Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,047 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, I don't think I could wait that long. Plus, there's never going to be a "complete" box set. Because after Episode IX is done, they're just going to start another trilogy. Besides, 1-6 is basically Lucas' complete vision. To me it makes more sense to own that and then collect as they go after.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Because after Episode IX is done, they're just going to start another trilogy.
Because I know everyone is thinking of it, Knights of the Old Republic.

The Collective
AG
So, speaking of Frank Oz, do you think there is a force ghost cameo? There are already so many characters that will need to be covered in VIII... seems like an impossible task to do much else.
TCTTS
AG
I love the idea of Luke communing with a Force-ghost Yoda. Rey comes to Luke for help, Luke is conflicted, seeks Yoda's advice. That said, if they do anything like that, I hope it's done well. When rewatching the OT before TFA, some of the hokiest stuff was how Obi-Wan's Force ghost was used in Empire, where it just looks like a hologram of Obi-Wan walking around, etc. IMO, Force ghosts should either be voice only, or somehow more ethereal in appearance. Not like an angel or anything, but not like a human hologram either. Just something less literal, I guess.
The Collective
AG
I do agree that it was a bit hokey in Empire. I did however like the Obi Wan vision on Hoth... almost like a hallucination.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
At last. Not good for my OCD though...

1-6 not blu-ray. does not compute.
Farmer1906
AG
What is a bluray?
redline248
AG
I wouldn't count on them changing the way force ghosts are portrayed.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, you're probably right. Then I would either leave them out completely, or have Yoda's ghost appear in the shadows. Just as long as he's not a hologram-looking ghost who's walking around and sitting on rocks and all that, I'd be fine with it. So, instead, have him appear in a cave or something where it has a more mysterious vibe.
redline248
AG
I don't understand the issue with the hologram effect, as you call it. You're complaining about an effect developed in 1980.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm fine with it because they're not actually dead. That are literally part of the force.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I would lose my **** if KOTOR was done. Would be way more excited for that than Rogue One, no offense Rogue One fanboys.
TexAgBolter
AG
Whatever meatbag!
The Collective
AG
Watched the documentary on making the movie last night. Very solid.
gravy97
AG
Who is to say that a force ghost doesn't look like a "hologram-looking ghost"?... its totally ok with me b/c i have no basis to compare what a force ghost is supposed to look like other than what I have seen in the previous films. So why would we expect it to look any different now?
Duncan Idaho
I just want them to go far enough back that they aren't limited to that rule of two for the sith.
redline248
AG
Then you basically get Attack of the Clones, but with 1000s of Sith vs 1000s of Jedi, instead of a handful of Jedi vs Droids. Just go back to a time before Darth Bane. Although, I admit seeing a movie of his rise would interest me.

edit: An ancient Sith vs Jedi story could be a literal Star Wars, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
It's probably going to be something about a filming location or a character in the movie, like "Yoda stops by"

or maybe something like "Luke trains Rey,"
Duncan Idaho
I guess I should have been clearer and said "now that they have someone fairly competent at the helm that could make an interesting story aboUT the stuggle between the light and the dark, ....."

I was hoping for something closer to "game of thrones" or dune or any other universe with an interesting game of statesmanship.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
It's probably going to be something about a filming location or a character in the movie, like "Yoda stops by"

or maybe something like "Luke trains Rey,"
Yep, I mean this is the Joker we are talking about here.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I would lose my **** if KOTOR was done. Would be way more excited for that than Rogue One, no offense Rogue One fanboys.
I'm not sure how many Rogue One "fanboys" are out there... we don't even really know much about it. I think most of us are excited that it's not only Star Wars, but the first live action SW movie that isn't a numbered episode.

So no apologies yet... we can argue about which spin-off is better after we get a few of them!
Duncan Idaho
The fact that rogue one isn't a number episode is why I'm looking forward to it.
I hope they make it as gritty as I want it to be
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Darth Vader kicking ass is enough to get my hyped.
hunter2012
AG
Give Christopher Nolan a Darth Bane or Revan trilogy.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Who is to say that a force ghost doesn't look like a "hologram-looking ghost"?... its totally ok with me b/c i have no basis to compare what a force ghost is supposed to look like other than what I have seen in the previous films. So why would we expect it to look any different now?
I never said it wasn't "accurate" or that that's not what a Force ghost would look like in that world. You're missing my point completely. I was merely saying that I think Force ghosts - as portrayed in the OT - look stupid. To watch a "ghost" walk around and then sit on a rock is just dumb to me. That's all.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, with confirmation that the Doctor Strange trailer is debuting next week on Kimmel (and thus will be in theaters with Disney's The Jungle Book next Friday), I'd say that basically solidifies the Rogue One trailer debuting with Civil War in a month. I was a little worried that Disney would instead debut the Doctor Strange trailer with Civil War, and push the Rogue One trailer to mid-summer (with something like The BFG), but it's pretty much set in stone now that in exactly one month, we'll be watching a Rogue One trailer in theaters.
The Collective
AG
It's the quiet before the storm on Rogue One.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Btw, with confirmation that the Doctor Strange trailer is debuting next week on Kimmel (and thus will be in theaters with Disney's The Jungle Book next Friday), I'd say that basically solidifies the Rogue One trailer debuting with Civil War in a month. I was a little worried that Disney would instead debut the Doctor Strange trailer with Civil War, and push the Rogue One trailer to mid-summer (with something like The BFG), but it's pretty much set in stone now that in exactly one month, we'll be watching a Rogue One trailer in theaters.
Duncan Idaho
I would love to see a deer hunter, Rambo or even apocalypse now type movie set in this universe.

Something that deals with the psychological impact of the war. You know that star troopers returning from Hoth were treated more like Vietnam veterans than gulf war veterans
Simplebay
AG
isn't it a little too quiet? Rogue One less than 9 months away..

Feels like The Force Awakens had about a billion things already by this time.
The Collective
AG
Sure, we will get that right after BES gets his political thriller movie.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
isn't it a little too quiet? Rogue One less than 9 months away..

Feels like The Force Awakens had about a billion things already by this time.

Disney just letting VII do its thing in stores now... I think they're taking a much different timeline to the marketing for Rogue One. Makes sense, too. Patience.
Duncan Idaho
The great thing about the brand being under the Disney umbrella is that they could a lower budget "adult" movie and release it as a touchstone film

how awesome would a Wes Anderson star wars movie be.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Sure, we will get that right after BES gets his political thriller movie.

First Page Last Page
Page 394 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.