Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,902 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

anywhere to watch past seasons?
Apparently Netflix has them available on dvd...but who uses the dvd option anymore?
The Collective
AG
ja86 said:

Disney XD app if you have the channel through your TV provider.
AliasMan02
AG
Just finished Phasma (audio book) and enjoyed it. A middle of the pack Star Wars novel based on my initial feelings, which is still pretty good. I actually enjoyed Vi and Cardinal the most, I think.

Like many people, I'm a little obsessed with Rae Sloane and there was a tidbit in the book that again suggests the First Order was more or less as it is prior to Snoke being in charge and that some sort of dramatic power shift occurred within the 15 years or so prior to TFA. I need to build a Snoke vs Sloane timeline.
redline248
AG
While you're doing that do you want to help fill in what we know about things from the books that are relevant to the movies?

For instance, from Bloodline we know that members of the senate were working to advance the First Order and keep them secret until they were ready to make a move. Do we know when the Republic started supporting the Resistance (and from what book that comes)?

We still don't know anything about Ben's turn and betrayal, do we?
AliasMan02
AG
Not a bad idea.

We don't have much info on Ben. Just that during Bloodline he was off with Luke... I don't think at the new academy (don't exactly recall), but off looking for Jedi stuff and presumably being trained. It was at this time that he learned Vader was his grandfather, after Leia was publicly outed. That was obviously a big moment, but cross referencing that with Phasma, I believe we can infer that Snoke was in charge of the First Order at that point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/10/16/star-wars-the-last-jedi-snoke-backstory/

Hm. I'm not really liking what I'm hearing about Snoke's backstory.

I don't mind them saving to reveal it until Ep IX, but, what worries me is, was the character created and then the backstory left to be figured out later? Basically reverse-engineered? If so, that feels a little cheap to me. I mean if the end-product is good, then it doesn't really matter. But I honestly would have preferred building the character from the ground up, whether based on an existing character or not.

Any thoughts on this?
Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/10/16/star-wars-the-last-jedi-snoke-backstory/

I don't mind them saving to reveal it until Ep IX, but, what worries me is, was the character created and then the backstory left to be figured out later? Basically reverse-engineered? If so, that feels a little cheap to me. I mean if the end-product is good, then it doesn't really matter. But I honestly would have preferred building the character from the ground up, whether based on an existing character or not.

Any thoughts on this?
doubt they had much backstory on the Emperor in ESB.... he was part chimp and part old lady after all.

Besides, who's to say a select few actually did have a general road map and just didn't feel Andy needed to know for The Force Awakens.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Any thoughts on this?
I'm not reading about Snoke's backstory.

I am trying to live the spoil free lyfe.
TCTTS
AG
It's not about Snoke's backstory. Just a story saying they now have one.
The Collective
AG
I am feeling good that Pablo Hidalgo probably has more to do with his backstory than JJ Abrams.
redline248
AG
Honestly, who wouldn't rather have the next 2 movies leave Snoke as a mystery? Then in a few years Disney can make a trilogy showcasing his use of politics and the force to take over the First Order.
cbr
AG
2 things for a newcomer to a long thread: what's the cliffs notes on snopes, and am i the only one who thinks Finn is pretty much as annoying as ewoks and jar jar binks?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
cbr said:

2 things for a newcomer to a long thread: what's the cliffs notes on snopes, and am i the only one who thinks Finn is pretty much as annoying as ewoks and jar jar binks?
Snopes is an internet website that uses its political bias to determine what is fact or fiction from their point of view.

Finn is sometimes annoying because he always either in intense mode, freak out mode, or lying mode.
cbr
AG
thx, snoke.
Dro07
AG
You think they had a back story to Vader set at the time he was created? It all evolves
redline248
AG
dromo07 said:

You think they had a back story to Vader set at the time he was created? It all evolves

Man, this is like chumming the water
Dro07
AG
You're gonna need a bigger boat
AliasMan02
AG
cbr said:

Droid, please!
Urban Ag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

cbr said:

Droid, please!
Exhibit A on why the character "Finn", sucked

fig96
AG
CJS4715 said:

ja86 said:

Disney XD app if you have the channel through your TV provider.
They previously only had a handful of eps available, but now looks like it's all of them. Time to catch up.
TCTTS
AG

redline248
AG
Honestly, no surprise
redline248
AG
Any guess on when we get a teaser?
TCTTS
AG
It's tricky with this one, as there's no real precedent. Every other Star Wars movie has had a trailer at least seven to eight months out except Solo, but none of them have a to deal with another SW movie coming out just five months later. So with the marketing for TLJ just now gearing up, I guess Disney/Lucasfilm doesn't want to confuse people? Still, Marvel manages to have trailers out for multiple projects at once, so it shouldn't really be any different here.

If I had to guess, I'd say either November - likely with Thor: Ragnarok (11/3) or Justice League (11/17) - or they just wait and release it with The Last Jedi in December. Waiting 'til after TLJ seems crazy to me, but who knows.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Simplebay
AG
they'll release it with TLJ, for sure.

Also, i love Ron Howard... but this movie is gonna bomb. and by bomb i mean only make 500M. It'll be the worst SW of the new iteration to date, by a long shot.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

That was awesome.
Farmer1906
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

I would watch the **** out of that movie.
TCTTS
AG
I'm going out on a limb and saying that Solo will be better than both TFA and Rogue One. I just have a feeling about this movie, from everything I've heard, to everyone involved. I'm betting this will be the most fun SW movie by a mile, and I think that'll go a long way toward its success.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Well that is a highly uninspiring title. I will still see it on opening day.
twilly
AG
I noticed they didn't give the release date on this announcement.

CORRECTION: The official PR from Lucasfilm still shows 5/25/18
TCTTS
AG
Still shocked by that. I thought for sure they were going to move it to December, and they had every legitimate reason/opportunity to. But they've passed that threshold now. I think they could have announced a change was July/August-ish. Now? No way.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Still shocked by that. I thought for sure they were going to move it to December, and they had every legitimate reason/opportunity to. But they've passed that threshold now. I think they could have announced a change was July/August-ish. Now? No way.

Maybe they just want to see what will happen.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm still not excited about this movie, and I'm hoping there's no trailer before TLJ.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
TCTTS said:

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Solo will be better than both TFA and Rogue One. I just have a feeling about this movie, from everything I've heard, to everyone involved. I'm betting this will be the most fun SW movie by a mile, and I think that'll go a long way toward its success.
I hope you're right. TFA doesn't really have staying power with me, but I LOVED Rogue One.
First Page Last Page
Page 623 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.