Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,499 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I hate NBC because of the insane amount of commercial breaks in the opening ceremony, for making live streams basically impossible to watch for anyone without a cable account (it's a ****ing open air channel), and for those ridiculous 1-minute videos on youtube.
Yeah I agree. Even with DVR I got a little bored.
VanZandt92
quote:
They cancelled Freaks and Geeks. All that needs to be said.
I agree, but damn that was some high end TV while it lasted. I think it might be on Amazon or Netflix for those who have not seen. The problem with that show is that now all pales in comparison.

gravy97
AG
quote:
I hate NBC because of the insane amount of commercial breaks in the opening ceremony
So your protest of NBC has been going on for nearly a week now...
AliasMan02
AG
On topic, people
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:
I hate NBC because of the insane amount of commercial breaks in the opening ceremony
So your protest of NBC has been going on for nearly a week now...

In NBCs defense, the commercials are more interesting than about 90% of the opening ceremony. Outside of the Americans marching in and the lighting of the torch, it's mostly incredibly boring.
Flashdiaz
AG
I personally don't care if anyone has a personal vendetta against a tv station lol.

STAR WARS people!!!

the teaser for the trailer has a shot of Jedha

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know, come to think of it, it's a little surprising that Disney would want to debut the trailer on NBC given that they own ABC. I know it's the olympics and all, but you gotta figure most of the views will come on youtube anyway.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How do we know that's Jedha?
The Collective
AG
quote:

It could be an assumption based on the shots in the EW feature of Jedha. You see those red robes on individuals but don't remember seeing a face shot.

The Collective
AG
Jedha is a really different direction than I expected for this film. When they announced this movie at first, I fully expected it to be almost void of the force and the religious aspect of the SW universe. I thought it would have more of an agnostic type feel to it all. I wonder how much focus we will get on this aspect of the universe.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
that was just a pic I found, I believe it's from the celebration video that was online.

in the new teaser trailer that came out yesterday, there's a shot of Admiral White Cape on what looks to be the death star bridge overlooking a planet that looks icy and deserty at the same time... which is thought to be Jedha.
jabberwalkie09
AG
New teaser for the trailer tonight, new part is about halfway through.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-trailer-2-preview/
VanZandt92
quote:
quote:

It could be an assumption based on the shots in the EW feature of Jedha. You see those red robes on individuals but don't remember seeing a face shot.

Those stormtrooper armor suits are full on original mojo.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yep, and it's glorious.
The Collective
AG
Almost zero chance those stormtroopers could hit Donnie Yen's character if a fight breaks out right there.
boogieman
AG
TCTTS
AG
(Edgar Wright has a movie coming out next year called Baby Driver.)
The Collective
AG
quote:
(Edgar Wright has a movie coming out next year called Baby Driver.)

Looking forward to that one. The cast is great if I remember right.
boogieman
AG
Oh....

But now I have a need to see a new movie.
The Collective
AG
Do we have any idea on trailer time tonight? Any buzz? I see the female gymnastics are in the 7 central hour, and then you have Phelps vs Lochte swim in the 8 central hour. I guess they would fit the trailer around one of those two things since the audience will be high for both events.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Do we have any idea on trailer time tonight? Any buzz? I see the female gymnastics are in the 7 central hour, and then you have Phelps vs Lochte swim in the 8 central hour. I guess they would fit the trailer around one of those two things since the audience will be high for both events.
i've read between 8 and 10 which is a very safe and broad guess.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Jedha is a really different direction than I expected for this film. When they announced this movie at first, I fully expected it to be almost void of the force and the religious aspect of the SW universe. I thought it would have more of an agnostic type feel to it all. I wonder how much focus we will get on this aspect of the universe.

Same here
The Collective
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/11/rogue-one-forest-whitaker-saw-gerrera
quote:
A man with a raspy voice. His body locked in life-giving armor. His face, as well as his soul, scarred by the violent actions of his past.
We'll see two such figures in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, both of them friends who once fought alongside each other before the rise of the Empire.
One is Darth Vader. The other is Forest Whitaker's extremist freedom-fighter Saw Gerrera.
"There are some similarities," Whitaker says in an interview with EW. "I don't know if I should tell you that."

quote:
"I don't think he's regretful. I think he really believes that what he has done is right," Whitaker says. "He understands that the universe could be destroyed and worlds could be destroyed if he doesn't succeed. And he's one of the only people who will do everything to make sure the Imperial forces don't."

He sees Erso as someone who could follow in his path. "He's really close to her, and they have a very powerful relationship," Whitaker says. "He's talking about how you maybe make compromises that may harm people, or may harm the situation, or people may question it, but if you're doing it for the good, there's a positive thing about that. But what does it make you become? And how do you change as a person?"

quote:
Gerrera has also changed literally since we first saw him in the teaser trailer. In a photo released as part of an EW cover story in June, his shaved head and close-cropped beard has been replaced with a wildfire of hair.

Some theorized that this was a alteration brought about during reshoots for the movie, but Whitaker says it's a switch that happens within the story. Given the extra gray in his beard, maybe we're seeing Saw at two different stages of his life.

TCTTS
AG
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/11/donald-glover-is-the-first-choice-for-young-lando-calrissian
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
If we're casting young Lando, let's go ahead and lock up Donald Glover.
Ag Since 83
AG
Oh please let that happen, for the Star Wars Celebration panel if nothing else
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't want to be that guy, but I'm actually not interested in a movie featuring a young Lando. Of all the characters in the Star Wars universe, I think there are probably some other ones they could have chosen that people would be more interested in.
AliasMan02
AG
Having young Lando appear wouldn't necessarily be my first choice, but if they do it, I'd love for it to be Glover.

However, if I'm Disney, I'm a LITTLE cautious. I love Donald Glover. I love Childish Gambino. But he is a little weird, and I've sorta wondered if he isn't always one really bad day away from being Joaquin Phoenix or Shia Labeouf.
Ag Since 83
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zemira
AG
Waiting patiently. And I get muscular guys swimming as my filler!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are they filling your thermal exhaust port?
Zemira
AG
I wish
Zemira
AG
And I was a bit late as the women are swimming now.
maca1028
I'll bet it's right after the Phelps/Lochte....for those who are ok with watching NBC or the Olympics for that matter.
First Page Last Page
Page 462 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.