Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,324 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by TCTTS
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

Damn it, this movie looks PERFECT.
It looks amazing doesn't it?

Who would have thought that one year after Force Awakens and all the hype surrounding it, that potentially, the best Star Wars film in the franchise was about to hit theaters. It really looks that good. The battle scenes look amazing. It appears to be focusing on everything about the Star Wars universe that really drew me in as a kid. I fully expect that they added a little bit of rah rah to it to tone down the dark undertone but it still looks incredible..
Gigem314
AG
CJS4715 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

"Missed it by that much, Administrator." -Vader

"Where is Padme?"
"I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth...."

3rdGen2015
AG
New TV spot with (what I think is new) footage of TIE fighters coming out of the Death Star

wangus12
AG
So I'm extremely curious on how big the planet is that they are preparing to destroy. There are two shots that make the Death Star look tiny in comparison. Also, the superlaser must not be fully powered yet, because in VI, it simply zaps and explodes Alderaan whereas here it appears to take some to time to deal destruction to the planet.
wangus12
AG
Looks like the are coming out of some sort of space station that gets attacked by the x-wings. Not the Death Star.
3rdGen2015
AG
Oh yeah I guess it might not be the Death Star, I only saw it the one time and assumed it was. Still a cool shot though.
Engine10
AG
TCTTS said:

Completely Agree. Can a man get a pre-order yet?! Can't wait.
Amazing Moves
I just wanna see Jerry Jones roll out in a tie fighter and get blown up.
wangus12
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
twilly said:

Actually, here is the Korean trailer, and it has a few new scenes from the international trailer released yesterday.

Corea??? LOL
Looks like some upgraded Trade Federation battleship those X-Wings are attacking.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Urban Ag said:

TCTTS said:

It looks amazing doesn't it?

Who would have thought that one year after Force Awakens and all the hype surrounding it, that potentially, the best Star Wars film in the franchise was about to hit theaters. It really looks that good. The battle scenes look amazing. It appears to be focusing on everything about the Star Wars universe that really drew me in as a kid. I fully expect that they added a little bit of rah rah to it to tone down the dark undertone but it still looks incredible..
Yes, this movie does look to be a truly superb Star Wars movie. I am not ready to elevate it to Empire levels just yet though.
MGS
Somebody tell that AT-AT driver he left the door open.
Urban Ag
AG
I can assure you that my premature excitement only happens when a new Star Wars movie is on the way. Never in regards to anything else. Never. I mean literally, I can hold on forever. Really. Seriously.
Urban Ag
AG
MGS said:

Somebody tell that AT-AT driver he left the door open.
I noticed that and I am thinking that what we don't see (and i don't want to in a trailer) is about 100 Stormtroopers repelling out the sides just moments before. Can't wait.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12 said:

Fully erect.
The Collective
AG
This movie looks like what I imagined when I played with toys. No other way to express it. This one could hurt more than TPM if it sucks, because my expectation level is ramping up.
Farmer1906
AG
I just can't get as excited as y'all. I'm keeping my expectations much lower. I mean they did reshoot most of the movie in a week after his terrible it was riiiight?
Engine10
AG
Holdup. Snowdpeeder blasters can't scratch AT-AT armor, but a shoulder fired rocket can render damage?
ja86
AG
Engine10 said:

Holdup. Snowdpeeder blasters can't scratch AT-AT armor, but a shoulder fired rocket can render damage?
maybe because of their poor early performance they were refit before Hoth.
Hulla Baller
AG
Snowspeeders were crap at Hoth too. Their blasters were awful so the only weapon they had against the AT-AT's were the tow cables. I don't think they were high on the rebels priority list.
Farmer1906
AG
A light saber worked just fine.
Duncan Idaho
I wasn't under the impression that the snow speeders were anti-tank equipment. I though the were light infantry fighting vehicles
amercer
AG
wangus12 said:

I kind of liked that town
MandoArms
Engine10 said:

Apparently these are the early version of the AT-AT.

https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/04/19/the-rogue-one-atat-is-actually-new/
Engine10
AG
BrownCoat said:

Engine10 said:

Apparently these are the early version of the AT-AT.

https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/04/19/the-rogue-one-atat-is-actually-new/

That makes sense. Damn I can't wait for this
redline248
AG
So I guess these are the same walkers that were in rebels when they recruited Rex?
The Collective
AG
There is some speculation online that they are waiting until Thanksgiving to start selling tickets.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's only been two years, but already I feel like Star Wars and the Christmas season go hand in hand. Feels so right.
TCTTS
AG
It's as if someone on this thread... I don't know... predicted that sentiment years ago, to much ridicule.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone seen the Prowse doc on Netflix, "I am Your Father"? Only halfway done, but this is really well done. Will post some thoughts afterwards.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was a great watch. Even though it didn't really change my mind on the Lucasfilm/Prowse situation, couple points I want to mention.

- Even though the character of Darth Vader, in my opinion, never belonged solely to Prowse, I can absolutely understand his frustration at never being told about the "I am your father" twist, and at not being used for the unmasking scene in Jedi. (Though I still think he was never owed that in the first place.)

- That infamous printed interview where Prowse mentions Vader being Luke's father was actually from 1977, when nobody even knew about that, perhaps not even Lucas. Prowse has no memory of saying it, and now claims it was a wild guess that ended up being true. Pretty crazy.

- It's clear from how he talked/looked in his interviews how much Gary Kurtz has a deep-seeded dislike for Prowse. He looks really uncomfortable when the interviewer mentions what a crazy coincidence that "guess" of Prowse's was.

- Really interesting that Prowse was never the one that leaked plot info about the end of Jedi to the Daily Mail, which the journalist confirmed himself. But Lucas and Lucasfilm probably continue to hold him responsible for that leak, which actually came through a crew member.

- It actually makes me pretty sad to see how bitter Prowse still is about the whole situation, even in his old age. It must really hurt to never be invited to Star Wars Celebrations, especially given how much he loves to interact with the fans. I hope somebody from Lucas would reach out to him before it's too late.

- Seeing Prowse sitting in the theater with a bunch of fans, watching the re-filmed Vader death scene with himself in the role, was pretty neat. Can't imagine the 35+ years worth of relief/catharsis he must have felt, even though it was not official in any way.

Great documentary, highly recommend this one. I got bored watching Elstree 1976, but this one held my attention the whole way through.
MandoArms
Check out the new IMAX poster!! My favorite yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/dorksideoftheforce.com/2016/11/14/heres-imax-poster-rogue-one-star-wars-story/amp/?client=safari
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Yep, that is FANTASTIC.
Sex Panther
AG
Looks like Inglorious Rebels
First Page Last Page
Page 498 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.