Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,592 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

YouBet said:

Luke didn't kill a rancor with a rock. He triggered a switch that dropped a steel door on it's head. That rancor would have killed Luke otherwise.

Luke also doesn't have Kylo Rens time stop power nor force lightening.

Spiderman would kick his ass easy.
And just who do you think Kylo might have learned that from in the 30 years after return of the jedi?

Vader YouTube mix tapes
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda vs Vader
redline248
AG
We talking end of Ep3 Yoda v Vader? Yoda for sure.

Ep 5 versions? Vader.
YouBet
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

YouBet said:

Luke didn't kill a rancor with a rock. He triggered a switch that dropped a steel door on it's head. That rancor would have killed Luke otherwise.

Luke also doesn't have Kylo Rens time stop power nor force lightening.

Spiderman would kick his ass easy.
And just who do you think Kylo might have learned that from in the 30 years after return of the jedi?
Um, Snoke.
AliasMan02
AG
Tidbits I stumbled across on Twitter that feed into the origins of the original "clone wars" concept, which seems to have been that planets of clones caused the Clone Wars with the Republic.

Pablo also confirms that Stormtroopers were all clones until 2007. This aligns with some toy packaging that I remember from back in the day.

What I infer here is that as a result of the Clone Wars, originally the defeated clone planets were subjugated and their people brought into the Imperial machine as troopers. The manipulation of both sides by Palpatine would still make some sense in this context.
redline248
AG
The 2007 date doesn't jive with the Zahn trilogy, in which Luke notes the difference of clone minds with regular troopers. Obviously, not canon now, but signed off by Lucas back then.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

The 2007 date doesn't jive with the Zahn trilogy, in which Luke notes the difference of clone minds with regular troopers. Obviously, not canon now, but signed off by Lucas back then.

Wasn't the difference in the clones in Thrawn the fact that their growth was accelerated due to the ysalamari?

Not disagreeing, just don't really remember.
redline248
AG
I don't remember about that, but I always got the impression it was Luke's first foray with clones.
TCTTS
AG
How awesome would it be if they launched this with a Star Wars show, much like the CBS app and their Trek show this year? Would be perfect timing on the heels of Episode IX.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I guess Rogue One will disappear sooner rather than later.

So many streaming services...
redline248
AG
I get why they do it, but I bet they way over charge for the service. I don't think I'm any more likely to subscribe to a stand alone Disney service than I am to Netflix or Amazon, which provide a lot more content.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

I get why they do it, but I bet they way over charge for the service. I don't think I'm any more likely to subscribe to a stand alone Disney service than I am to Netflix or Amazon, which provide a lot more content.
Target market is moms who want to be able to just hit "play" on the Disney service.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, it's starting to get out of hand. There are soon to be as many streaming services as there are channels. I guess the advantage vs. cable is that it's a la carte, and if you want to pay for ten different services or just two different services, it's up to the customer. But I could honestly see it ultimately being MORE expensive than cable to have everything cable offers but spread across different streaming services instead. Oh, well. It'll work it self out eventually, I'm sure.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, it's starting to get out of hand. There are soon to be as many streaming services as there are channels. I guess the advantage vs. cable is that it's a la carte, and if you want to pay for ten different services or just two different services, it's up to the customer. But I could honestly see it ultimately being MORE expensive than cable to have everything cable offers but spread across different streaming services instead. Oh, well. It'll work it self out eventually, I'm sure.
This has been the argument against an a la carte model for a while now, there's a good chance you're going to spend just as much buying everything separately.

The current cable model has tons of built in subsidies for a lot of networks that are bundled together, and you lose those discounts if you start to unbundle everything.
Dro07
AG
Crap! Quick someone close Pandora's box!!!!
TCTTS
AG
Here we go...

Dro07
AG
The Collective
AG
Kenobi: The Script the Internet Wrote
SpreadsheetAg
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-film-planned-director-talks-1030505
SpreadsheetAg
AG
CJS4715 said:

Kenobi: The Script the Internet Wrote

And if anyone strays from making the movie we expect to see; there will be hell to pay!
512Ag
AG
A Kenobi standalone you say?

Flashdiaz
AG
they will use the texags script

Malachi Constant
AG
I've never heard of Stephen Daldry, but here's his IMDB bio:

2019 Wicked
2016-2017The Crown (TV Series) (4 episodes)
- Episode #2.9 (2017)
- Episode #2.8 (2017)
- Hyde Park Corner (2016)
- Wolferton Splash (2016)
2014/ITrash
2014Billy Elliot (directed by)
2013The Audience
2011Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close
2008The Reader
2006Fussballfieber (segment "Eight")
2002The Hours
2000Billy Elliot
1998Eight (Short)
Malachi Constant
AG
I've heard "The Crown" is great but I haven't watched any of it.
Ag Since 83
AG
The Crown is great and Hyde Park Corner was my favorite episode of season 1
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PRAISE BE TO THE FORCE
redline248
AG
So after it's revealed that Rey is a Kenobi, they can make a movie filling in the details of old Ben's planet hopping tinder dates.
redline248
AG
Let it be known that I don't believe any of what I just posted will come to fruition.
MandoArms
It would be be awesome if Ashoka makes an appearance.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
BrownCoat said:

It would be be awesome if Ashoka makes an appearance.
Who could pull off the look?

Amanda Seyfried comes to mind:

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Will Ewen MacGregor return?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not even in question.
TCTTS
AG
Fun fact: She just married Thomas Sadoski, who's from College Station.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ChipFTAC01
AG
Had no idea he's from College Station. Interesting. Assume one of his parents was a prof?
First Page Last Page
Page 610 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.