Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,835 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

MGS said:

Anakin (played by Paul Walker) : I almost had you!
Obi-Wan (played by Vin Diesel): You almost had me? You never had me. You never had your arms!

I live my life one high ground at a time

I think you mean one quarter parsec
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ask any smuggler, any real smuggler. If don't matter if you win by a mile or a parsec. Winning's winning.
boogieman
AG
Quote:

The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.
Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

Link
TCTTS
AG
And there we go. May is officially official.
jbanda
AG
Ford will be a few days short of his 78th birthday when that comes out.
Urban Ag
AG
boogieman said:

Quote:

The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.
Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

Link
I am extremely skeptical of carrying on the Indiana Jones franchise with Ford given his age. That being said, the only way I am going to buy in to this is if the at some point in the first few minutes we hear:

Sallah: Indy, my dear friend, I have traveled all the way from Cairo to be with you in your time of need. I am so sorry about your son

Indy: Thanks old friend. Damn, killed by his own troops in Vietnam........wasn't expecting that telegram

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, color me surprised. Figured they had firmly planted the Star Wars flag on Christmas.

But Star Wars in May? That just feels right. The original home of Star Wars.
The Collective
AG
Avengers concludes in early May 2019, right? Hello cash machine!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I guess the confusing thing is, if they liked May releases, why not start the trilogy off in May 2016? If they wanted to test out December and see how it did, why go back after seeing it was a goldmine two years in a row?

I wonder what the thought process is. Maybe December was a Bob Iger decision and he is no longer calling the shots since he's on his way out soon.
Dro07
AG
thats what i am wondering. Star Wars in Dec turned into a new family tradition for us with all the relative and friends being in town.
Urban Ag
AG
that will be five Star Wars movies released in a 3.5 year span.

The Mouse don't **** around

M.C. Swag
AG
Mark me down as one who also loved December Star Wars....but I won't complain as long as we get high quality SW films.
amercer
AG
Don't worry. It will end up getting pushed back to Dec due to studio meddling and massive reshoots.
TCTTS
AG
Had to keep promises to their shareholders. When this whole thing was announced in 2012 for a 2015 release, they never imagined they wouldn't be able to hit that date, especially considering they already had an outline and writer well before the announcement was even made. But then when they encountered development troubles months later, and already pushed to December 2015, Abrams pushed hard again for May 2016 but Disney wouldn't budge due to the 2015 promise to shareholders. Before all that, though, the plan was always May 2015.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What difference would it have made to shareholders to wait an extra 5 months? It was a guaranteed success either way.
zagman
AG
Money earned now and reinvested is worth more than money earned 5 months from now.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What difference would it have made to shareholders to wait an extra 5 months? It was a guaranteed success either way.
When companies make promises, set deadlines, etc, to their shareholders, they are expected to hit them.
twilly
AG
Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

When companies make promises, set deadlines, etc, to their shareholders, they are expected to hit them.
Also has to do with including revenues in 2015 to offset loses with ESPN.
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Awesome. Seems like a good dude.
Dro07
AG
redline248 said:

dromo07 said:

Is Billy Dee Williams a White black or something?

Isn't that true?

Whats a Nubian?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

I am extremely skeptical of carrying on the Indiana Jones franchise with Ford given his age.
I'm more concerned about him being coherent or even wanting to be there. He's already terrible on the late night talk shows when doing his contractually required media push. He might even punch someone. Wait, on second thought this could be great.
double aught
AG
He's always been a bad interview. I think he's actually gotten better in recent years.
jokershady
AG
I find his interviews to be quite entertaining:

AggieSouth06
FarmerJohn said:

Quote:

I am extremely skeptical of carrying on the Indiana Jones franchise with Ford given his age.
I'm more concerned about him being coherent or even wanting to be there. He's already terrible on the late night talk shows when doing his contractually required media push. He might even punch someone. Wait, on second thought this could be great.

Does he blow all his money on those classic planes? Dude clearly hates his job. Like most people. But most people aren't filthy rich.

Why not just quit?
Urban Ag
AG
I've never seen those. That third one you posted is fantastic.
SeattleAgJr
jbanda said:

Ford will be a few days short of his 78th birthday when that comes out.
So the movie is set in 1978 or thereabouts....

So... Atlantis? Egypt?

Both were really big in the 70s.

Fate of Atlantis confirmed!!!!! :-)
MGS
I hope they kill off Mutt in this one, maybe he can get run over by a yellow Camaro.
Sex Panther
AG
MGS said:

I hope they kill off Mutt in this one, maybe he can get run over by a yellow Camaro.

George Lucas will not divide us...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MGS said:

Make it a black Trans-Am with a former FSU football player wearing a big cowboy hat, perhaps followed by a big rig driven by a dude with his big portly dog ... that would be fantastic.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Hmmm...

Dro07
AG
so they are going to free ball the last episode?
TCTTS
AG
I'm more worried now that IX is a 100% Trevorrow/Connelly effort.
The Collective
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 587 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.