Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,269 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Work is slow today. Let's get some discussion going.

1. What do you want to see in the teaser?

Agreed. Luke igniting a lightsaber

2. What do you expect to see in the teaser?

Poe and Finn in a relationship to appease the millennials/SJW

3. Will Luke speak?

Uncontrollable laughter because Luke has become the Joker in his years of isolation
SpreadsheetAg
AG
What if Luke has Alzheimer's and he think Rey is Leia?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just hit 20k!
Urban Ag
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

oh that would be awesome:

Chewbacca: GRAARRWAWARRAA
Luke: Whoa, WTF is that?
Rey: It's Chewbacca, he's your friend.
Luke: Nah, I think I'd remember being friends with a wampa
Rey: No, he's a wookie, the wampa attacked you on Hoth.
Luke: Hoth huh? Nah, never been there.
Rey: oh jesus
R2: beep beep
Luke: man, that old astromech is beat to crap, where did you get it?
Rey: That's R2D2, he was your droid, he served your father in the Clone War.
Luke: No, my dad, Ben Kenobi, never owned any droids, he told me that years ago
Rey: What? Kenobi? Luke, your father was Darth Vader!
Luke: who?

wangus12
AG
Hopefully it is ROTJ Luke who remembers they're related, not ANH Luke who wants to smash
Flashdiaz
AG
wangus12 said:

Hopefully it is ROTJ Luke who remembers they're related, not ANH Luke who wants to smash
Leia initiated both kisses... and she didn't wear a bra in ANH.
MGS
SpreadsheetAg said:

Or he'll tell Rey she can't go back to the Resistance until next season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Referring to the what do you expect to see......bump from something I posted 3 months ago.

along the lines of what UrbanAg posted:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Hmmm yes I can see it now......

• Suddenly it has become winter and the resistance is hurriedly evacuating as the FO attacks....
  • Finn somehow is trapped in a cave with a snow beast....Po goes out in the dangerous temps to rescue him despite Leia's warnings. In the morning they find them inside a tauntaun for warmth.
  • Meanwhile Luke and Rey have landed/crashed on a swamp planet to begin her training and live in a hut.
  • Kylo summons bounty hunter Greedo Fett grandson of Boba...who works for Unkar Plutt on Jakku.
  • Finn and Po escape with Leia and Chewy and after hiding in an asteroid field that turns out to be a monster worm thing that eats metal ships...they go to a cloud city.
  • Luke trains Rey and makes her carry him on her shoulders, she sees images of Kylo in a cave.
  • They meet octogenarian Lando Calrissian....BB8 gets disassembled and Finn gets captured and frozen when Lando betrays them to Kylo Ren in exchange for a floating wheelchair with blasters.
  • Rey senses this and leaves her training early despite Luke shaking his head.
  • Greedo Fett leaves taking Finn's frozen body back to Jakku for a bounty from the Resistance.
  • Rey arrives at cloud city and falls into Kylo's trap...Kylo severs Reys hand and then reveals he is her brother!!!!
  • Rey is ejected beneath cloud city and Chewy and Leia rescue her with the Millennium Falcon, having escaped when Lando felt regret and helped them.
  • Later aboard a medical frigate Rey receives a mechanical hand.
  • Meanwhile Lando and Chewy set off to Jakku to rescue Finn from Unkar Plutt...and C3PO, BB8, R2D2, Leia, Po, Luke and Rey look out a window and wait.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just watched Rogue One blu ray.

That battle and that ending. Just, ****.
amercer
AG
I want to see the trailer conclude where TFA ends, with Luke giving a slight smirk and his lightsaber flying over to him with out him having to move a muscle.
Ag Since 83
AG
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/late-carrie-fisher-final-star-wars-movie-article-1.3030154

So it seems they will use unused footage from VII/VIII to have Leia in IX. A far better option than doing CGI, but hopefully they don't have to tweak the story too much to make whatever footage they have work.
TCTTS
AG
This has disaster written all over it. Combined with the fact that Colin Trevorrow is writing/directing, be prepared for this trilogy, at least, to peak with The Last Jedi.
Saul Goodman
AG
I was disappointed when they announced Trevorrow for IX. I may be in the minority considering what it did at the box office, but I was not impressed with Jurassic World at all.

Here's to hoping he proves me wrong.
TCTTS
AG
Right there with you. I don't think JW is a bad movie by any means, but I can't think of a single scene or sequence I truly enjoyed. Such an uninspired blockbuster overall with really bland writing.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Right there with you. I don't think JW is a bad movie by any means, but I can't think of a single scene or sequence I truly enjoyed. Such an uninspired blockbuster overall with really bland writing.

Dude, are you okay?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Well that scene where the boys were in the ball thing and the little brother says there's 5 dinosaurs, big brother retorts that there is only 4, and little bro points at the reflection of the 5th dinosaur standing right behind them. I really enjoyed that scene.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/moviepilot.com/posts/4241951/amp

This could be crazy.

Quote:

Yup, the word online is that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Rosario Dawson and even #Gotham's very own Jerome, Cameron Monaghan, are setting their sights upon the Star Wars saga. These sign-ups may be unconfirmed speculation at this stage, but there is a lot to indicate that it's true; let's take a look at the evidence as it stands.

Indeed, some eagle-eyed fans spotted that the Official Star Wars Twitter account had recently followed each of these celebrities on the popular social media site. A more cynical reader will probably protest that this doesn't prove anything; the Star Wars #Twitter follows plenty of people, some of them journalists or famous people like #KevinSmith, who aren't involved in producing the saga (that we know of!). But not so fast young padawans! You see, #RosarioDawson has openly spoken of her affection for the franchise before, and her Twitter header has lately been replaced with a very familiar quote from Yoda.
M.C. Swag
AG
Jurassic World was a joke. I hope it was simply too many cooks in the kitchen with the script and not something Trevorrow actually crafted as intended.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Natalie Portman is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Vanity Fair Oscars party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. She asks what I do. I say I loved her in New Girl. She laughs. I get my drink.

"Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got her attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Natalie Portman? She touches her neck as she watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, she finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.

"Got a spare?" she asks.

"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand her one of my little white ladies. She smiles.

"Conversation with me, duh."

I laugh.

"What's so funny?" she protests.

"Nothing, nothing... It's just... don't you grow tired of the egos?"

"You get used to it," she says, lighting her cigarette and handing me back the lighter.

"What would you do if you weren't an actress?" I ask.

"Teaching, I think."

"And if I was your student, what would I be learning?"

"Discipline," she says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"

"Bermuda," I say.

"Oh wow. That's lovely."

"It's ok," I admit. "Not everything is to my liking."

"What could possibly be not to your liking in Bermuda?" she inquires.

"I don't like sand," I tell her. "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
Buck Compton
AG
Champ Bailey said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/moviepilot.com/posts/4241951/amp

This could be crazy.

Quote:

Yup, the word online is that Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, Rosario Dawson and even #Gotham's very own Jerome, Cameron Monaghan, are setting their sights upon the Star Wars saga. These sign-ups may be unconfirmed speculation at this stage, but there is a lot to indicate that it's true; let's take a look at the evidence as it stands.

If Dwayne 'The rock' "Daddy's gotta go to work" Johnson ever is in a Star Wars movie as anything other than an alien/disguised cameo, the franchise will have officially jumped the shark.
Sex Panther
AG
Know your role and shut your damn mouth when Darth Rock is in the building
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Natalie Portman is the reason I work out. I have this fantasy where we start talking at the Vanity Fair Oscars party bar. We exchange a few pleasantries. She asks what I do. I say I loved her in New Girl. She laughs. I get my drink.

"Well, see ya," I say and walk away. I've got her attention now. How many guys voluntarily leave a conversation with Natalie Portman? She touches her neck as she watches me leave.

Later, as the night's dragged on and the coterie of gorgeous narcissists grows increasingly loose, she finds me on the balcony, my bowtie undone, smoking a cigarette.

"Got a spare?" she asks.

"What's in it for me?" I say as I hand her one of my little white ladies. She smiles.

I laugh.

"You get used to it," she says, lighting her cigarette and handing me back the lighter.

"Teaching, I think."

"Discipline," she says quickly, looking up into my eyes, before changing the subject. "Where are you from?"

"Bermuda," I say.

"Oh wow. That's lovely."

"I don't like sand," I tell her. "It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

I just spit my iced latte out in the middle of a park laughing.

Well done.
fig96
AG
I believe somewhere in this thread we've covered how much Rosario Dawson wants to play Ahsoka.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Dude, are you okay?

I mean, the flare thing with the old T-Rex was cool, and I guess I liked Chris Pratt's character, but I can hardly remember anything else from that movie. The Indominus Rex was lame, and there wasn't a single sequence that was all that memorable or inventive in my mind. It was just really bland, and it worries me that Episode IX is going to be the same.

Am I missing something?

I would say that Trevorrow hopefully has a better team or executives surrounding him this time, but he had freaking Spielberg giving him notes on JW. I just don't think the guy is a good writer, isn't an exciting director, and his latest, The Book of Henry, looks pretty atrocious...

AliasMan02
AG
You just seem SUPER emotional and reactionary lately.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I think that's just the lack of tone coming through in the posts. I was actually having a ton of fun dissecting TFA the other day, and I've always been down on Trevorrow/JW since it came out. Nothing more beyond that. I did have my car stolen last week, which wasn't fun, but all is good otherwise and I don't feel like my posting has been any different. How have I been any more "emotional" than usual?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have to agree with AliasMan.
Sex Panther
AG
Quote:

I did have my car stolen last week, which wasn't fun, but all is good otherwise

For real? How'd that happen.
TCTTS
AG
I have a tandem parking space (or spaces, rather) below my apartment building, in an non-gated carport, and I let my neighbors who I've known forever use the front spot every once in a while. Well, they had my spare car key in their car, and their car was broken into the other night when I was parked behind them. The thieves literally only stole their office key, their office parking pass, my car key... and my car. When I reported it to the police I learned that this is apparently a common thing in LA. Thieves know that roommates, spouses, etc. keep each other's car keys in their cars in tandem parking spots (because it's easier to movie the other's car when parked behind them) and target them. So, yeah, it definitely sucked, and I've learned my lesson, but insurance covered almost everything. Just got a new car today, so there's at least a silver lining.

To make this Star Wars related, my rental for the past week was a Nissan Rogue... the official car of Rogue One!

Trident 88
AG
I just watched Rogue One, and I enjoyed it more than any of the Star Wars movies.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, man, I don't know what to tell you guys. Apologies, but I haven't even noticed. I really think it's just a lack of tangible tone in the posts - or maybe a misinterpreted tone, rather.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Ag Since 83
AG
Jurassic World sucks. The Honest Trailer for it is all 100% true and it's terrible.

The way they ran the park is like if the people who ran Chernobyl were given another nuclear facility and did everything the exact same way without ever asking what they might have done wrong last time.

Also, they started making fake dinosaurs. That's a dumb idea.
West Point Aggie
AG
Over three years later and this movie was still a rip off of itself!!
BMX Bandit
Champ Bailey said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Got a spare?" she asks.

I laugh.

"Teaching, I think."

"Bermuda," I say.

"Oh wow. That's lovely."

I just spit my iced latte out in the middle of a park laughing.

Well done.

Greatest alpha post followed by beta response ever.
First Page Last Page
Page 573 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.