Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,944 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
You babysat Luke AND Leia, dude.

more like:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Just got a charge on my card from Best Buy for the blu-ray. According to their site, they only charge you once the item ships.
You go with the steel book, or the regular?

Regular. Didn't dig the steelbook too much.
jabberwalkie09
AG

http://cosplay.kotaku.com/bb-8-cosplay-is-cute-enough-to-kill-stars-1767618910
SeattleAgJr
Video comparing scenes from ANH to TFA.

Pretty.... similar.

https://vimeo.com/160263943
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Can we just take a second to appreciate Mark's insanely awesome beard?

1. Who is the chick?
2. His gig line is WAY off....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Came across this on reddit, and it's crazy how much of an improvement this could've been.

https://humaniterations.net/2016/03/26/how-to-fix-the-force-awakens/

In short, have the destruction of the New Republic capital/senate take place in the final act of the movie, during the assault on Starkiller Base. Sun drains, Kylo kills Han, Starkiller fires on the Hosnian system, and the Resistance manages to destroy it, but only after the weapon has already fired.
redline248
AG
If it goes that way, what forces the Resistance into a direct assault? Or, rather, how do they know it's such a powerful enough weapon that they have to risk all their resources to stop it?
The Collective
AG
They could have had Finn communicate more details on the base, perhaps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They'd be trying to prevent the destruction of the capital and senate. They'd have to already know how powerful it is from Finn.

It makes for a better ending, imo. They succeed in their mission, but they fail to save the capital.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I also think we could've used ONE Senate scene, to actually show the audience what is being lost.
redline248
AG
Finn may not know the full extent of the weapon. It's never been fired before. The Resistance might be all, "that's impossible, nothing can do that"
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
I also think we could've used ONE Senate scene, to actually show the audience what is being lost.
If by that you mean they could've been inside the Senate and start to bring up some sort of trade dispute nonsense, then get blown up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Genius.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
not sure you want the audience to cheer when the senate is destroyed
The Collective
AG
I felt like the destruction of the government early in the movie was a head nod to Star Wars fans to just relax... this is going to begin to make things right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is pretty ****ing adorable.

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
This is pretty ****ing adorable.

Kick his ass, BB8!
TCTTS
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/29/adam-driver-star-wars-episode-viii-filming-update
Simplebay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Everyone is gushing about the script. Can't wait for VIII.
TCTTS
AG
Episode VIII somehow feels farther away than Episode VII did at any point after it was announced.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. Not sure why but probably because the announcement was so out of the blue, and it'd already been 7 years since ROTS when they announced the new trilogy.

What is crazy to me is that we've probably seen more about Ep VIII at this point than we have about Rogue One.
TCTTS
AG
My bet is that changes is just over a month.
3rdGen2015
AG
No context needed

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
No context needed

well it's great......except it's not the same light saber the entire time of course.

after ESB his hand is cut off and it is lost....he assembles a new light saber as Vader mentions in ROTJ. In fact there is a deleted scene they released on the BR saga that shows this scene (it was good they cut it because it destroys the unknown element of Luke's intentions entering Jabba's lair).

anyway that light saber is green as he had retrieved instructions from Obi Wans on Tatooine in how to create the crystals (according to the storyboards) which was forbidden at the time.

So this montage includes some scenes of Luke and the green light saber - it's not the same one.

i still give it thumbs up though.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Here is that deleted scene.....Luke's part starts about 1:15 in.

Interestingly (????) for years Mark Hammill insisted that this was untrue and the scenes were never filmed.

hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
No context needed

well it's great......except it's not the same light saber the entire time of course.

after ESB his hand is cut off and it is lost....he assembles a new light saber as Vader mentions in ROTJ. In fact there is a deleted scene they released on the BR saga that shows this scene (it was good they cut it because it destroys the unknown element of Luke's intentions entering Jabba's lair).

anyway that light saber is green as he had retrieved instructions from Obi Wans on Tatooine in how to create the crystals (according to the storyboards) which was forbidden at the time.

So this montage includes some scenes of Luke and the green light saber - it's not the same one.

i still give it thumbs up though.
I only saw one scene and that was contrasting Rey's fight with Kylo to Luke and Vader's
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Like I said still a good video.

They showed it twice at the end. My recollection was I saw it earlier too but in rewatching it was qui gon jinns green saber that time.
3rdGen2015
AG
That's pretty cool, I've never seen that scene before. I hope we get to see Rey making her lightsaber in VIII. I also hope she builds it into her staff.
wangus12
AG
*cough cough*

wanewman

TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark is by far my favorite tweeter.

maca1028
What Bluray edition is everyone going with? I think I'm going to preorder the steel case from Best Buy unless there's a better one that I don't know about.
AliasMan02
AG
Gotta preorder from Target because it has extra interviews with Daisy, who my wife has a huge girlcrush on.
First Page Last Page
Page 385 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.