Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,917 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rogue One Darth Vader Actor Joins Cast of Han Solo Movie
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-han-solo-spencer-wilding-darth-vader/

So, you think Vader will be in Solo's spinoff?
The Collective
AG
Why?
Dro07
AG
Love Vader but come on
MandoArms
Nothing saying he is playing Vader in the movie. He has played small parts in several Disney movies lately.

Calm down.
Urban Ag
AG
Try not to choke on your aspirations..............Cadet Solo

Flashdiaz
AG
I bet Han Solo made a fool of him somehow....

need the backstory on why Vader goes in for a closer look when Han is getting tortured

**jk. yes to the actor, no to vader**
jr15aggie
AG
Disney: We really need you to come in and salvage all of this Ron... waddaya say?

Ron: You have to let me put Vader in it.

Disney: Well we're trying to save him, we got A LOT of Star Wars movies planned and...

Ron: You asked me to fix this and I'm telling you Vader is the answer

Disney: But you see it's a Solo movie and Vader really doesn't fit here...

Ron: Vader or I walk

Disney: Pfft... of course Vader! I was just messing with you. Totally... Vader... done... of course!
Disney: Hey Sheri, I need the agents number for the guy who played Vader in Rogue One please!
twilly
AG
Maybe it's just a Vader cameo. We know part of the movie happens on a sand pla...oh wait...no Vader there.

Vader's probably in the movie force choking some guy in the background. Maybe a sand dealer.
MGS
Urban Ag said:

Try not to choke on your aspirations..............Cadet Solo

... and stay away from my daughter!
TCTTS
AG
Belton Ag
AG
Forgive me if this has been brought up, but isn't it pretty late in the game for someone to be "joining" the cast of this movie? Hasn't this thing almost wrapped?

There must be some significant changes being made to the movie.
TCTTS
AG
A lot of these types of announcements come weeks after the fact. He's probably been on set for a while now.
YouBet
AG
Christ, there are going to be Ewoks aren't there..
MGS
YouBet said:

Maybe he'll be a baby Wookie.
double aught
AG
YouBet said:

If we're lucky.
TCTTS
AG
Very interesting...

TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
Disney already having to rescue Episode IX.
Saul Goodman
AG
Sounds like Disney is starting to hedge on Trevorrow. If you didn't like his script, I can't imagine feeling overly confident in him directing.
Simplebay
AG
fan made, but so good...

redline248
AG
Is the random person next to Finn the fan who made it?
3rdGen2015
AG
Not sure if serious, but that's Kelly Marie Tran. She'll be playing a new character in TLJ.
TCTTS
AG
That's legitimately one of the best fan made posters I've ever seen. Wow.
redline248
AG
Yes serious, I have no idea who that is or why I should know.
The Collective
AG
redline248 said:

Is the random person next to Finn the fan who made it?
Rex Racer
AG
No R2 = Fail.
Farmer1906
AG
Rey's best look is not having her hair pulled back like that.
Flashdiaz
AG
aggie1906 said:

that's going to be saved for episode IX when she has to infiltrate a high society function and she comes out in a nice dress with her hair down, her friends will be looking and say a witty and original line like 'you clean up well'
YouBet
AG
Flashdiaz said:

aggie1906 said:

that's going to be saved for episode IX when she has to infiltrate a high society function and she comes out in a nice dress with her hair down, her friends will be looking and say a witty and original line like 'you clean up well'

And then her gay best friend (Finn) who helped get her looking that way will just give her a knowing smile. She will smile back. About the same time Kylo Ren, from across the room, arches an eyebrow, smiles slightly, and gives her the oh so slightest headnod of respect from a rival.

And at that moment she comes into her own as a woman.
jokershady
AG
Timeline question regarding the Death Stars....

They began construction on the first Death Star at the end of ROTS, episode 3. This is when Luke and Leia have just been born.

Fast forward to RO/ANH, episode 4, and it's been ~20 years. At this point they have just tested and confirmed the first Death Star is fully operational.

Ok....The time gap between the ESB and ROTJ has got to be at max a year. And the gap from ANH and ESB has got to be about a year as well....

So let's say 2-3 years have passed since the 1st Death Star was destroyed. There's no way they built a second Death Star to the point it was fully operational in that amount of time considering it took about 20 years to make the first one.

Does this mean the Emperor ordered the secret construction of the 2nd Death Star soon after the 1st one began?

Thought of this while watching ROTJ with the kids (this is their favorite for some reason).
TCTTS
AG
Simple answer: Lucas including the Death Star plans at the end of ROTS was incredibly dumb and he likely didn't think it through at all.
redline248
AG
Or possible the Empire learned a lot during making the first one and increased efficiency. Less pitfalls and bugs to work through. Another possibility is they had a 2nd one underway 5-8 years before A New Hope.
Malachi Constant
AG
Your post got me thinking. There should be a standard for Star Wars called the "Lucas Rule."

The Lucas Rule states: if something seemingly does not make sense, before concocting a complicated answer to fit the data, ask yourself "was this something George Lucas did to sell more merchandise and/or make things appear connected?"

Usually the Lucas Rule will prove correct.
Urban Ag
AG
I thought it was pretty clear in Rogue One that they ran in to major production issues with the weapon. The DS as a space station could have been completed for years but without the weapon it was worthless. I mean that was the whole point of occupying Jedha (procure the fuel for the weapon), shooting Jedha (partial test of the weapon) and destroying Alderan (full test of the weapon).
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

Simple answer: Lucas including the Death Star plans at the end of ROTS was incredibly dumb and he likely didn't think it through at all.
I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Didn't really care if the timeline matched up. Still don't, I guess.
First Page Last Page
Page 607 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.