Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,067,025 Views | 29597 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It messes up with italics I think. I've had paragraphs spoiler tagged and not had an issue though.
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sometimes it breaks in longer segments for whatever reason or if you put other forum code in, like bold or italics
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only code I used was the "sp" tags; I even deleted the quoted text above it... not sure what happened... oh well, the thought is lost... not worth trying to rehash where it was, so I'll let it go
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Colon breaks the sp tags.

Also, that trailer got me hyped for a 37 year old movie.
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If there were only one thread to practice sp tags, it's this one
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Ummm... yea!

Working from home this afternoon and I am now totally putting on Empire...
Solo Tetherball Champ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Uh, modern trailer in the sense that it gives away most of the movie?

fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does it though?

Suspend what you know of the film, and there's not really anything in there that you wouldn't have guessed was coming (Luke fights Vader, space battle occurs, etc.) or that actually shows anything other than a quick shot with no context.
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Colon breaks the sp tags.

Also, that trailer got me hyped for a 37 year old movie.
Sounds like the spoiler tags need a squatty potty to relax:



(good info actually, but I don't think I used the ":" symbol)
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
fig96 said:

CJS4715 said:

Ummm... yea!

Working from home this afternoon and I am now totally putting on Empire...
Holy ***** That was awesome re-imagining of the trailer...

If that come out in 1980 to hype the release, oh my...


Also, this is the original ESB trailer:


I giggled at the part about the "epic of romance" with the shot of Luke going in slowly to kiss his sister.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

fig96 said:

CJS4715 said:

Ummm... yea!

Working from home this afternoon and I am now totally putting on Empire...
Holy ***** That was awesome re-imagining of the trailer...

If that come out in 1980 to hype the release, oh my...


Also, this is the original ESB trailer:


I giggled at the part about the "epic of romance" with the shot of Luke going in slowly to kiss his sister.
lol. I see they included the deleted scene of 3PO ripping the 'warning wampa' sign off the door on Hoth.... so the Rogue One trailer having scenes not in the movie isn't a new thing
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A modern trailer would have "I am your father" during a blank screen/music stop just before the title screen/final orchestra hit
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If it were like Rogue One, there would have been a shot of Han running under AT-ATs.
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

If it were like Rogue One, there would have been a shot of Han running under AT-ATs.
with a lightsaber
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Once again, hope are dashed, re: the original cuts of the OT being available again anytime soon...

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/022417-0100#.WK_gSm5QL20.facebook
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


So they cut up the original negatives to make the SE's? Did I read that right?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will continue listening to my blu ray player rev up like a jet engine as I start my Harmy's edition, so that my kid can enjoy the real Star Wars.
Belton Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Once again, hope are dashed, re: the original cuts of the OT being available again anytime soon...

http://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/022417-0100#.WK_gSm5QL20.facebook
So I have the original trilogy in a set on VHS at my house. I got it as a gift in about 1990 or so and all three cassettes are in really good condition.

So what are my options as far as transferring these to discs so I can enjoy Yub Nub and Han shooting first?

Maybe a better question for the nerdery?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Also, new 4K restoration work has been done on Disney's Song of the South to fix certain shots previously out of alignment (because of a faulty camera used during the original photography), though no public release is currently planned.


Imagine if Disney re-released this today...
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sad to hear. I gave away my 1990s THX box set because we no longer had a VHS player.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/state-galaxy-star-wars-last-jedi-begins/
Cstrickland05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will hold on to my DVD set that has the original cuts forever.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

I will hold on to my DVD set that has the original cuts forever.
I didn't think this existed...meaning, I thought only thing on DVD was special editions?
double aught
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It exists. It's funny how many people don't know this. Apparently it's not a very good transfer though. Not even anamorphic widescreen.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

I will hold on to my DVD set that has the original cuts forever.
I didn't think this existed...meaning, I thought only thing on DVD was special editions?
Yeah they exist.....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Original_unaltered_trilogy

But beware...they are not remastered and are in fact copied from the non-anamorphic laserdisc version - thus a lower quality than many of the re-released, remastered and special editions, etc.


Be careful too if buying it....only used versions exist now (I think Lucas tried to nuke them from existence) and the labelling for them on various used websites is sometimes inaccurate and you won't get the right version.

I happen to own them as well...and will never relinquish them.

It's the only version I let my kids watch - they don't even know there are "special editions".



Cstrickland05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

I will hold on to my DVD set that has the original cuts forever.
I didn't think this existed...meaning, I thought only thing on DVD was special editions?
Yeah they exist.....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Original_unaltered_trilogy

But beware...they are not remastered and are in fact copied from the non-anamorphic laserdisc version - thus a lower quality than many of the re-released, remastered and special editions, etc.


Be careful too if buying it....only used versions exist now (I think Lucas tried to nuke them from existence) and the labelling for them on various used websites is sometimes inaccurate and you won't get the right version.

I happen to own them as well...and will never relinquish them.

It's the only version I let my kids watch - they don't even know there are "special editions".






This. The set came with the special editions too, but I don't think I have ever taken them out of the box. They may not be Blue Ray/HD or whatever, but there is nothing wrong with the picture.
Episode IV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

redline248 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

I will hold on to my DVD set that has the original cuts forever.
I didn't think this existed...meaning, I thought only thing on DVD was special editions?
Yeah they exist.....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Original_unaltered_trilogy

But beware...they are not remastered and are in fact copied from the non-anamorphic laserdisc version - thus a lower quality than many of the re-released, remastered and special editions, etc.


Be careful too if buying it....only used versions exist now (I think Lucas tried to nuke them from existence) and the labelling for them on various used websites is sometimes inaccurate and you won't get the right version.

I happen to own them as well...and will never relinquish them.

It's the only version I let my kids watch - they don't even know there are "special editions".






This. The set came with the special editions too, but I don't think I have ever taken them out of the box. They may not be Blue Ray/HD or whatever, but there is nothing wrong with the picture.
Anyone know where I can get Harmy's Despecialized V2.7 for BluRay set?

AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd also be interested if anyone knows how to get them on actual discs to be used in a player. No way it's as easy as using the burn software on a PC with a Blu ray writer, right?
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pretty sure there are instructions on how to accomplish it. There is a program that you need (free). You'll also want the MKV version of the file, I believe.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow. This is a BOLD statement from Abrams. Could you imagine Hamill winning Best Supporting Actor next year for playing Luke freakin' Skywalker. Would be amazing...

http://heroichollywood.com/star-wars-last-jedi-abrams-hamill-oscar/
israeliag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey, if LOTR RotK can get a best picture as a token to the entire trilogy, then at least give Hamill one as a nod to the entire saga. Although what a transformation in acting if actually worth even just a consideration (or whatever one level below a nomination is).
MiniShrike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder why there hasn't been any word on a 4K Rogue One release. I'm admittedly a cynic, but is this Disney looking to pry every last dollar out of us with a 4K release for the holidays?
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
israeliag said:

Hey, if LOTR RotK can get a best picture as a token to the entire trilogy, then at least give Hamill one as a nod to the entire saga. Although what a transformation in acting if actually worth even just a consideration (or whatever one level below a nomination is).


John Wayne won an Oscar and Mark is better than him. The Force is with him.
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Whether Abrams did it intentionally or not, I think that is a pretty high bar to set before we've even seen a trailer for the film. I mean, it's one of my most anticipated movies for 2017 but I also don't want to be let down from built up anticipation. Not sure if that makes sense.
CJS4715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I feel like Abrams is just rubbing our face in the fact that this movie is pretty much done, and it's not even ****ing March yet.
Page 558 of 846
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.