Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,678 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
txagman1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really hope that one day we get a Spaceballs sequel. For continuity's sake such a movie is supposed to be called Spaceballs 2: The Search for More Money. But to be honest, I would also be happy with Spaceballs 2: The Schwartz Awakens.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Spaceballs 3: The Search For Spaceballs 2
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YouBet
AG
Will Hayden get booed?
Flashdiaz
AG
YouBet said:

Will Hayden get booed?

Nah. Wasn't entirely his fault. Natalie Portmans performance was terrible in these movies as well. Not much you can do with lines like "I don't like sand, it gets everywhere'
jabberwalkie09
AG
Flashdiaz said:

YouBet said:

Will Hayden get booed?

Nah. Wasn't entirely his fault. Natalie Portmans performance was terrible in these movies as well. Not much you can do with lines like "I don't like sand, it gets everywhere'
Or "Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo."
TheDoctor
AG
No need to boo Hayden, I think. Or any of the actors in the prequels. Just doing their jobs. The material was crap; shame they couldn't get appropriate direction.

I think it's good that he'll be at Celebration and looks like he's getting involved with the universe again. Better that than to have the prequels actors as some sort of pariahs who aren't included in these things.
Malachi Constant
AG
Anakin force ghost in TLJ.

Good Anakin appears to Luke on Ach-To

Vader appears to Kylo at the castle on Mustafar.
double aught
AG
That would be weird and complicated.
jabberwalkie09
AG
double aught said:

You're aware that force ghost Anakin and force ghost Vader were concepts for TFA right?
redline248
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

double aught said:

You're aware that force ghost Anakin and force ghost Vader were concepts for TFA right?

And they correctly decided against that, as there should be no Vader to come back as a ghost.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

double aught said:

And they correctly decided against that, as there should be no Vader to come back as a ghost.
Meh, I don't know. I could get along with the concept of Anakin being torn between the light and dark of the force. So I think it could work.
redline248
AG
I don't think that's how it works
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

I don't think that's how it works
If we go back to TCW Mortis arc, Anakin is more or less dark and light incarnate. If anything, Anakin is the exception to the rule.
AliasMan02
AG
There are no Dark Side Force Ghosts. That has been decreed strongly by the story group.
redline248
AG
Maybe Anakin at that time. Anakin at the end of Jedi had cast out all the dark. Otherwise he couldn't have appeared as a force ghost to Luke.

Now, the question about how literal should we take Kylo when he says "show me again..." is an interesting one. My personal opinion is that it's just him interpreting something as Vader bc that's what he wants. Or it's Snoke making him think it's Vader.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

There are no Dark Side Force Ghosts. That has been decreed strongly by the story group.
True, but we've seen something similar in the Yoda arc in TCW.
redline248
AG
Similar in the sense that it wasn't really there...I guess?
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

Similar in the sense that it wasn't really there...I guess?
In the sense that it's an embodiment of a Sith after death, difference being that in that arc it was because of the location/ruins. So to a certain degree if they use artifacts as an explanation for it, I'd be fine with it.
AliasMan02
AG
Official explaination is that is was a vision/test, I believe. Not an actual manifestation of Darth Bane.
The Collective
AG
So. Anakin is the Bendu?
The Collective
AG
Golf clap
YouBet
AG
So Rogue One sequel has been announced and Jen and Cassian are back and may not have actually died.
JCRiley09
AG
YouBet said:

So Rogue One sequel has been announced and Jen and Cassian are back and may not have actually died.

You wouldn't happen to be reading an article from April 1st, would you?
YouBet
AG
Jesus. Probably.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, anyone know why the Rogue One Blu-ray isn't available for pre-order on Amazon? Surely it didn't sell out? Been this way for weeks. I've never seen a title not available on Amazon this close to its release.
Ag Since 83
AG
I've been trying to buy it for a while as well. I assume they are just trying to promote being paying for it streaming. Dumb.

I finally gave in and ordered the BluRay from the Disney Movie Club (long story as to why I'm a member, at least my commitment is done). It comes with a lithograph I may use for autographs at Celebration if it arrives in time.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks, good to know. And yeah, that makes sense, re: the streaming version.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Btw, anyone know why the Rogue One Blu-ray isn't available for pre-order on Amazon? Surely it didn't sell out? Been this way for weeks. I've never seen a title not available on Amazon this close to its release.

Amazon and Disney are currently in a dispute of some sort.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just ordered on Best Buy.
Aggie87
AG
Are there multiple versions of the Blu Ray disc at different outlets, or is there only one choice this time around?
The Collective
AG
The only content difference that I've heard is that Target had an edition with more bonus content (not sure what though?). Main difference is appearance between WM, BB, & Target.
Urban Ag
AG
YouBet said:

Kind of. It's actually a Vivid Entertainment release, 20 minutes long, and they have extremely intense sex on the beautiful Scarif beach under a "force cloud" that Yoda creates via his Force ghost so he can watch, cause, he's an old perv stuck on Dagobah.

Or so I heard.
wangus12
AG
All I know is Target did a crap job with their cardboard packaging for TFA.
The Collective
AG
wangus12 said:

All I know is Target did a crap job with their cardboard packaging for TFA.

I have so little care for the aesthetic - ours go into a storage ottoman and hideaway.
First Page Last Page
Page 567 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.