Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,470 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 35 min ago by TCTTS
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

Yep. Never heard them play it prior to this year. A nice subtle change from the typical songs, but yet it's still something that fits the sound of our military-style band really well. Definitely better than any version I've heard from a college band over the years.
redline248
AG
They played it last year...not sure about the year before.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They definitely didn't play it while I was a student. Sounds great.
redline248
AG
Last year, at the one game I went to, they did the starting lineups on the video board to Star Wars music, too. Offense was main theme, Defense was Imperial March. I didn't notice it during the UCLA game, this year.
redline248
AG
quote:
They played it last year...not sure about the year before.
Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe they didn't play it last year...I might be thinking of hearing it at UCLA.
JAggie2007
AG
New fan theory.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
New fan theory.

Man I ain't got no time to watch a video. Tldw for me
redline248
AG
1 minute in (I'll watch the rest)

"Rey might not know who her parents are..."

I thought that was obvious

edit: Ok, 2 mins in...I fell for that trap. Should have known, since it was Cracked.
twilly
AG
The Aggie Band played the Imperial March back when I was in school in the late 80's-early 90's.
redline248
AG
I also just remembered I've seen that video before, which is weird that they "published" it yesterday.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I think my brother played it - he was a fish Trombone in '94 - and we didn't play when I was in '99-'02 and I haven't heard it again by the FTAB until this video.
The Collective
AG
Fan theory videos give me tired head.
The Collective
AG
This week I have picked a scene from ROTJ. I can remember always having a feeling of dread when watching this as a kid... Luke willingly giving himself up to Vader?!

Anyway, I have a soft spot for this film specifically and probably overrate it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
I think my brother played it - he was a fish Trombone in '94 - and we didn't play when I was in '99-'02 and I haven't heard it again by the FTAB until this video.
I've been hearing it during video introductions of the players, but I guess that's not really the FTAB. Carry on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do you put it above ANH or ESB? If so yes, you overrate it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
This week I have picked a scene from ROTJ. I can remember always having a feeling of dread when watching this as a kid... Luke willingly giving himself up to Vader?!

Anyway, I have a soft spot for this film specifically and probably overrate it.
That was certainly one of the best sequences in that movie.

When I saw Revenge of the Sith for the first time, I came home and re-watched Return of the Jedi and felt a better sense of appreciation for Jedi than I had in a long time. And no, to all the prequel haters, that is not a slam on Sith. Sith just seemed to bookend Jedi for me. Jedi's problem was the freaking Ewoks, but when it focused on Luke, Vader and Palps, or even the opening stanza with Jabba, that movie was as great as anything in the saga.
redline248
AG
quote:
Jedi is better than A New Hope
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sith and Jedi back to back seems like it would be really cool.

I've still yet to do the 4,5,1,2,3,6 order but I'm definitely doing that in my next watch through.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

I've still yet to do the 4,5,2,3,6 order but I'm definitely doing that in my next watch through.

FIFY - skip 1....brings nothing but bad kid acting, weird love story age difference, stupid midichlorian discussions, a dumb virgin birth story and jar jar. everything necessary in Ep. 1 is reintroduced in Ep. 2 and everyone who dies in Ep. 1 is never mentioned again (except maybe Qui Gon briefly). you miss one cool light saber duel and a drawn out pod race.
boogieman
AG
quote:

I've still yet to do the 4,5,1,2,3,6 order but I'm definitely doing that in my next watch through.

Did that before Awakens. It's great. Probably my fav way to watch them all.
The Collective
AG
quote:

My favorite as a kid was Jedi, but it was the the green lightsaber, the whole Jabba scene before they added the alien night club singer, and speeder bikes.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

My favorite as a kid was Jedi, but it was the the green lightsaber, the whole Jabba scene before they added the alien night club singer, and speeder bikes.
The special edition of Jedi is not better than A New Hope for this reason alone.

Origianl version Jedi, is better.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The special edition of Jedi is not better than A New Hope for this reason alone.

Yep, as a kid I loved watching RotJ - with Max Rebo, Sy Snoodles, and Droopy McCool and no absurd CGI... But then I grew up and now ESB is my favorite and RotJ took a big hit with the special edition additions.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Negative. All or nothing.
tamuangry
quote:

I have the original un-Lucased on DVD...my boys (5 and 3) and I love ROTJ.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know nostalgia can be tough to overcome, and I know this has been discussed before, but the Victory Celebration from the Special Edition is objectively a better song than the Yub Nub.
tamuangry
How dare you! Yub nub for life.
Ag Since 83
AG
YUB NUB!!!!!!
redline248
AG
quote:
I know nostalgia can be tough to overcome, and I know this has been discussed before, but the Victory Celebration from the Special Edition is objectively a better song than the Yub Nub.
But it doesn't fit. The ewoks and rebels celebrating on Endor makes sense, b/c they are there. I don't think the celebrations on Coruscant, Naboo, or anywhere would be instaneous, the way it comes across in that version.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
But it doesn't fit. The ewoks and rebels celebrating on Endor makes sense, b/c they are there. I don't think the celebrations on Coruscant, Naboo, or anywhere would be instaneous, the way it comes across in that version.
Why would there not be instantaneous celebrations across the galaxy? This is a universe where traveling faster than light is an every-day thing. One would think that the moment the Rebels blew up the second Death Star and the Imperial forces on Endor capitulated, there would have been someone with a Star Wars version of an iPhone sending out a text message to his mom back on Naboo, which then goes all across the galaxy in a matter of seconds.

The victory celebration at the end of the special edition of Jedi was far superior to the original ending with that damn song and those silly teddy bears dancing around fires and such.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Negative. Jedi - Lucas re-invents the teddy bears in a blatant marketing campaign.

Empire is the best of the series by far, but after that is A New Hope. Then for me a toss-up between Sith and Jedi, then Force Awakens, Attack of the Clones and The Phantom Menace.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Yea, but, then that song (at least in the newest rendition) finishes out with Force Ghost Hayden, so I'm going to give the nod to Yub Nub.
redline248
AG
So much hate b/c Teddy Bears. You don't think the freaking Imperial capital would be stamping out any celebrations? Or that people might not even believe the emperor was dead, yet? There would not be galaxy wide partying an hour after the Death Star goes boom.
AliasMan02
AG
The idea that the Empire would capitulate is the worst part about that whole scene.

Canon now is actually that the party on Coruscant was immediately broken up by Imperial security wailing on people.
First Page Last Page
Page 474 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.