Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,077 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha, on Twitter Johnson just responded to the news simply with a link to this clip...

http://youtu.be/o9iP2WEvq2s

Perfect.
TCTTS
AG
Wow, another great Twitter/SW response from Johnson a month ago...

http://www.vulture.com/2014/06/rian-johnson-star-wars-breaking-bad-joke-twitter.html
redline248
AG
Think JJ will go back to star trek?
TCTTS
AG
^ No. Somehow, Bob Orci is directing the third Trek, and it's coming out in 2016. No way J.J. could take back reigns and make that date. I'd also be willing to bet it'll be the final Trek movie with the current cast. The franchise will probably move back to TV again after, maybe in a spin-off fashion with one of the current cast members or something. Either that, or a whole different show. Point is, I can't see Chris Pine & co sticking around for a fourth movie for J.J. to direct.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/20/2014 3:37p).]
TCTTS
AG
"That Time STAR WARS VIII Director Rian Johnson Sang Weird Al’s Yoda"
fig96
AG
I've loved Johnson since Brick, which is still one of my favorite films of the last ten years. Super excited on this one.
PatAg
AG
He did Brick as well? It's always nice when legitimate directors are involved with stories you are passionate about.
Professor Frick
AG
Brick
Simplebay
AG
Rumor says Harrison is out 6 months. Uh oh
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Wampa breaks his leg.

That's how they addressed Hamill's injury.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
the problems with the prequels are way more than just a simple rewriting of a few aspects. they were complete garbage imho.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Which MIGHT actually mean a May 2016 release now (like you wanted way back when ). At least according to the speculation I'm seeing. Currently, May '16 has Batman v Superman, Captain America 3, and X-Men: Apocalypse. As is, no way SW plants a flag smack in the middle of those three. But Captain America will likely balk and move to April, while BvS could potentially switch seasons with SW and take Christmas '15, as they're technically ahead of schedule. So It's doable.

Still, Iger promised shareholders SW would be 2015. But if one of the primary actors can't walk for six months, it may be completely out of his control. It's definitely going to be an interesting next few weeks, as Disney weighs their options. Especially with Comic-Con in a month, where both Marvel and DC will be announcing/solidifying their plans for the next few years. A SW move could cause the entire release landscape to shift at the last minute...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/23/2014 2:08a).]
el aggie
AG
How fast can he do the Kessel Walk?
COOL LASER FALCON
There's absolutely no chance that they just try to cover it up with a bunch of waist-up shots and him sitting down and stuff, right?
MGS
Instead of fighting hand-to-hand with some bad guy with a light saber, he'll just shoot them with a blaster.
double aught
AG
Perfect
Ulrich
Just put him in a wheel chair.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This movie was never coming out in December. Still betting on May 2016 like I always have.

SW can plant themselves wherever they want and the others will move out of the way.
TCTTS
AG
Reports this morning are saying filming will NOT be delayed, just FYI. Still, anything can happen...
Farmer1906
AG
Not this **** again.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Billy Dee Williams is sitting by the phone with his fingers twitching... c'mon JJ you old scoundrel, call me!
TCTTS
AG
Things are definitely starting to get interesting...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/23/could-star-wars-episode-vii-get-pushed-to-2016/

Ha, and don't worry, aggie1906, I'll try and keep most release date speculation this go around to my blog, which I think I might start next week in advance of my site launching a couple weeks after. If we don't have any official word between now and next week, I have an idea for a post; kind of a "here's what could happen to the entire release landscape" piece should SW move to May '16.
TCTTS
AG
Looks as if Mandalorians play some kind of role in the movie (I originally read it as "midichlorians" and got really nervous)...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/hot-rumor-more-star-wars-episode-vii-character-tidbits
AliasMan02
AG
That makes good sense. They are major players in the Clone Wars series, and traditional adversaries to the Jedi.
redline248
AG
The clone wars series made then a bunch of pacifists, though.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
The clone wars series made then a bunch of pacifists, though.

Always with Deathwatch there in the shadows, trying to gain power, though. The inclusion of Deathwatch in Ep 7 would be cool, even if it was just a threat out on the edge of the story.
redline248
AG
Yeah. I just don't like the idea that they went pacifist before Boba grew up.
Seven Psycho Ags
Han Solo after the rewrites?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS, you up for a friendly wager? You get December '15 and I get May '16.

Loser paypals the winner the amount for a ticket. Those are the only two months in play though.

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 6/24/2014 7:04p).]
TCTTS
AG
^ Ha, I was only gung-ho on Christmas '15 when everyone was saying summer '15. But now that Ford may truly out six months, no way I'm taking that bet. I'd say the chances of the date moving are 50/50 at this point, and part of me almost wants May '16 now.

If SW claimed May from then out, not only could Batman v Superman then take Christmas '15, we could avoid this whole SW vs. Avatar thing that's shaping up for three years in a row, as Avatar 2, 3, and 4 are all scheduled for Christmas '16, '17, and '18 respectively. Point is, we'd have release date harmony if SW moves. And I'm all for harmony. Unless Avatar takes the first step and simplifies this whole thing by moving to the summers.
double aught
AG
I don't think Star Wars should be worried about going up against any movie.
TCTTS
AG
It has nothing to do whether SW should "worry" or not. It's simply a personal preference on my part. I don't want to have to deal with all the SW/Avatar competition talk three years in a row. If they're both December releases, from a marketing standpoint, they'll cancel each other out. It'll be all about the rivalry rather than the individual movies themselves. I'd rather they each have their time to shine.

As of now, summer '17 and '18 are pretty bare, and because of that, I guarantee one of the two franchises moves to summer and stakes claim. It would just be idiotic for both franchises to try and release in December, a couple weeks apart.
double aught
AG
Mine was more of a general statement than a response to your post specifically.
TCTTS
AG
Da7e's scatterbrained writing is really starting to wear me down, but he brings the SW goods every week, so I keep reading. This week is no different, as there's quite a bit of potential plot news in his report, along with "confirmation" that Episode VII is sticking to its December '15 release date...

http://www.latino-review.com/news/star-wars-december-2015-or-bust

quote:
- The movie will NOT be delayed because of Harrison Ford’s injuries. (I can actually second source this thanks to Star Wars 7 News) This information is from this week, it’s not old, it’s not speculation.

- Kathleen Kennedy and JJ Abrams want a May 4th, 2016 release date.

- Bob Iger is not giving it to them.

May 4, 2016 would actually be pretty cool (BvS and Captain America, scheduled to hit on May 6, 2016, would no doubt move). What would be funny is if Abrams and Kennedy staged this whole Harrison Ford broken leg thing just to force a date shift, but then still didn't get one.

Anyway, there are other minor plot bits, but here's the big chunk, quoted from a report at Making Star Wars. I'd probably consider this spoiler territory, but it's nothing that won't be in any of the trailers...

quote:
We have heard that Thomas starts the film on the side of the villains. Thomas is shot down over Tatooine and he is injured from the crash. The things we heard from Abu Dhabi about a crashed ship is rumored to have been Thomas’ fighter. Rachel rescues him from the wreckage and the elements of the sandy planet. Over the course of their “unlikely pairing,” Thomas sees the reality of the universe and he defects from the side of the villains and decides to help Rachel for saving his life. However, things are not easy for the character because unlike most of the rebels we’ve met in the series, none were traitors, they were always on the side of right from the beginning. However, it appears Rachel and Thomas have an innocent flirtation in their first film with hints at romance in the future episodes.

I often hear Thomas is a Jedi in the film, but I am beginning to think he might start that journey midway through Star Wars: Episode VII, which is why he has a lightsaber according to many reports. We have never heard Thomas has a lightsaber during the Abu Dhabi sequences, but we have heard set reports from Pinewood that he fights with two hands on his saber, without much of the prequel style flash of a one handed Obi-Wan Kenobi. It makes me wonder if Thomas and Rachel’s characters discover they share the same propensity for the Force that has so far been untapped until they meet a certain old Jedi in the second act of the film.

Our good buddy Dion from Star Wars Always and I were talking about how this interfaces with the recent rumors the film is about the search for Luke Skywalker. Dion suggested that plot line A is Rachel and Thomas and plot line B is Han Solo and the rest of the cast searching for Luke Skywalker until the plot lines converge.

Definitely sounds plausible. At the very least, it seems like everyone in-the-know is saying "the search for Luke Skywalker" is the basic plot foundation, which I love.
Ulrich
Dear Texags: please make a spoiler tag. Thanks.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.