Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,311 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cappo
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Ummmmm. GOT Is not potential incest. It IS incest.
Lots of it
The Collective
AG
Celebration events of relevance (central time)
Edit to add more items of note...

Thursday April 13
10am - 11:30am
Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration

A very special tribute to the 40th anniversary of Star Wars will kick start Celebration Orlando in grand fashion. The panel, hosted by Warwick Davis, will feature Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and discussions with some of the saga's brightest stars, highlighting the impact of the galaxy far, far away and the fandom that has propelled it for the last four decades. As is tradition, this marquee Celebration event will undoubtedly include many not-to-be-missed surprises.

12:30pm - 1:30pm
Dave Filoni: Animated Origins and Unexpected Fates

Dave Filoni, Executive Producer and Supervising Director of Star Wars Rebels and Supervising Director of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, is joined on stage by creative executive Pablo Hidalgo. They'll discuss some of the most cherished characters to come out of Lucasfilm Animation, reveal some untold origins of heroes and rogues, and with rare clips and artwork, they will track the surprising fates of this generation of Star Wars characters.

1pm - 2pm
Smooth Talkin' With Billy Dee Williams

Hello. What have we here? The master of smooth on stage with Warwick Davis for a one-on-one about his extensive career in entertainment and art.

2:30pm - 3:30pm
The Music of Rogue One: Analysis with David Collins

Come celebrate the music of Star Wars as host David Collins explores the connections between Michael Giacchino's score for Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and the legendary work of John Williams in the saga films. The music will be analyzed in connection to story and character, breaking down both new and classic themes.

3pm - 4pm
Always Two There Are: Ian McDiarmid & Ray Park

The Master and the Apprentice, reunited on stage for a Sith-inspired talk with host Warwick Davis. At last they will reveal themselves to the Celebration audience...

Friday April 14
Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy and Star Wars: The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson will appear on stage. There will be plenty of surprises and special guests on the panel to keep the excitement brewing and speculation spinning throughout the rest of the weekend.

Small Talk with Warwick Davis

Few actors in the Star Wars family have such a varied career on the big and small screens as Warwick Davis. Debuting in Return of the Jedi as Wicket the Ewok, Davis has played a number of roles in the Star Wars movies since, including an upcoming part in Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Come and maybe have a chance to interview Warwick too, as fans will be chosen from the audience to put our Celebration Celebrity Host on the spot.

Saturday April 15
Star Wars Rebels Season Four Sneak Peek

Executive Producer Dave Filoni and special guests will bring an epic sneak peek at what's to come in Star Wars Rebels fourth season. From the exclusive reveals, to the always lively audience Q&A, Celebration fans know this panel is not one to miss!

Anthony Daniels: 40 Years with Threepio

The legacy of C-3PO throughout the Star Wars saga, brought to life by actor Anthony Daniels. Expect the unexpected as Daniels and host Warwick Davis have a marvelous time, sometimes at the expense of unsuspecting audience members.

Sunday April 16
10am - 11am
These Are the Droids You're Looking For

Warwick Davis and some very famous droids take to the Celebration Stage to reveal what goes into creating the nuts and boltsand the heart and soulof some of the Star Wars saga's best-loved characters. Expect a Droid Spectacular!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Getting close!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, whatever tribute they do for Carrie Fisher, it will probably wreck me.
The Collective
AG
There will be more interesting segments. They have a ton of time slots that still show coming soon. There will be nerdy material to get me by for a couple of weeks.

Sadly, I'm on a family camping trip Thursday - Saturday the week of Celebration... doubt I will have signal. It's going to be painful knowing there is a trailer out there.
TCTTS
AG
Rumor has it that some TLJ footage is premiering at CinemaCon in Vegas tonight. Disney panel is about to kick off. If so, there's almost no chance it will release online, but descriptions will most definitely hit (again, if this turns out to be true). Will post here with spoiler tags...
amercer
wangus12
AG
I'd say go ahead and create a separate thread for The Last Jedi. Its only 9 months away
The Collective
AG
Seems they showed very little but there were a few shots.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think there's much news to keep it afloat at this point. How about in two weeks when the trailer debuts? Seems like the perfect occasion to spin off a solo thread.
TCTTS
AG
And yes, in typing that, it just blew my mind that we're a little over two weeks away. 17 days to be exact. Sneaking up on us fast!
jbanda
AG
Ok a sincere SIAP. I did a forum search and did not find anything, but General Dodonna in Rogue One was played by....BARRISTAN FREAKING SELMY!

wangus12
AG
Damn how'd I not catch that
brents1975
Is there a TexAgs Celebration meetup planned?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I did notice that. Also:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Re: A TLJ thread

I'm no authority here but in my opinion, it would be a good time to start one once the first trailer drops. After that, there may be people who wish to know nothing and may avoid tv spots, merchandising leaks, etc, and we can have this thread in parallel to that one for general speculation and discussion.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That won't be long. First trailer should hit in less than a month, with Celebration looming. Wasn't that when we were to expect one?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

That won't be long. First trailer should hit in less than a month, with Celebration looming. Wasn't that when we were to expect one?
I think it's a safe bet that we're going to get it at Celebration. Apparently some footage was shown at Cinemacon.
TCTTS
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

Check six posts above yours.
The Collective
AG
Quote:

StarWars.com announced today that at Celebration Orlando, he will be present for all four days of the show, signing autographs and part of some very special programming. On Friday, April 14, fans can attend "Mark Hamill's Tribute to Carrie Fisher," in which the actor remembers the talent, humor, and legacy of his friend and co-star. Sunday, April 16, will see Hamill take the stage solo (no pun intended) for the appropriately titled "Hamill Himself," featuring an hour of anecdotes and audience Q&A.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who doesn't love Mark Hamill?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I did notice that. Also:

General Veers

Preparing his men, like a boss, since 1980
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

note 'film' ... single film and not a trilogy.
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guys I called this months ago.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Guys I called this months ago.

Are you TCTTS?
The Collective
AG
Speaking of Kenobi...
dave94
JuliusCaesarAggie
An Ag in CO
AG
Here's the VHS trailer for Rogue One:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
CJS4715 said:

Speaking of Kenobi...

That is one handsome dude.
512Ag
AG
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, as I have been mostly absent from this thread and never really checked in on the Rogue One thread, but when the Empire closed the planetary blast shield during the Rebel assault on Scarif in Rogue One, why didn't someone just punch in 1-2-3-4-5 to open it back up? I mean, it's the kind of combination an idiot would have on his luggage!

First Page Last Page
Page 566 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.