Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,044 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Han wasn't estranged from Leia for 20 years and Leia never would have concealed his child from him and then dropped her on some random planet with Plutt.

Then how long? You can't answer this with facts. Give your opinion. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that it was stated that he had been gone for ~17 years.

I can answer this with facts, actually. Han and Leia are still together six years prior to TFA, as we know from Bloodline.

Even beyond that, what about their relationship backs up the idea that Leia would conceal a child from Han? That doesn't track at all. They love each other and mutually love their son.

quote:
quote:
The vision Rey has of the Knights of Ren isn't at the Academy.
Where then?

The final murder in that scene is of a "clan leader," not a Jedi pupil. It seems like Ren also has Anakin/Luke's lightsaber on his belt, though that's not confirmed. If so, that would indicate that the vision is a possible future.

quote:
quote:
Kylo is not 16 years older than Rey.
Then how much older is he?

Roughly 10 years older.

quote:
quote:
Leia and the Resistance now know where Luke is so there's no need to lure him out of hiding in that way.
I was talking about being hidden from First Order.

Fair enough.
caleblyn
Future vision is possible. Similar to Ren seeing in Rey the Island surround by Water. I assume this is a future vision especially since Rey had never seen so much green which one would assume the same with water.
amercer
AG
quote:
Future vision is possible. Similar to Ren seeing in Rey the Island surround by Water. I assume this is a future vision especially since Rey had never seen so much green which one would assume the same with water.

He was seeing her dream, which I guess is like a future vision she was having?
TCTTS
AG
Pretty quick but cool little interview with Boyega, re: Episode VIII...

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/05/john-boyega-talks-star-wars-episode-viii-tom-hardy-rumor/
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not a lot.... I'd like to hear more on the difference between Johnson and Abrams
TCTTS
AG
Rey is a straight up icon for young girls, as is evident in this family stumbling upon the Episode VIII set. So cool to see that happen in such a relatively short amount of time...

TCTTS
AG

More images here: http://www.slashfilm.com/rogue-one-character-names/
TCTTS
AG
So, yeah... I'd say Vader definitely has a role in Rogue One.
fig96
AG
Hey Rebels animated series watchers, my stellar cable provider (screw your TWC) doesn't support the Disney XD app so I'm unable to watch S1.

I do have access to all of S2 through on demand, and I've watched about the first half of S1. Can I pick up at the beginning of S2, or will I be missing something critical?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Hey Rebels animated series watchers, my stellar cable provider (screw your TWC) doesn't support the Disney XD app so I'm unable to watch S1.

I do have access to all of S2 through on demand, and I've watched about the first half of S1. Can I pick up at the beginning of S2, or will I be missing something critical?

Watch the rest of S1.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Watch the rest of S1.
Gotcha, I will see what I can figure out Thanks!
Simplebay
AG
i'll be honest...i hate the design of Alan Tudyk's droid, except the stormtrooper symbols on the back....surely that face wont be the final design?

but, given that the rest of the cast looks perfectly like a "ragtag bunch", i'll overlook this.

Also...this movie better not be great visuals with weak ass characters (I'm looking at you Godzilla and quicksilver/scarlett witch wife)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I like the droid.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. I think the droid looks awesome. I love the throwback simplicity of it.
AliasMan02
AG
Suggestive in some ways of the Commando Droid.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Watch the rest of S1.
Gotcha, I will see what I can figure out Thanks!
There's some critical stuff that happens in the later half of season 1 that helps setup season 2. Specifically, the last three episodes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
OK, I'm interested in the TIE Striker.
Ag Since 83
AG
Getting rather spoilery in here again
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was conflicted on posting this info or not, but then saw TCTTS had already posted it.

I would agree it's borderline spoiler-y.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Getting rather spoilery in here again
I'm not sure I consider those pictures very spoilery. Most of the character descriptions are pretty much copy and paste beyond the character names. Not only that, but the broad plot of stealing the Death Star plans isn't that much of a mystery.

As an aside, I guess we can put all this "The guy with the mustache is Biggs" business to bed finally. As per the norm, Making Star Wars has been pretty on point about A LOT of details.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. This is super basic info. I've said it before and I'll say it again, spoilers are plot twists and the end results of character arcs and what not. If you don't want to know the very basic plot info about a movie, don't visit a thread about said movie on the internet.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm just saying we are getting close to an area some people don't want to tread into, so at the very least could you post a spoiler warning, and maybe links instead of huge pictures that show characters some people may not want to know is in the movie?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What is considered spoilers is subjective, not what you think it is.

Some people think anything outside of officially released info (which this is) is a spoiler.
TCTTS
AG
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do that. It's like those people who complain that someone posted a spoiler on Twitter about en episode of TV that aired two months ago. This thread doesn't exist to accommodate you. 90% of those characters featured in those pics have already been shown in the very first teaser trailer. And the others will no doubt be shown in future trailers. Images of characters aren't "spoilers." Am image of character dying? Sure, that's a spoiler. An image of two characters having a reunion we didn't expect? Same. But EXTREMELY basic plot info and character photos just aren't spoilers. Again, if you don't want to see that kind of stuff, don't visit a message board thread discussing the movie. It's just that simple. A line has to be drawn, or it's inevitable that someone will come here and complain that the name of the title is a spoiler. We would never in a million years spoil anything of significance in this thread. But if we adhered to certain people's definition of "spoiler," the only thing we'd be allowed to talk about is past movies and the cartoons.
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like we're on the same page.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Just wanted to point out, there still has been zero official information or any images of Mads Mikelsen's character in R1. I know the rumors of his character, but I am beginning to suspect the reason why we haven't seen him yet.
TCTTS
AG
Except Mads himself revealed a decent chunk about his character in a public interview recently.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are we?

I'm saying your definition of spoilers may be different from others, such as Ag Since 83. None of this was officially released, and some may not want to see this stuff.

A short warning at the top of your post can't hurt.
TCTTS
AG
Then I misread your post.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I know what he said. I don't remember if the article was posted here or not though.
TCTTS
AG
SPOILER, GUYS!

Episode VIII isn't actually filming in space...

https://instagr.am/p/BFhDTv0FE-8
Ag Since 83
AG
So let me get this straight: You are claiming that someone should come to this thread and think it's reasonable to see pages from a book that won't be released for months with a huge picture of DARTH VADER in it? And then you follow it up with "So, yeah...I'd say Vader definitely has a role in Rogue One." If that's "EXTREMELY basic plot info" what's with the italics? I mean, it's basic plot points. Why do you think it's noteworthy that arguably the greatest villain in movie history is in those pictures? Oh that's right, because it's a ****ing spoiler.

But hey, I'm not in the entertainment industry, I'm just a fan, so my opinion doesn't matter on TC's precious entertainment board.

TCTTS
AG
The fact that Darth Vader is in this movie has been mentioned NUMEROUS times in this thread already, and discussed at length.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to do that. It's like those people who complain that someone posted a spoiler on Twitter about en episode of TV that aired two months ago.
It's really not, and you know it's not. This is unreleased information on a movie that is still 7 months away.

You know I enjoy your posts, but it seems like this is an ego thing at this point. Can't just add the warning and move on?
Ag Since 83
AG
Exactly. A warning/link would be fine. I know Vader's in the movie. I wish I didn't, but I do. Just saying we shouldn't be posting huge pictures of it so that someone who doesn't know yet doesn't see it.
First Page Last Page
Page 429 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.