going to have a major, major part in the next movie. Hell, I'm calling it now, she becomes a force user.
redline248
AG
Quote:

At this point I can almost guarantee she's going to have a major, major part in the next movie. Hell, I'm calling it now, she becomes a force user
AgMarauder04
AG
redline248 said:

Quote:

At this point I can almost guarantee she's going to have a major, major part in the next movie. Hell, I'm calling it now, she becomes a force user

Why the hell is she being pushed on us. She brought nothing to the movie and apparently fell in love with Fin after 38 seconds?
Ag Since 83
AG
So any promo material with a major supporting character introduced in the recent movie is Lucasfilm rubbing it in your face? Wow, some of you guys take your hatred way too far
twilly
AG
Rose needs to wake up in the next movie with a bag a gelatinous goo squirting all over the room so her and Finn can reminisce together over that special memory they share.
Hagen95
AG
Meeesah not think you understand big boss LucasArts plan.
TCTTS
AG
The hate for Rose in this thread is starting to border on uncomfortable. I thought she was... ok... and her saving / falling for Finn definitely came across as cheap, but some of you are acting as if she's Jar Jar meets Hilary Clinton. So much faux outrage.
AgMarauder04
AG
I think it's less that and annoyance/confusion a character that is pretty disliked (or at the minimum, divisive) is part of a primary marketing push.

It borders on how when TFA came out, shirts were printed without Rey....but had Phasma?
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

The hate for Rose in this thread is starting to border on uncomfortable. I thought she was... ok... and her saving / falling for Finn definitely came across as cheap, but some of you are acting as if she's Jar Jar meets Hilary Clinton. So much faux outrage.
It's not really Rose hate...more like Rose apathy. Her performance just didn't bring anything to the table.
Ag Since 83
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

I think it's less that and annoyance/confusion a character that is pretty disliked (or at the minimum, divisive) is part of a primary marketing push.

It borders on how when TFA came out, shirts were printed without Rey....but had Phasma?

This is how marketing works in Star Wars though. Create character. Sell stuff. The Cobalt Squadron book people were making fun of a few pages back was released the same week as the movie. I could have told you there would be a Rose merchandise push last April. To think this is in response to her reception in the movie is jumping to many many conclusions
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Perhaps, but I can point to at least one thing that Jar Jar did. He served as the mindless boob who got up in front of the Galactic Senate to request war powers for the chancellor (Emperor-to-be). What did Rose do other than spout empty SJW rhetoric (we're gonna beat them with love blech) and save Finn? Rose's sister was actually a more compelling character as a bomber gunner/pilot/whatever she was.
Hagen95
AG
General Binks led the Gungan army during the Battle of Naboo. Stop selling him short.
Hagen95
AG
Rose's sister was no more than the latest version of Porkins.
Dro07
AG
TCTTS said:

I think this really boils down to we're going to win not by fighting what we hate, but saving what we love.
redline248
AG
I have no love for Rose, but it's not outrage. As another poster said, it's annoyance. Same thing with Phasma. She was pushed in promotion before the movie, then brought nothing to the movie...and is now being pushed some more. She was given so much screen time at the expense of Finn, which makes it worse.
TCTTS
AG
I guess part of this, for me, is that I just can't understand getting bent out of shape over anything to do with this specific movie. I'm so over it, and it's just not worth it.
redline248
AG
But you get bent out of shape over people still complaining about the movie

j/k
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Can you ask her wtf happened in Twin Peaks?
SeattleAgJr
Sex Panther said:

TCTTS said:

Can you ask her wtf happened in Twin Peaks?
you think she knows?
512Ag
AG
Alright, I haven't really checked the SW threads since things here started falling apart after the release of The Last Jedi (much better after the second viewing, in my opinion.)

Anyway, I was listening to a mix of Star Wars music today and it got me wondering what are your favorite non-popular tracks from the Star Wars Universe. By "non-popular" I mean not the main theme, not the Imperial March and not the Force Theme.

Mine are these three:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wtf Rian. (Click into the thread.)

TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wtf Rian. (Click into the thread.)

meh,. I am over him.

it is obvious he does not have a grasp on what is "star Wars".

His lame attempts at humor and trolling are just sad.
First Page Last Page
Page 667 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.