Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,669 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
CrazyDayDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SeattleAgJr said:

Enough of the stupid flirting with the Dark Side crap in al of the Star Wars lore.

If it is that easy to fall prey to the Dark Side, it is a good thing the Jedi Knights were wiped out and should be prevented from being reestablished.

I hope they do not go this route with even a temporary flirtation of this tired clich e.

Nice troll.

The spiritual battle between good and evil goes back to the beginning of time. Where do you think Satan came from? Hint: He's a fallen angel.
SeattleAgJr
CrazyDayDuck said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Enough of the stupid flirting with the Dark Side crap in al of the Star Wars lore.

If it is that easy to fall prey to the Dark Side, it is a good thing the Jedi Knights were wiped out and should be prevented from being reestablished.

I hope they do not go this route with even a temporary flirtation of this tired clich e.

Nice troll.

The spiritual battle between good and evil goes back to the beginning of time. Where do you think Satan came from? Hint: He's a fallen angel.
How is that a troll.

Not every force user has to flirt with the Dark Side.

Not every person flirts with being all out criminal/evil.

It is lazy writing and has become clich e as it is used in every damn single Star Wars story (novels, comics, movies, etc)
CrazyDayDuck
SeattleAgJr said:

I started to say that is stupid as hell. Then I remember that I bought the fam some light sabers this week.

Make sure you get the ones made by Hasbro and make the whirling sound. A lot of them are crap.
SeattleAgJr
https://www.amazon.com/Sabers-Light-LightSaber-Chopsticks-Pairs/dp/B019UNQMCW
CrazyDayDuck
SeattleAgJr said:

CrazyDayDuck said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Nice troll.

How is that a troll.

Not every force user has to flirt with the Dark Side.

Not every person flirts with being all out criminal/evil.

It is lazy writing and has become clich e as it is used in every damn single Star Wars story (novels, comics, movies, etc)

Every one is tempted. We all have our weaknesses.

And how many Jedi actually turn to the dark side in the first place? Not many.

The ones that do turn to the dark side already have an inner conflict to begin with. Much like criminals tend to have had a messed up childhood.

SeattleAgJr
and rey does not have inner conflict. only abandonment issues.

so no point in going this story route.

(and there is no proof they are going this route. I am just arguing against this route).
Farmer1906
AG
It is in her blood. She's evil. She will murder Luke in cold blood.
SeattleAgJr
aggie1906 said:

what blood.

she is not a skywalker.
The Collective
AG
Waiting until I get home to watch sizzle reel. Damn it -hope it is worthwhile.
CrazyDayDuck
Although I agree that they need to be careful if they go this route (Rey getting tempted by the dark side). It will turn off some of us that watched the first two trilogies (Luke and Anakin were both tempted).

Then again, maybe Disney doesn't care about us old farts. It's been 40 years since Episode 4 and 18 years since Episode 1. Maybe they think this is a winnng formula?

This is why I loved Rougue One. It was totally original.
SeattleAgJr
CJS4715 said:

Waiting until I get home to watch sizzle reel. Damn it -hope it is worthwhile.
it is more of a saut e reel than a sizzle reel.
CrazyDayDuck
SeattleAgJr said:

https://www.amazon.com/Sabers-Light-LightSaber-Chopsticks-Pairs/dp/B019UNQMCW

Maybe when it gets to be closer to Halloween.

I'm going to be Anakin.
CrazyDayDuck
SeattleAgJr said:

and rey does not have inner conflict. only abandonment issues.

so no point in going this story route.

(and there is no proof they are going this route. I am just arguing against this route).

Abandonment is a pretty big issue.

Kelley Clarkson still breaks down in some of her concerts when she sings about her dad abandoning her.
Ag Since 83
AG
I actually have those chopsticks, although I haven't used them yet
Farmer1906
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

aggie1906 said:

what blood.

she is not a skywalker.
AliasMan02
AG
I'm seeing posters of Leia in red as well. Thinking that will just be a theme, like the title logo.
Belton Ag
AG
Yeah I'm skeptical Rey goes to the dark side or that the red cloak foreshadows that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
3rdGen2015
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Omg, I can't believe all of them are going to turn evil.
AliasMan02
AG
My girl Jess Pava is back kicking butt, I see.
SeattleAgJr
3rdGen2015 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Omg, I can't believe all of them are going to turn evil.
LAZY WRITING!!!!!!!!

Unless they become SUPER Evil and go father left than the New Order so as to wipe them out so that the rest of the Galaxy Is saved!!!!

Also... Zombie Han Solo.
jr15aggie
AG
Very curious why Kylo is fighting 2 people... And then it looks like Rey is fighting 3 guys with similar weapons. They get caught in a bad spot and have to work together?

Really liking that I know nothing about this one. Last time I found out too much before the movie.
wangus12
AG
Ren vs. Rey/Luke
SeattleAgJr
jr15aggie said:

Very curious why Kylo is fighting 2 people... And then it looks like Rey is fighting 3 guys with similar weapons. They get caught in a bad spot and have to work together?

Really liking that I know nothing about this one. Last time I found out too much before the movie.
Luke and Han are Rey's fathers (this is Disney after all).

Snoke used clone cells from both of them to create a hybrid. That is why she is part Jedi, part awesome pilot, even though she has lived her entire life on a planet and never left it, but can fly the ****ing MFalcon.
tk for tu juan
Probably just their regular clothes covered with red dust flying thru the air during that scene in the video posted today
OnlyForNow
AG
She's fighting th knights of Ren!!!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
YouBet said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

R

Not loving that poster, I'll be honest.

Doesn't quite feel like Star Wars to me.
Gut reaction:

Red Riding Hood, or
That recent Handmaidens Tale that's all abuzz in the female apocalyptic genre
M night shyamalan The Village
SpreadsheetAg
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

If the premise is that there originally was no light and dark, then the "dark side" must be embraced within the force teachings to counterbalance the light, yes?
The Collective
AG
Nobody has mentioned the force bird appearance.
JCRiley09
AG
CJS4715 said:

Is that the same bird that we've seen a few times in Rebels? Does the bird make any other appearances in canon?
AliasMan02
AG
JCRiley09 said:

CJS4715 said:

Is that the same bird that we've seen a few times in Rebels? Does the bird make any other appearances in canon?

If it is the same bird, and I'm not sure it is, this would be its first film appearance.
JCRiley09
AG
Any force birds in a C3PO/Jar Jar clone wars episode? I've only seen the episodes listed in the essential viewing lists.
Farmer1906
AG
The red to show there is evil in everyone. That is why the Jedi must end. It set a standard that was unable to be kept which lead to the rise of the sith & dark side.
AliasMan02
AG
JCRiley09 said:

Any force birds in a C3PO/Jar Jar clone wars episode? I've only seen the episodes listed in the essential viewing lists.
I don't think they show up until Rebels, but I could be wrong.
The Collective
AG
AliasMan02 said:

JCRiley09 said:

CJS4715 said:

If it is the same bird, and I'm not sure it is, this would be its first film appearance.

I don't believe it is the same bird in Rebels. I believe these birds are residents on the island where Rey finds Luke. The idea is similar though, and I think it's why there has been some focus on force users and other creatures in Rebels.
First Page Last Page
Page 605 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.