Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,884 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
YellowPot_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legal Custodian said:

So I figured out what was missing from the beginning of Episode 7. It was the Music/Trumpet noise during the LucasArts Logo. It was loud and really led into the silence of 'A long time ago...'. I hated jumping straight into silence, I really think it took away from the suspense. I hope they change that moving forward.
that won't be coming back. that music was the Fox studios fanfare, Fox doesn't own the franchise any longer.
Legal Custodian
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Legal Custodian said:

So I figured out what was missing from the beginning of Episode 7. It was the Music/Trumpet noise during the LucasArts Logo. It was loud and really led into the silence of 'A long time ago...'. I hated jumping straight into silence, I really think it took away from the suspense. I hope they change that moving forward.
that won't be coming back. that music was the Fox studios fanfare, Fox doesn't own the franchise any longer.
Not the Fox music. Literally just the music playing when the LucasArts logo is up. It's just some trumpets sounding.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Proud father moment. lil 'ATM (2 1/2 yrs old) got himself dressed today and found the Wii Gun, and came running wanting to watch "rocket ship!" All while doing a spot on storm trooper impersonation of "pew pew boom boom", miss target, fall over clumsily..

Zemira
AG
Less than 2 hours!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Rogue One was spectacular. Loved it!

What's that clown talking about in his twitter crapfest about representation? Is that some freaking racial thing? Good Lord, someone tell that guy to get laid.
Flashdiaz
AG
Twitter gives everyone a voice. Just because someone has a voice doesn't mean they need to be heard.
VanZandt92
Taking the 8 year old to see it tonight. She is a super normal kid in every other respect, but she loves her some Star Wars.

We've avoided all spoilers. Bam.
jabberwalkie09
AG

TCTTS
AG
Yeah, **** that guy who loved the movie, especially because he found a character he could truly identify with in a positive way. What a *****!
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, **** that guy who loved the movie, especially because he found a character he could truly identify with in a positive way. What a *****!

I don't think he's talking about the guy who found a character to connect with, but more so the idiots who wont see the movie because not enough white guys.
Zemira
AG
Fantastic! I need leave my mom at home next time.
TCTTS
AG
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, then for real **** those guys.
Duncan Idaho
I might be confusing him with another poster but I think your interpretation of his post is wrong
Hagen95
AG
Loved it! All the kids loved it too! Had to explain the time frame of this movie since they were a bit confused. Gives us an excuse to watch more Star Wars over the holidays.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

If that doesn't happen I am willing to settle for a Tarkin or thrawn movie...as the good guys.
Actually, this is something that would be interesting to do next. A movie from the point of view of a character that is from the Empire.

Since Texags has abandoned its Kenobi brainstorm, the next thing I was tinkering with was an Imperial story. Need to work on it some more.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WAOWEwxTZn_P9zfL7deA6w_6n7CrFThsOXS_eDJQzVw/edit?usp=drive_web
AgMarauder04 said:

TCTTS said:

I don't think he's talking about the guy who found a character to connect with, but more so the idiots who wont see the movie because not enough white guys.

Both worried about skin color
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

He loved the movie only because he could connect with a character because of race? Stupid. It's a freaking STAR WARS movie.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

He loved the movie only because he could connect with a character because of race? Stupid. It's a freaking STAR WARS movie.

He loves Star Wars. But he was especially moved by this one, in particular, because there was ALSO a character he could identify with. It honestly blows my mind that you choose to find mockery instead of empathy in that.
Farmer1906
AG
We can only identify with someone the looks and sounds like us? That ridiculous.
AliasMan02
AG
aggie1906 said:

We can only identify with someone the looks and sounds like us? That ridiculous.

The character spoke to him. Why do you care why? It's really not anything to be contentious about.

In pure marketing terms for Lucasfilm, it's obviously a good thing. Star Wars fandom has long been dominated by the suburban white dude. More inclusion in the cast that grows the fanbase is OBJECTIVELY a good thing for the franchise.
The Collective
AG
Why are people so upset over a personal, emotional reaction?
Zemira
AG
I spent too much time trying to explain this to my mother.

And then she's like I didn't understand the movie. I give up! No more Star Wars for her.
Farmer1906
AG
CJS4715 said:

Why are people so upset over a personal, emotional reaction?
I don't think anyone is upset.
The Collective
AG
Annoyed might have been a better word of choice, I suppose.
Farmer1906
AG
CJS4715 said:

Annoyed might have been a better word of choice, I suppose.
Overly sensitive to race people have created a bunch of people easily annoyed when race gets brought up for just about everything.
redline248
AG
Rogue One was sooooo dope!
TCTTS
AG
V > IV > ROGUE ONE > VI > THE FORCE AWAKENS > SPACEBALLS > PREQUELS
SF2004
AG
Question for this thread. As predicted people are starting to dump on this movie. It is already cool to bag on TFA and don't get me started on the prequels.

Objectively if Star Wars (1977) dropped today would it do as well at the box office and would it still become what it is today?

I say absolutely not, it would be dumped on. It would be here today and gone tomorrow sci fi flick.

As much as I love star wars, I still don't think people realize that the IV and V were full of the same things that people complain about with the new movies. It is a big part of the reason why I like it so much.

I am not sure why some "fans" even bother... other than to have something to complain about.
TCTTS
AG
Movies are tied so much to the times in which they are released. Star Wars is a damn good movie, but a huge part of its popularity is because it was essentially the first of its kind. Or at least the first of its kind that was also good.

As for TFA, I was sh*tting on it long before it was cool to do so
Farmer1906
AG
SF2004 said:

Question for this thread. As predicted people are starting to dump on this movie. It is already cool to bag on TFA and don't get me started on the prequels.

Objectively if Star Wars (1977) dropped today would it do as well at the box office and would it still become what it is today?

I say absolutely not, it would be dumped on. It would be here today and gone tomorrow sci fi flick.

As much as I love star wars, I still don't think people realize that the IV and V were full of the same things that people complain about with the new movies. It is a big part of the reason why I like it so much.

I am not sure why some "fans" even bother... other than to have something to complain about.
I think you are 100% right.
SF2004
AG
TCTTS said:

Movies are tied so much to the times in which they are released. Star Wars is a damn good movie, but a huge part of its popularity is because it was essentially the first of its kind. Or at least the first of its kind that was also good.

As for TFA, I was sh*tting on it long before it was cool to do so
I am not sure if you are a super fan or if you follow star wars because it is big in your industry. Also not sure how you can bag on TFA but like ANH, both follow the same model (loved both of them, but of course ANH is "better" because it was first).

I give you a pass though, because you have saved me countless dollars at the box office.

I was pumped for passengers only because of your posts (would not have even hit my radar otherwise) but it luckily it looks like you saved me a trip to the theater.
hunter2012
AG
I have to call you out here, you really need to at least watch the core episodes of the Clone Wars. With all the time you spend on the E board you could spread them out and still see all the critical episodes in a span of a few weeks max. Of the many that hate the prequels but have seen the clone wars, they all say the Clone Wars was a far superior story that really fleshes out the prequel universe. I prefer the show Anakin to the movies and I'm not alone there. But between episodes 2 and 3 there are a lot of dots that they never connected if you just watch the movies. You seem to be a fan of the franchise based on your posts in all the Star Wars thread so just jump into the big kid pool already!

Rebels is even better, but it doesn't have a strong connection to the movies YET.
SF2004
AG
hunter2012 said:

I have to call you out here, you really need to at least watch the core episodes of the Clone Wars. With all the time you spend on the E board you could spread them out and still see all the critical episodes in a span of a few weeks max. Of the many that hate the prequels but have seen the clone wars, they all say the Clone Wars was a far superior story that really fleshes out the prequel universe. I prefer the show Anakin to the movies and I'm not alone there. But between episodes 2 and 3 there are a lot of dots that they never connected if you just watch the movies. You seem to be a fan of the franchise based on your posts in all the Star Wars thread so just jump into the big kid pool already!

Rebels is even better, but it doesn't have a strong connection to the movies YET.
Core episodes?
TCTTS
AG
Saying TFA and A New Hope "follow the same model" is a vast overgeneralization.
Ag Since 83
AG
He's probably referring to the list of episodes someone put together online that are "essential" and leave out all the filler
First Page Last Page
Page 524 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.