Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,199 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Unwrapped this today.

VanZandt92
SeattleAgJr said:

amercer said:

JJ will get the "feel" right, but wrapping up **** in a way that makes sense isn't in his wheelhouse.

I loved both movies, but JJ put the series in a bad spot when he went full on lost/x-files with the hints and clues but didn't write a second chapter that followed up on any of them. Rian seems to be a different kind of story teller and just blew all of that off.
yeah. it astounds me that Lucasfilm did not have the whole story plotted out end-to-end before they started filming.

I just cannot fathom any world in which they would do this.

Kathleen Kennedy is proving herself not up to the task of running Lucasfilm similar to how Kevin Feige is running Marvel. So many problems with the production of RO, Solo, TLJ, etc. And they have handed over the reigns to three movies to Rian... ugh.

TCTTS
AG
Ulrich
That's good non - news.
cbr
AG
Quote:

How can you rank tlj behind prequels?

Easy for me: prequels were a good story with bad cgi, pretty bad acting, and some really stupid kiddie stuff.

Tlj is an absolutely ****ty story with fundamentally ****ty characters and no plot whatsoever other than 'all your icons and new characters except Rey are actually dumbass snotty moronic losers, and Rey isn't really a great character because she can do anything and never even had to work at it.' And it had even worse attempts at humor, still had bad cgi even 10 years later, and still had plenty of bad acting.
FTACO97
AG
cbr said:

Quote:

How can you rank tlj behind prequels?

Easy for me: prequels were a good story with bad cgi, pretty bad acting, and some really stupid kiddie stuff.

Tlj is an absolutely ****ty story with fundamentally ****ty characters and no plot whatsoever other than 'all your icons and new characters except Rey are actually dumbass snotty moronic losers, and Rey isn't really a great character because she can do anything and never even had to work at it.' And it had even worse attempts at humor, still had bad cgi even 10 years later, and still had plenty of bad acting.
Other than that Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?
GoodOldAgs
For anyone that somehow still thinks TLJ is anything less than terrible:

double aught
AG
Someone has a different opinion than me!
The Collective
AG
Empire
Star Wars
ROTJ
TFA
TLJ
Rogue One
ROTS
TPM
AOTC
fig96
AG
Yeah, I'm not going to spend 38 minutes watching that, sorry

Why are some of y'all so insistent on convincing others that it wasn't good or they shouldn't like it?

TLJ has done really well critically and some of us liked it while some of us didn't. Pretty much every critique I've seen is people not liking the way the story went or feeling like things went against how they believed it should've gone, but that doesn't make it inherently bad.

If you didn't like it, more power to you. If you did, that's just fine too.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
(Not an official pic, btw.)
The Collective
AG
Quote:

So yeah, there's a chance that Tarkin might be in the movie

Surely LF is not going to purposefully step on their own dicks again. If they put CGI Tarkin in there, it will prove that George wasn't the only tone deaf individual in that company.
TCTTS
AG
My first thought as well.
TCTTS
AG
Scratch that. I misread. That IS official artwork apparently.
The Collective
AG
Man...
TCTTS
AG
Ha, or not...

TCTTS
AG
Not official either, but damn...

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/7m7bm2/kenobi_movie_confirmed_yet_im_not_sure_but_i_made/
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

Why are some of y'all so insistent on convincing others that it wasn't good or they shouldn't like it?
These are the same who've been on here forever, well, since May 1999, doing the same thing with regard to the prequels. They showed up again after Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and later with The Hobbit trilogy. I predict they'll show up again after Solo: A Star Wars Story, Episode IX, Jurassic World whatever it's subtitle is ... and on and on.
Duncan Idaho
Farmer1906 said:

Unwrapped this today.

I would like a review.
Farmer1906
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Farmer1906 said:

Unwrapped this today.

I would like a review.
A little basic, but very neat. I left the cord I needed at my grandmas so I only played it for a few minutes.
Ulrich
Duncan Idaho said:

Farmer1906 said:

Unwrapped this today.

I would like a review.

...would it be ridiculous for me to buy this for myself as a 30th birthday present?
Duncan Idaho
Ulrich said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Farmer1906 said:

Unwrapped this today.

I would like a review.

...would it be ridiculous for me to buy this for myself as a 30th birthday present?

Not.at.all.
FTACO97
AG
Mark Hamill is walking back his critical comments about Rian Johnson's portrayal of Luke:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mark-hamill-criticism-rian-johnson-luke-skywalker-last-jedi-1202648884/
[url=http://variety.com/2017/film/news/mark-hamill-criticism-rian-johnson-luke-skywalker-last-jedi-1202648884/][/url]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Currently about 1/3 of the way through reading Lords of the Sith. Great novel so far.

It's essentially the Vader movie we've always wanted.
Ulrich
Yeah, that doesn't seem at all like Disney made him say it.
cbr
AG
His career requires him to retract all that. It was crazy of him to say any of that if he ever wanted to work again anywhere. Honestly that just shows HOW bad he thought it was- and most people agree. Hell rotten tomatoes is down to 51%. How the hell can a movie get that low with light sabers and chewbaca?
tamusc
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Currently about 1/3 of the way through reading Lords of the Sith. Great novel so far.

It's essentially the Vader movie we've always wanted.

It really is.
twilly
AG
Hadn't seen this on here, but with all the hate/love/ranking threads going back and forth, I thought this might be a nice change of pace.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Box office seems to be picking back up. $27M for both Monday and Tuesday, and $21M Wednesday. Way up from last week.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Box office seems to be picking back up. $27M for both Monday and Tuesday. Way up from last week.

The only people I know that don't like it are on here....

Most people I know IRL loved it and many are going or have gone multiple times.

Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Box office seems to be picking back up. $27M for both Monday and Tuesday, and $21M Wednesday. Way up from last week.
It just passed Wonder Woman for #2 of 2017. It should be in the top 10 all time soon. It seems to be pacing very similar to Jurrasic World (#4 all time).

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
By my count, should be passing TPM for #10 by tomorrow at the latest.

Star Wars now owns 3 spots in the top 10 and 5 spots in the top 15 all-time.

Currently:
1. The Force Awakens
7. Rogue One
10. Phantom Menace
11. A New Hope
14. The Last Jedi

Granted, this is the non-adjusted list.

But if you go to the adjusted list, Star Wars still has 5 in the top 20. (And possibly 6 soon.)

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/domestic.htm
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
Belton Ag
AG
This is why I literally lol'd the other day at the post that suggesting that Lucasfilm was bracing for Solo to bomb. There's no way a Star Wars movie is going to bomb, especially not at this time.
Farmer1906
AG
Belton Ag said:

This is why I literally lol'd the other day at the post that suggesting that Lucasfilm was bracing for Solo to bomb. There's no way a Star Wars movie is going to bomb, especially not at this time.
In relative terms. If Solo gets Batman v Superman type reviews and isn't good. And I mean actually not good, not just people don't love it. Then it only does 400-500 M domestic (less than TFA after its 2nd weekend) I would say most people would call that bombing.
First Page Last Page
Page 651 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.