Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,846 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Simplebay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
shizz is upside down yo

M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
shizz is upside down yo

Mac94
AG
Where are the "Y-Wings!?!" We need 'Y-Wings!!!"
The Collective
AG
quote:
I'm wondering at what point in the movie the part with Jyn walking on that catwalk with what looked like a limp and the TIE raising up is at.

I am thinking that is on the tropical planet. I have no idea the timing of events, but I get the feeling that scene is during the final act.
Jason Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
Vader's shoulders aren't wide enough, or his helmet is too big. something seems........off
like a kid in a costume

I hate to overanalyze, but I agree. Something looks off. Shoulders definitely not wide enough.

Maybe someone put on a Vader suit to steal the plans?
TCTTS
AG
Re: this narrow-shoulder Vader talk, you guys have to realize how nitpicky-nerdy-cliche you sound, right? Besides, he's CLEARLY standing at an angle. Have you never seen another human being from that perspective?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did you forget what thread you're on?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
shizz is upside down yo

This shot and the eclipse shot. Just beautiful.
Solo Tetherball Champ
quote:
I'm starting to think any Star Wars movie not centered around Jedi/Sith isn't going to hold up as well as ones that do. I'm not overly optimistic about the Solo flick cause it's pretty much a guarantee there will be zero Force influence in that movie.
I don't know if it is because of the lack of "the force" but something doesn't grab me and excite me.

quote:
No doubt they can be great movies, but they won't feel overly Star Warsy. I'm just hoping that in a few years we get a Star Wars Story focusing on Jedi.
The trailer has the right look, but it doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. To me, Star Wars always had the feel of an adventure to it, even when it got dark.

I'm not saying I'm not going to get in line to see it opening night (well, maybe not) and that it can't potentially be a great movie, but I'm not as excited as I thought it would be.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Did you forget what thread you're on?
TC bringing logic into this discussion. LOL.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Must go faster.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This shot of classic X-Wings in the rain.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The trailer has the right look, but it doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. To me, Star Wars always had the feel of an adventure to it, even when it got dark.

I'm not saying I'm not going to get in line to see it opening night (well, maybe not) and that it can't potentially be a great movie, but I'm not as excited as I thought it would be.
To me this feels like a war movie with some adventure and heist movie stuff thrown into it. How much adventure there is in it, well, I guess we will find out come December.
Malachi Constant
AG
What I really want out of this film is for these characters to get built up the whole time only to be slaughtered brutally by Vader at the end. We spend a lot of time hearing about how menacing Vader is, but we never get to see it.

They can spend all movie wrecking storm troopers and droids. Have the audience think, 'hey, these guys are really good and powerful.'

Then I want Vader to force choke them all to death or kill them in two lightsaber strikes. Make it really jarring and brutal.
spanky
AG
He did destroy an entire planet once
AliasMan02
AG
I think we may see Vader more like at the end of the second act, which propels the film into its final chase/escape phase. It will become clear that they're not gonna make it out, at least not all of them, and the final 30 minutes of the movie is the Rebels staying a step ahead of the Dark Lord and his troops.

In fact, I'd guess that the original theft of the plans is what brings Vader into play. Successful Rebel heist, smiling faces, then cut to the bridge of the Devastator where some poor sap has to tell Vader.

Another thought. What does Vader care more about at this time? Recovering the plans or finding the Rebel base? We know the answer in iv. I wonder if he feels differently to start.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Then I want Vader to force choke them all to death or kill them in two lightsaber strikes. Make it really jarring and brutal.

Well, I want Felicity Jones to take off her clothes on screen, but I'm positive Disney won't let that happen either.
gravy97
AG
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-glover-lando-star-wars-2016-8

Did I miss this breaking news... or is it another fake rumor I fell for?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Don't know how I missed this till today.

John Williams is the best.
TCTTS
AG
That honestly kind of creeps me out. It was all in good fun, and Williams is super cool about it, but people lingering outside celebrity's homes is almost never a good thing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
What I really want out of this film is for these characters to get built up the whole time only to be slaughtered brutally by Vader at the end. We spend a lot of time hearing about how menacing Vader is, but we never get to see it.

They can spend all movie wrecking storm troopers and droids. Have the audience think, 'hey, these guys are really good and powerful.'

I like it...

It'd be better if just didn't even stop; just walks through like he's on his way to an important meeting and force chokes them all simultaneously without breaking stride.
The Collective
AG
quote:
That honestly kind of creeps me out. It was all in good fun, and Williams is super cool about it, but people lingering outside celebrity's homes is almost never a good thing.

You can add, "and then posting a video of it all on the internet", and it takes it up another notch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
You should show the Focus thread to all the people you've talked about in there.
Btron
AG
quote:
Don't know how I missed this till today.

John Williams is the best.

What's wrong with Jesse Eisenberg playing a horned instrument?
TCTTS
AG
Talking about them in jest is completely different than invading their privacy in person.
Malachi Constant
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I don't know if I'd necessarily go to Clint Eastwood's place.

Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
Re: this narrow-shoulder Vader talk, you guys have to realize how nitpicky-nerdy-cliche you sound, right? Besides, he's CLEARLY standing at an angle. Have you never seen another human being from that perspective?
I might bookmark this one to point out to TC at a date TBD
Ag Since 83
AG
I loved this trailer because it simultaneously looked and felt like Star Wars...

while also adding a bit of a new feel to the aesthetic...

The darker images definitely reminded me of Edwards's Godzilla (which I personally enjoyed)

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I think we may see Vader more like at the end of the second act, which propels the film into its final chase/escape phase. It will become clear that they're not gonna make it out, at least not all of them, and the final 30 minutes of the movie is the Rebels staying a step ahead of the Dark Lord and his troops.

In fact, I'd guess that the original theft of the plans is what brings Vader into play. Successful Rebel heist, smiling faces, then cut to the bridge of the Devastator where some poor sap has to tell Vader.

Another thought. What does Vader care more about at this time? Recovering the plans or finding the Rebel base? We know the answer in iv. I wonder if he feels differently to start.

This might be what triggers Vader looking for the base. Perhaps that "first major victory" against the Empire is shown here and finally he has to acknowledge the rebels as a threat. Up until now the were a nuisance and he was trying to stop them form stealing the plans, but with the military victory and the theft, their potential is realized.
wanewman

Farmer1906
AG

And he will forever be known as magic stick man.
boogieman
AG
Magic stick man? The tides have turned!
jr15aggie
AG
"I can't wait to finish what they started".

"Who's playing Grandfather??? Is that Hayden!!!!"

LOL. Good stuff!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly. Good post.
First Page Last Page
Page 465 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.