Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,614 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.superherohype.com/news/368079-even-more-star-wars-episode-viii-set-photos-at-sea#/slide/1
jabberwalkie09
AG
Curious as to what they were filming on a boat driving in circles in what appears to be a bay/cove.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Muck is most likely in the possession of the leader of a massive crime syndicate

Nope, he's with me. And I'm not giving up my favorite decoration.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/368079-even-more-star-wars-episode-viii-set-photos-at-sea#/slide/1
It's great how they're going to all these cool, exotic locations.

Everyone knows I enjoyed the prequels, but it's refreshing to be getting real, physical locations as opposed to doing the whole thing with a green screen like ROTS.

Imagine how much cooler Anakin vs Obi-Wan could've been if they'd actually gone to a real location.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness

Luke vs some rando, Palps vs. Asajj Ventress
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hera is from Rebels. Not surprising that you, or really the majority or people, don't know who she is. Putting a non-force using pilot and rebel against Luke seems kinda stupid.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, it makes sense, it's the first round. They're supposed to be high seeds vs low seeds. The stupid one is Han vs Chewie in round 1.
wangus12
AG
Its all kind of pointless anyways. Its always Obi-Wan/Yoda vs. Darth Vader
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Han may win it this year due to his recent death.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Maybe. Han and Tarkin would make an interesting final IMO.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Just listened to Rey's theme on Pandora...

I think I'm having SW-TFA withdrawals... where can I go see this movie again?!?!?! I NEED IT!!!!

(April 1st on iTunes .... )
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Hera is from Rebels. Not surprising that you, or really the majority or people, don't know who she is. Putting a non-force using pilot and rebel against Luke seems kinda stupid.
She's also from A New Dawn where she meets Kanan Jarrus (aka Caleb Dume)
jabberwalkie09
AG
The withdrawal is real.... I need some more Star Wars in my life in addition to Rebels.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I know, but I figured more people would probably be acquainted with Rebels than A New Dawn which is the prequel of sorts for the show.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Imagine how cool Anakin vs Obi-Wan could've been if they'd actually gone to a real location.

fify. That scene sucked. It was way to long. Looked like crap, had zero tension and ended in the dumbest fashion possible. The only thing worse that the sand soliloquy was the "it's over! I have the high ground"...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Geez, I can't even criticize the prequels without you chiming in.
Chipotlemonger
AG
"Dignitaries" in the set photos?

Alert alert!
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Geez, I can't even criticize the prequels without you chiming in.

You weren't harsh enough
TCTTS
AG
Film School Rejects / "18 Things We Learned From The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Documentary"
The Collective
AG
quote:
When Janet Pierson brought J.J. Abrams on stage for the intro, she didn't announce his name. She simply said, "I've brought along a special guest," acting under the assumption that an audience filled with Star Wars fans would know who J.J. Abrams is. I ended up sitting in front of one such person who was unaware. "Who is this?" the man asked the person next to him. "Did he write Star Wars?"

wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
Mr. White
Read the tweets of the guy mentioned in the above story. He's 99% illiterate or crazy. Not sure which.
Flashdiaz
AG

ummm, where's Leai's hand??
Dro07
AG
Checking his dipstick for oil obviously
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Empire Magazine tweeted to John Boyega inviting him over for birthday cake. He went.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Apparently filming in Dubrovnik has finished.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Apparently filming in Dubrovnik has finished.

So, I'm going to guess that it was pretty much one really short scene.
jabberwalkie09
AG
That'd be my guess.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'm about to go "cold" on VIII news and updates. Starting to figure too much.
TheDoctor
AG
Boyega is awesome.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, how can that even be? I seek this stuff out more than anyone and I couldn't even come close to describing a single scene from the movie. We literally know nothing. The set pictures we've seen so far haven't even featured a main cast member.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Boyega is awesome.
He sure is. He seems to be taking the Robert Downey Jr approach, embracing the "fame", embracing the experience, and just being all out awesome.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
Boyega is awesome.
He sure is. He seems to be taking the Robert Downey Jr approach, embracing the "fame", embracing the experience, and just being all out awesome.

Yeah I don't understand how you could help bUT be like that especially if you don't have kids or are a complete method actor and are preparing for a role.

It just seem slide it was be so much more fun making people say than being a ****
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:
Boyega is awesome.

Yeah I don't understand how you could help bUT be like that especially if you don't have kids or are a complete method actor and are preparing for a role.

It just seem slide it was be so much more fun making people say than being a ****
just think how it will be by the time of the third movie... he will not be able to go ANYWHERE without some fan coming up to him.

I am sure at some point it quits being fun all the time....

First Page Last Page
Page 381 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.