Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,651 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
lunchbox
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Duncan Idaho said:

lunchbox said:

Statue of Obi-Wan at :40?

I thought the planet was supposed to be a force/Jedi holy land. So I would guess that it is a statue left over from the old republic
Or a statue to remember a great Jedi leader...if it is, I think it is an easter egg...
Jim01
AG
Great trailer. Can't wait for this one.

I could have done without the father backstory and reveal that he designed the death star. No need to show something like that in the trailer. But I always think trailers show to much.

My biggest question is still Whitaker. He just seems corny to me in all this "Save the rebellion. Save the dream."
jabberwalkie09
AG
jeffk said:

How many non-SW folks are going to think this is about Rey's childhood for the first 20 minutes of the movie?
Probably a good few.

I think the better question is, how many casual fans of the franchise are going to think the same?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Solid trailer, but the last one was a little more momentous.

The action and sets look great.

With this and all the anthology stuff coming out, how will people be ranking Star Wars films from now on? Episodes separately from the expansions, or altogether?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Jim01 said:

Great trailer. Can't wait for this one.

I could have done without the father backstory and reveal that he designed the death star. No need to show something like that in the trailer. But I always think trailers show to much.

My biggest question is still Whitaker. He just seems corny to me in all this "Save the rebellion. Save the dream."
I'm not so sure that Galen is the one that designed it. Rather I think it's that he is key to making the thing work.

Yeah, that may be my one complaint about the trailer: Forest Whitaker. His line in the trailer seemed really corny.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I hate trailers normally for this reason as well, but this one didn't reveal much outside of that dad fact.

Hope that the corniness isn't persistent and that the film is indeed "too" dark, in most people's opinions.
The Collective
AG
FTR, I think the backstory is coming in the form of flashbacks, so the movie may not start a her childhood. We'll see if that holds true

I'm not sure what to make of Saw Gerrera (Whitaker), but he is a character who has been a rebel / quasi-terrorist for most of his life, so I could see him being the more sentimental one within the group. Things definitely don't feel as dark here, but I'm still hopeful it will be gritty. So glad that they had zero Vader narrative.
The Collective
AG
I don't know if a previous trailer had it, but that AT-ST shot in the city street... awesome.
AliasMan02
AG
The visuals are so great. The old Jedi statue, the Death Star over the clouds, Vader. I'm really looking forward to it. We've known the basic story for a while and it's great to get some more flavor ahead of the release.
AliasMan02
AG
I doubt Saw is a huge part of the film, honestly. I think he'll be there to help give them a push at a key time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CJS4715 said:

FTR, I think the backstory is coming in the form of flashbacks, so the movie may not start a her childhood. We'll see if that holds true

I'm not sure what to make of Saw Gerrera (Whitaker), but he is a character who has been a rebel / quasi-terrorist for most of his life, so I could see him being the more sentimental one within the group. Things definitely don't feel as dark here, but I'm still hopeful it will be gritty. So glad that they had zero Vader narrative.

well yeah you can see her head snap like she is waking from a dream - seems pretty clear the child stuff is a flashback.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Well, this just came out of nowhere...

Not only did we just get the brand new, final poster, but the FINAL TRAILER is dropping TOMORROW...

I guess there are still no aliens.... no other species really cares about subverting the empire or freedom.
The Collective
AG
Quote:

I guess there are still no aliens.... no other species really cares about subverting the empire or freedom.

Are you just lamenting over the fact that they aren't featured on the poster?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

he designed the death star
He didn't. The Geonosians (bug-like critters in Episode II) did. Some 20 something years before this movie was set.
OnlyForNow
AG
No, I think he is saying that humans are the only race that wants "galaxy domination." Aliens are mostly benevolent in the SW universe and don't really care too much one way or the other, they are pulled into conflicts but aren't the driving force behind them.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Sometimes I wish aliens, for lack of a better term, were more like the various species in Mass Effect, where there are a few species outside of humans that are also strong.

Sometimes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
CJS4715 said:

Quote:

Are you just lamenting over the fact that they aren't featured on the poster?
I guess the Bothans, Wookies, Mon Calamari, and Sullustans don't count in Spreedsheet's opinion unless that is the case.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I like that we haven't seen much of Vader. Even if he is only in it for the last act, it'll be that much more impactful when he finally shows up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maybe her father was in charge of locating the Kyber crystals?
redline248
AG
So, does anyone think we will see Saw Gerrera (who apparently went to the same person for legs as Maul) in Rebels? Or will Rebels ever show how they get a squadron of X-Wings?
jabberwalkie09
AG
OnlyForNow said:

No, I think he is saying that humans are the only race that wants "galaxy domination." Aliens are mostly benevolent in the SW universe and don't really care too much one way or the other, they are pulled into conflicts but aren't the driving force behind them.
The use of subverting in the context posted, suggests otherwise IMO. It suggests that it's most just humans fighting the Empire, with no alien help.

Besides, I'm not sure that the Techno Union along with the other Separatists like Geonosians are necessarily known for their benevolence.............
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

So, does anyone think we will see Saw Gerrera (who apparently went to the same person for legs as Maul) in Rebels? Or will Rebels ever show how they get a squadron of X-Wings?
I think Saw or Cassian are the two most likely to show up in Rebels. Saw has already been name dropped last season.

I don't particularly care if they show how they get the X-Wings. They've already shown the origins of the B-Wing on the show, and how the Y-Wings were acquired.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

I'd say that Saw is a lock for Rebels this season.

So far the Phoenix cell has been separate from the Yavin cell, who is the one we see in Rogue One, so maybe not.

I just realized that we'll likely see a few pilots that we already know in Rogue One, just in passing. Likely Garven Dries (Red Leader in ANH), maybe guys like Porkins and Biggs and Wedge and and Dutch Vander. Kinda doubt Biggs and Wedge actually, but possible.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not really a spoiler alert, but we've already seen Wedge this season. This most recent episode I think. Hobbie was also in it, and in fact per Pablo Biggs almost made it into the episode instead of Wedge (mentioned in the Rebels Recon for the episode).
redline248
AG
Odds this pilot is the Gold Leader (maybe Red Leader) from Episode IV?

twilly
AG
If anything, the helmet design is close to the one Porkins wore in Ep IV.

Oh my how he has let himself go.

AliasMan02
AG
Yep. I meant in RO, though. My post was confusing.
redline248
AG
awesome
redline248
AG
LOL, I just realized the humor in naming the Fat guy Porkins
jabberwalkie09
AG

This needs a caption.

"You've failed me for the last time, Administrator."
Ag Since 83
AG
redline248 said:

LOL, I just realized the humor in naming the Fat guy Porkins

Welcome to 1977
wangus12
AG
Wow. Will post later. Have patient
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
That clip does have quite a menacing feel to it. I expect that the guy in white is in for a really bad moment or two here.
Mr. White
Regarding aesthetics, we'll be seeing an unprecedented Star Wars movie. I'm giddy.
Hagen95
AG
I liked this trailer, but I'm a bit of a fanboy.
First Page Last Page
Page 486 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.