Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,142 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
caleblyn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Blatant Disregard said:

"It's time for the Jedi to end."

-Luke Skywalker
Was that him?
benMath08
AG
Simplebay said:

If Luke turns bad I'm done. My emotions can't take this shii
Probably just disillusioned. From his point of view the Jedi Order hasn't exactly done a great job protecting the galaxy, or even their own pupils. Then, the kid he trained ended up killing Han which probably didn't make Luke feel any better about things.
AggieSportsGuy
AG
I listened with some good headphones and I truly don't believe it is Luke saying that. I think it is going to end up being whomever is Snoke.
caleblyn
So the same questions as before...

Is the fire scene with Knights of Ren, Luke, and R2 from the past, present, or future?
bobinator
AG
Doesn't sound like Snoke though, though we haven't heard Snoke "in person" so his voice could be different I suppose.
caleblyn
AggieSportsGuy said:

I listened with some good headphones and I truly don't believe it is Luke saying that. I think it is going to end up being whomever is Snoke.
Need to go listen to Snoke and then the trailer again.
lunchbox
I thought it sounded more like Kylo
caleblyn
Someone had a good point on other thread...

It could be Luke very early in the movie saying the Jedi need to end since he just experienced Ben going dark. It is similar to Luke trying to get Yoda to train him.

So, if it is Luke's voice, I will be taking this thought approach, because any other might upset me!
bobinator
AG
lunchbox said:

Assuming that their voices haven't changed from the first one, it doesn't really sound anything like Kylo or Snoke.
bankshot11
AG
It was Luke. Hamill said during the panel he recorded lines for the trailer but had never seen it.
tamusc
AG
lunchbox said:

You can see Luke's lips moving in sync with the voiceover as he's standing in the cave entrance.
benMath08
AG
caleblyn said:

It could be Luke very early in the movie saying the Jedi need to end since he just experienced Ben going dark. It is similar to Luke trying to get Yoda to train him.

So, if it is Luke's voice, I will be taking this thought approach, because any other might upset me!
That's what I think as well.
AliasMan02
AG
caleblyn said:

Is the fire scene with Knights of Ren, Luke, and R2 from the past, present, or future?

The scene of the burning temple we're pretty certain is the past. The scene with the KoR is a different event and it seems to be up in the air. Some reason to think both ways.
AliasMan02
AG
I think we can all agree that this feels new and fresh and not an Empire retread, right?

The land battle with AT ATs, and the training are Empireish, but that's it for me.
3rdGen2015
AG
AliasMan02 said:

caleblyn said:

The scene of the burning temple we're pretty certain is the past. The scene with the KoR is a different event and it seems to be up in the air. Some reason to think both ways.

If y'all are thinking about the scene I'm thinking about, those are FO troops with Phasma leading the way I'm pretty sure.
AliasMan02
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

AliasMan02 said:

caleblyn said:

If y'all are thinking about the scene I'm thinking about, those are FO troops with Phasma leading the way I'm pretty sure.

I think we're talking about Rey's vision in TFA.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

DEAR GOD
and that is already set as my phone's wallpaper.
boogieman
AG
caleblyn said:

Yup. That's what I'm thinking as well. Would go well with the look Luke gave Rey at the end of Awakens. The "oh no, you shouldn't have come here" look.
amercer
AG
I wonder if Luke found the first Jedi temple, and something there convinced him that it was time to move past the Jedi...
3rdGen2015
AG
Thought y'all meant from the trailer. Carry on.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
amercer said:

I wonder if Luke found the first Jedi temple, and something there convinced him that it was time to move past the Jedi...
This is what I think. I posted it on the other thread as well. the Balance comment and the END the jedi comment mean to me that you can't have light and dark separately anymore, no Jedi and Sith. They have to be together, in one person.
israeliag
AG
Simplebay
AG
Are they going out of order for the live streams? Why is Small Talk on now instead of the rogue one panel
AMW2010
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Well that didn't take long.

LOL I kinda hope it's not that obvious.
Brahma
Just FYI there are whispers in the trailer. When you see the back Leia you hear her say "help me obi wan" then when you see Kylo's smashed mask you hear obi wan say's "seduced by the dark side" and then when the tree liking thing is on screen you hear yoda say "train, you must" or something like that.

Turn the volume up and enjoy!
Phat32
AG
wangus12
AG
AMW2010 said:

That symbol is straight up the symbol of the Jedi Order, not Grey Jedi.

The one above The Jedi Code is the symbol for the Old Republic

SpreadsheetAg
AG
wangus12 said:

AMW2010 said:

... the symbol for the Old Republic

And it's also Sauron of Middle-Earth... wait a minute... does... does that mean... Obi-Wan is a Numenorean?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RebAg13
AG
Great father son pic
Simplebay
AG
If you aren't watching Hamill's tribute to Fisher, you need to.

This is incredibly real and I can't believe he's saying half this. Which in itself is a tribute....because she would
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Planning on watching as soon as it's up on youtube. Will have Kleenex in reach.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meant to use thumbs up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Extended war room scene. Good *****
First Page Last Page
Page 580 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.