Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,177 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
in TFA making of some of those people said Kee Low Ren. including Mark Hamill at the table read

yeah.....no.

F-ckin metric system
dave94
AG
Just thinking (and it's probably not even a possibility or a good idea) would it be crazy to have a crawl, or some of it, to start the next trailer and set the scene?
InnerCityAg
quote:
Btw, with confirmation that the Doctor Strange trailer is debuting next week on Kimmel (and thus will be in theaters with Disney's The Jungle Book next Friday), I'd say that basically solidifies the Rogue One trailer debuting with Civil War in a month. I was a little worried that Disney would instead debut the Doctor Strange trailer with Civil War, and push the Rogue One trailer to mid-summer (with something like The BFG), but it's pretty much set in stone now that in exactly one month, we'll be watching a Rogue One trailer in theaters.

LOL
TCTTS
AG
I will gladly be wrong all day long if this is the result.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
There is going to be an opening crawl, right? If so, can't they address the timeline problem in the opening crawl? It seems like that will take care of the question for at least the semi-intelligent moviegoer.

Interesting question... since this is outside the Episode main Arc; and it's an anthology film, will their be a crawl?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Jeremy Jahns says ay tee ay tees.

He's wrong. It's been settled by LucasFilm... it's Attatt.
The Collective
AG
Plus, Jeremy wears a blanket as a cape. Should we trust him?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Homeboy needs to go from 10 cups of coffee a day to maybe 5.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
There is going to be an opening crawl, right? If so, can't they address the timeline problem in the opening crawl? It seems like that will take care of the question for at least the semi-intelligent moviegoer.

Interesting question... since this is outside the Episode main Arc; and it's an anthology film, will their be a crawl?
I imagine since it is Star Wars, there will be a crawl.
BMX Bandit
Anyone saying ay tee ay tee is terrible
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I agree with his pronunciation there of AT-AT but did you write it out the best way?
Probably, the people that are wrong will just see @ @.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
in TFA making of some of those people said Kee Low Ren. including Mark Hamill at the table read

yeah.....no.
This annoyed me every time.

In the Ep I documentary, Jake Lloyd says "Corooskunt" when they're actually filming the scene in the homestead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
but it's pretty much set in stone
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Re: the crawl

I honestly doubt there will be one. I think Lucasfilm will do everything they can to set the anthology films apart from the main saga. No John Williams, no crawl, no Star Wars theme.

If there IS one, I think it will be different. It would be interesting to see each anthology film put their own spin on the opening crawl, like maybe have this one appear written on the Death Star or something cool like that?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Homeboy needs to go from 10 cups of coffee a day to maybe 5.
Like I said earlier on, that's an ugly cape, but I like his shirt./RandyGallowayvoice
Chipotlemonger
AG
Didn't the movie trailer have the Star Wars theme? At least some form of it?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It was the Force them on piano played over a slowed-down version of the Imperial March.

But that's probably just for the trailer like TFA used the Han and Leia theme for theirs.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Leia's theme was in TFA iirc when she arrived on Tadonka (sp?), or are you talking about the one from ESB??

Edit: also, I think there will be themes from Williams' work on the ot, but with a decidedly different style/flare
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah. Don't remember them playing it in the movie, but either way, the version in the trailer was made specifically for the trailer. That's my main point.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Most of the music in the trailer was made specifically for the trailer iirc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All of it.
redline248
AG
99.99% chance there is an opening crawl
Duncan Idaho
Duncan Idaho
quote:
99.99% chance there is an opening crawl

I am sure there will be one but part of me wishes there wasnt. I would love for them to set these non-Skywalker films as their own set of stories in the same universe.
redline248
AG
I don't see why it's such a big deal? Every book, game, etc that has the Star Wars title has a crawl.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Some of y'all are overthinking Things.
Simplebay
AG
the SW crawl is 50/50 at this point.

Cons:
1. We dont need a backstory. we've had years of it already. Already know the plot. That's the main reason for doing it, setting the stage.
2. It sets things up for an "epic" feel. This is not supposed to be an epic movie. This is supposed to be a darker, uh oh this isn't going to end well, ala Halo Reach.
3. Throw us right into the mystery. No crawl would automaticlaly have people on edge, jump us into some Bond style action scene with our minds playing catchup.

Pro:
1. Won't feel like a star wars movie without it.
2. They still want to make as much $$$ as possible on this. Maybe it won't be ask dark of a movie as we (hope) expect.
3. See point 1. People want their standard star wars, messing with that formula when you've just had a phenomenon is not a great idea. This is why im terrified of John Williams dying before Episodes 8 and 9 are complete, and don't tell me he won't return.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Dude, this thread is 400+ pages. You just figured this out?
Duncan Idaho
Going off the other crawls, this one would be a summation of the previous movie and would start off with something like

"After the end of the clone wars and the rise of the empire..."

Which would make it seem like this movie is an attempt to shoehorn in another movie into the same same arch and leave people wondering where the hell was Luke and Han and the driods.

Basically I don't think it would add anything but I will be there on opening night regardless
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lucasfilm logo

White screen

S P A C E
Mankind is introduced to the Death Star
Duncan Idaho
I like the idea of a bond type opening scene...cold open even.
wangus12
AG
quote:
We don't need a backstory. we've had years of it already. Already know the plot. That's the main reason for doing it, setting the stage.
Unfortunately, the average movie goer will need a backstory because they aren't all that bright.

quote:
S P A C E
The Final Frontier
These are the voyages of the Death Star
Its mission: To explode strange new worlds, to wipe out all new life and new civilizations, to boldy destroy what no man has destroyed before.

FIFY
LeonardSkinner
quote:
I like the idea of a bond type opening scene...cold open even.

Then get Adele to sing...

"Star Wars... nothing but Star Wars
Gimme those Star Wars, don't let them end..."
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
quote:
Dude, this thread is 400+ pages. You just figured this out?

Good point.
First Page Last Page
Page 407 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.