Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,070 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll tell you why they never really seem to work:

spoiler alert:

I read an article the other day that talked about one of the characters implanting a control chip in Vader, so that when Vader confronts him he forces Vader to kneel before him

It's that kind of dumb stuff that causes fans like me to roll their eyes
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'll tell you why they never really seem to work:

spoiler alert:

I read an article the other day that talked about one of the characters implanting a control chip in Vader, so that when Vader confronts him he forces Vader to kneel before him

It's that kind of dumb stuff that causes fans like me to roll their eyes
I tend to let them pile up and read one "chapter" at a time, usually 4 or 5 comics, so I confess I haven't seen that. But yeah, not great.

edit: I can't find reference to that. Maybe it was in one of the old comics?

I also did just read that they are ending the run of Darth Vader with #25, so in just a few issues. That is something they do RIGHT. Tell a story and finish it, British television style. When things drag on is when it gets stupid.
redline248
AG
From Darth Vader #23

For clarity's sake, I haven't read any of these comics...just saw this pop up on twitter. Again, spoilers, if you're not caught up on these comics. The article discusses a few different issues.

http://www.starwars.com/news/comic-book-galaxy-the-greatness-of-marvels-star-wars-villains-and-more?cmp=smc|530412584&linkId=27037230
amercer
AG
Are all the comics currently set between IV and V ?
redline248
AG
quote:
Someone who knows better can correct me if wrong, but I think Star Wars, Vader and Rebels are all set between 3 and 4. There is apparently a Force Awakens comic, as well. I'll bet you can guess when that takes place.
amercer
AG
The one I've started on is Star Wars and it's definitely post Death Star I.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Star Wars and Darth Vader are both concurrent, between iv and v, except the Old Ben issues that take place before iv. So are the miniseries Princess Leia, Lando, and Chewbacca. Haven't read Han Solo yet, so not sure.

C-3P0, Poe Dameron, Shattered Empire all take place between vi and vii.

Kanan takes place both during the Old Republic (during/after iii) and before iv.

Anakin and Obi-Wan takes place during the Old Republic, between i and ii.
amercer
AG
Thanks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can it just be Thursday?
TCTTS
AG
Word is, the trailer on Thursday is slightly different/longer than the one that played at celebration. Sounds like the same general beats, just a bit more footage, apparently.
Flashdiaz
AG
The Collective
AG
The Vader reveal during the Olympics is pretty damn smart.

Also, did some reading from some older articles, and I like Edwards' comments about Vader and making the film in general:
quote:
"Sure. So hopefully, it was like... I got pulled into making the film through my love of the original films, but then what was a clear conversation that happened early on at Lucasfilm is that we're doing new things here, this is not a karaoke number or just pure winks and fan service. That's not going to make a good film. This has got to be characters that you care about and there's an opportunity to create new people and events that pull you in, so hopefully the goal is that you come to the film for all the reasons that we love Star Wars and you get sucked in and start to care about the new people and when you're in the midst of all that and that's going on, familiar things start to pass you by, you start to remember 'Oh yeah, oh yeah' but the film should exist on it's own terms.

If all these films are ever just 'And here's that character you love, Yay! Here's that other character you love, Yay!' all the time, that's all they're doing then they're not really doing what George did he tried to find stories that were about something, that were saying something, that you keep in your pocket forty years later, that stay in your head and are still affecting you."

The Collective
AG
Do we know where they filmed the Jedha scenes?

nvm, I do see that they filmed in Jordan. I guess that is probably Jedha.
TajMaballer
AG
quote:
Haven't read Han Solo yet, so not sure.

I have been reading Han Solo (it's pretty good!) and it's set between New Hope and Empire.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Word is, the trailer on Thursday is slightly different/longer than the one that played at celebration. Sounds like the same general beats, just a bit more footage, apparently.
Now we go to Emperor Palpatine for his reaction to the trailer being different/longer than the one at Celebration.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Sweet. Just what I was hoping for.
The Collective
AG
New trailer tomorrow and trailer reactions on Friday. Let the fun begin.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tonight!
Kashchei
AG
I wonder how fast they will get it loaded onto YouTube after the TV airing. I refuse to watch the Olympics, even for Star Wars.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
I wonder how fast they will get it loaded onto YouTube after the TV airing. I refuse to watch the Olympics, even for Star Wars.

Not to derail the thread, but why? Do you hate to see America dominate?
lunchbox
quote:
It is probably already loaded (or will be prior to the airing)....just not made public
Kashchei
AG
quote:
quote:

Mostly because it airs on NBC. You can extrapolate from there...

I also just don't care anymore. The Olympics has become just another corrupt institution.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Mostly because it airs on NBC. You can extrapolate from there...

I also just don't care anymore. The Olympics has become just another corrupt institution.

What difference does it make what network it's on? What show did NBC cancel that you really liked?
Kashchei
AG
I'd rather not watch a channel that consistently preaches to me and mocks my beliefs.
TXAG 05
AG
Ummmm....ok. No idea what you are talking about.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I'd rather not watch a channel that consistently preaches to me and mocks my beliefs.

You don't want Sunday night football either? I'm a little surprised you watch ABC / Disney films if you are that worried about it.
amercer
AG
quote:

You also have the option of watching on MSNBC, CNBC, USA, Telemundo, or Bravo.
Kashchei
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't want Sunday night football either? I'm a little surprised you watch ABC / Disney films if you are that worried about it.

I know there's a little hypocrisy on my part, especially since SW is owned by Disney. But NBC just makes me sick. The only time I watch is if the Cowboys are playing.
TXAG 05
AG
Can I ask what is they are doing that upsets you so much? I am totally lost here.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Can I ask what is they are doing that upsets you so much? I am totally lost here.

My guess is that MSNBC is kind of like the liberal version of FNC.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hate NBC because of the insane amount of commercial breaks in the opening ceremony, for making live streams basically impossible to watch for anyone without a cable account (it's a ****ing open air channel), and for those ridiculous 1-minute videos on youtube.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I hate NBC because of the insane amount of commercial breaks in the opening ceremony, for making live streams basically impossible to watch for anyone without a cable account (it's a ****ing open air channel), and for those ridiculous 1-minute videos on youtube.
I don't like NBC because they're turning out more Chicago shows, and is almost like Fox in regards to how they treat their new programs. The Player which was pretty much a pure action show was a show I enjoyed, but cancellation rumors and it not getting an order for the back 9 started at like episode 3. Felt almost like I was entirely watching a Fox program. The only NBC show I watch now is Grimm.

Really with NBC's Chicago shows multiplying and ABC's Shonda-verse stuff, is there really much of a reason to watch broadcast TV anymore?
Mr. White
They cancelled Freaks and Geeks. All that needs to be said.
TXAG 05
AG
What a bunch of crybabies. Geez.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Considering the new planet and focus on retrieving kyber crystrals in Rogue One, I'm really hoping we get a scene in Ep 8 of Rey finding her crystal and building her lightsaber. Not just for story but I think it would be a really cool visual for the movie.
First Page Last Page
Page 461 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.