Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,282 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 3 min ago by The Porkchop Express
scubasteve304
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Who is to say that a force ghost doesn't look like a "hologram-looking ghost"?... its totally ok with me b/c i have no basis to compare what a force ghost is supposed to look like other than what I have seen in the previous films. So why would we expect it to look any different now?
I never said it wasn't "accurate" or that that's not what a Force ghost would look like in that world. You're missing my point completely. I was merely saying that I think Force ghosts - as portrayed in the OT - look stupid. To watch a "ghost" walk around and then sit on a rock is just dumb to me. That's all.
I'm with you TC. I used to laugh at this with my friends that Obi-Wan's force ghost just sits his ass down on a log. It's not really the 70s effect, or the cheesy blue aura...it's that Alec Guinness sits down in such a hokey way to shoot the sh*t that could be so much more awesome if it's just a tad more mysterious and spirit guide-y.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Sure, we will get that right after BES gets his political thriller movie.

Duncan Idaho
I will say that the way they handled the force ghosts in the clone wars wasn't bad. That guy from next of kin was just a voice.
TCTTS
AG
EXACTLY.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, honestly, that's my vote. Voice only.
The Collective
AG
Duncan Idaho
F. You. Mark. F.you
wangus12
AG
Damn. Almost a full minute of screentime
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Simplebay
AG
knew it. trailer tomorrow. holy chit

TCTTS
AG
Will gladly be wrong on this one! Awesome!
TCTTS
AG
Man, Disney is going all-in on Jungle Book, trailer-wise. Good for us!
TCTTS
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
knew it. trailer tomorrow. holy chit

Oh hell yeah!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, curious as well. I hadn't seen ONE WORD - not even a guess - about this anywhere before an hour or so ago.
AgMarauder04
AG
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-teaser-trailer/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I do like how they're starting the marketing literally the day after the TFA blu-ray drops. One door closes, another one opens.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, seriously. I knew they'd wait 'til the Blu-ray was out. I just didn't know it'd literally be the NEXT DAY.
Simplebay
AG
Sometimes I know a guy. Hollywood roots ain't too distant past yet.

haven't yet made out with Sarah Paulsen though.

I like the look of the shot. this trailer supposed to have a much different vibe.

also....good morning America? weird.
TCTTS
AG

quote:

It's on ABC. ABC is owned by...Disney.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
These Stormtroopers seem to be an elite special forces type of soldier, rumored to be called "Death Troopers

Apparently they already canonized the Death Trooper Virus in Star Wars Commander. So are they going to make an appearance here? I'm guessing this rumor is BS. The Star Wars cinematic universe isn't ready for zombies, even if it's the correct time period.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just finished the documentary. Good ****.

Wish it was a lot longer though. The LOTR EE's spoiled me. I could literally watch a day's worth of behind the scenes.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

quote:

Disney owns everything. They're laying the groundwork to become Skynet
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
These Stormtroopers seem to be an elite special forces type of soldier, rumored to be called "Death Troopers

Apparently they already canonized the Death Trooper Virus in Star Wars Commander. So are they going to make an appearance here? I'm guessing this rumor is BS. The Star Wars cinematic universe isn't ready for zombies, even if it's the correct time period.

Most incarnations of black-clad stormtroopers have been called Shadow Troopers.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

quote:

Disney owns everything. They're laying the groundwork to become Skynet

"What is thy bidding, my Master?"
Chipotlemonger
AG
Awesome
redline248
AG

Brahma
So with this teaser coming out today, do we still think we are going to get a full length trailer with civil war? I'd go with yes
TCTTS
AG
This is the trailer that will play with Civil War. Disney isn't going to release two trailers for this movie within four weeks of each other. And just FYI, this isn't a teaser. It's a teaser trailer; likely a minute and a half to two minutes long. We'll get this, MAYBE a little something around Comic-Con in July, and then a full trailer in the fall.
Brahma
Cool! Thanks for the clarification.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'd expect them to release something at Star Wars Celebration in July. With it being only a week away from Comic Con, I wonder what kind of a presence Star Wars will have in San Diego this year
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Most incarnations of black-clad stormtroopers have been called Shadow Troopers.

tell the author that, I was just wondering if they were canonizing death troopers and the virus associated with it. You're probably right though it's likely shadow troopers. Like I said, the SWCU isn't ready for zombies.
The Collective
AG
Looks like I picked a great night to be absent from the internet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.