Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,964 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would think Disney would know better than anyone that the tone doesn't have to be the same across the entire SW saga. (And in fact would benefit from avoiding that.)

Marvel has done a great job of switching up genres/tones within the MCU.
Simplebay
AG
The Collective
AG
Well, let's just wait for the trailer. I think we will know if they have reversed on the tone of the film when it hits. The direction of the film was pretty obvious to me based on the teaser and, hell, given the content of the story itself.
TCTTS
AG
Please, please, please don't ever believe anything from Page Six. It blows my mind that so many sites are running with their report (then again... hits). Yes, they're ARE re-shoots in July, but they've been planned since before production began, as is the case with nearly every major blockbuster ever. Re-shoots are almost always built into the schedule as a precaution, if only because it's impossible to know what you have before you see that first edit. This isn't a bad thing by any means. Not to mention, there's not a chance in hell Disney would ever test screen a Star Wars movie for anyone other than Disney execs or those close to the production.

This, however, could be cause for alarm, because I can't see how this isn't going to feel incredibly forced...

Atreides Ornithopter
AG
We see Han in a cantina complaining about getting boarded and then he storms out
jabberwalkie09
AG
That rumor also started flying around the end of April/beginning of May when Alden was announced as Han Solo. Funny thing is though, Page Six also reported it

quote:
The film won't start shooting until January, but reports are that the early casting is because the new Solo will have a cameo in "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story," which is now shooting. That film is said to be set between "Episode III" and "Episode IV."

http://pagesix.com/2016/05/05/meet-the-new-han-solo/
TCTTS
AG

Followed by a potential spoiler, though not really...

Urban Ag
AG
A Han Solo cameo makes absolutely no sense. Rogue One is supposed to take place just weeks, maybe even days, before the events in New Hope. So, you're not getting a younger Han Solo, you're just getting a new Han Solo.
Urban Ag
AG
quote:

Followed by a potential spoiler, though not really...

ug. I don't want the classic fun Star Wars. I want Empire Strikes back sans romance and Skywalkers.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
A Han Solo cameo makes absolutely no sense. Rogue One is supposed to take place just weeks, maybe even days, before the events in New Hope. So, you're not getting a younger Han Solo, you're just getting a new Han Solo.
This all the way. Granted, none of the Han stuff is confirmed by a long shot, so we'll see how it all pans out. I wouldn't bring out the pitchforks just yet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disney needs to strap on a pair. It's ok to have a dark SW.
wangus12
AG
I don't see Han being forced into the modern plotline. No way can Disney be that ignorant. Is it possible that if Jyn Erso is the daughter of the Imperial Commander, she spent some small time at the one of the dry docks in Corellia where she happens to run into a younger Solo. Geez, just writing that seems so forced. Bad move Disney
Karrde
AG
What if Jyn went to the imperial academy and briefly crossed paths with a cadet Solo? Would be a way to have a young Han show up without being too out of place.
Duncan Idaho
Don't want to say I called it. But I called it.
Simplebay
AG
FYI I am still worried about Edwards. the dude has a good vision, and great visuals.... but damn if his characters are charades.

we need good characters here. surely Felicity doesn't sign up if she doesn't have a well written character and script. I'm just nervous that SW doesn't have the Yes Man feel now, in that no matter what everyone wants in.

let's not forget, this is being written by the dude From American Pie, The Twilight movies..... a dude who has written practically nothing and done mostly special effects (Zach Snyder light?).... and the dude who wrote After Earth and video games.

so....devils advocate here. but I pray Kathleen hasn't taken her eye of the ball here just to get filler in until Episode 8.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag
AG
quote:

Debate rages on across twitter and facebook.

Jabba's palace guards incompetent? Rancor cage not properly engineered to ensure safety?
Darth Vader, worst parent ever?

The Collective
AG
How come Luke couldn't sense that he was standing in a dangerous place?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

That's not how the Force works!
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Because he's not spiderman?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Darth Vader, worst parent ever?
redline248
AG
quote:

Arrogance
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

That's not how the Force works!

Actually it is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jason Ag
AG
quote:

All part of the super complicated plan.
Flashdiaz
AG
I wonder if the other Hutt's are pissed at Luke and Leia still...
Simplebay
AG
oh...... foooooooooouccoooooook. 40% of the movie being reshot?

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/how-extensive-will-the-rogue-one-reshoots-be/
Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
oh...... foooooooooouccoooooook. 40% of the movie being reshot?

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/06/how-extensive-will-the-rogue-one-reshoots-be/
40% does not sound like built-in reshoots. Really hope this isn't just to add well known characters
Duncan Idaho
I wonder if we will get to see the original version ever
TCTTS
AG

Christopher McQuarrie shoots about as straight as they come. The guy doesn't BS, and he's been in this game for a long, long time (his very first script was The Usual Suspects, if that tells you anything).

Also, as much as I like MakingStarWars, and appreciate the way that guy does what he does (i.e. piece together plot morsels in a fun, non-cocky way), it's worth clarifying that Jason is nothing more than a very passionate FAN. The guy doesn't work in the movie industry, isn't anything close to journalist, and even though he has gathered quite a few legit sources over the past few years, it's a whole other skillset to be able to assess and translate what he's hearing in a viable, accurate way. In other words, he doesn't have the experience or knowledge to properly filter and analyze a lot of what he's hearing in regards to the reshoot drama. I'd trust him for actual plot info, but never for behind-the-scenes stuff like this. They're two completely different things. I don't doubt that something is going on with Rogue One, but there's not a chance in hell they're re-shooting 40% of the movie this late in the game.
Jason Ag
AG
I have on good authority that they accidentally shot the first take in full screen.
AggieSouth06
quote:
I have on good authority that they accidentally shot the first take in full screen.

I heard it they held their phones vertically while they filmed instead of horizontally and the Internet was losing its mind over it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

WTF is going on?!
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:

I heard it they held their phones vertically while they filmed instead of horizontally and the Internet was losing its mind over it.
I heard they were using spaces instead of tabs.
redline248
AG
One reason why I don't care to follow all the news around a movie as it's its being filmed. Don't care how the sausage is made.
First Page Last Page
Page 434 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.