Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,311 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 9 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
random thought about The Force Awakens.

After Han finds the Falcon, he tells Finn and Rey that he was able to track them fairly easily. Which is how he found them and why they needed to go to Maz's to get a new ship.
-- then they take the Falcon to sneak onto starkiller planet.
-- then they take the Falcon to Luke's super secret hideout.

So either Han was full of **** and just said that as an excuse to go talk with Maz or Han turned off the 'Find My Falcon' app.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
It will be interesting to have a Star Wars film do this. All the other trilogy films had a gap between them. Looks like we are in for some Jedi training then. But on the flip side, if she's busy with training with Luke that leaves more time for Phasma hunting Finn and Poe.

I bet we get some parallels with Empire, where Rey wants to leave and help Finn, but Luke says she isn't ready.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
random thought about The Force Awakens.

After Han finds the Falcon, he tells Finn and Rey that he was able to track them fairly easily. Which is how he found them and why they needed to go to Maz's to get a new ship.
-- then they take the Falcon to sneak onto starkiller planet.
-- then they take the Falcon to Luke's super secret hideout.

So either Han was full of **** and just said that as an excuse to go talk with Maz or Han turned off the 'Find My Falcon' app.

Han just had a beacon on the Falcon that lit up when it was powered on. No reason anyone else would get the alert.
Cyprian
AG
quote:
quote:
Who's the little boy?
the next Anakin, they're having an hour long flashback to Episode 1 in the next Star Wars movie.
Hopefully we get some more detailed information about the Senate debates.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Hopefully we get some more detailed information about the Senate debates.

Brian is hoping Episode VIII is just a DVR of Star Wars CSPAN.
Malachi Constant
AG
Yes, it makes me really wonder about the opening crawl.

STAR WARS
EPISODE VIII: THE JEDI AWAKENS

REMEMBER WHERE WE WERE RIGHT AT
THE END OF EPISODE VII? LETS GO BACK
LIVE TO LUKE SKYWALKER AND REY.

OH BY THE WAY, PHASMA IS ALIVE AND
SO IS FINN. AND YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE
JUST WHO SNOKE IS!

The Collective
AG
I stand by some sort of flashback to the scene where TFA ended.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
It will be interesting to have a Star Wars film do this. All the other trilogy films had a gap between them. Looks like we are in for some Jedi training then. But on the flip side, if she's busy with training with Luke that leaves more time for Phasma hunting Finn and Poe.

I bet we get some parallels with Empire, where Rey wants to leave and help Finn, but Luke says she isn't ready.

I have little doubt that will happen, but I wonder how Luke will try to persuade her to finish her training.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

I think that's possible, probably have a minor time skip and backfill that time for Rey with a flashback to then.
Chipotlemonger
AG
While it may open exactly where VII left off, it may not continue the movie in that time frame. There could be a montage or a time skip ahead in VIII.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
While it may open exactly where VII left off, it may not continue the movie in that time frame. There could be a montage or a time skip ahead in VIII.

I'm thinking we see the meeting, then Daisy wakes up and had been dreaming about how her training started.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:

I'm beginning to think this. <10-15 minutes in the start of the next movie in TFA time frame. Then skipping a while chronologically.
The Collective
AG
It would be awesome if they started at that scene and then went to the crawl. People would be so ******* pissed. It would be brilliant troll work.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
It would be awesome if they started at that scene and then went to the crawl. People would be so ******* pissed. It would be brilliant troll work.

I don't think that's impossible.
Chipotlemonger
AG
They've got a lot of wiggle room, which can be good or bad!
The Collective
AG
quote:
I don't think that's impossible.

TCTTS
AG
Here's what I'm putting my money on...

Remember in the third Bourne movie, where halfway through we realize it's actually been running parallel to the second Bourne movie? There's that moment in New York, with Joan Allen's character, and it's like, "Oh sh*t, this is the final scene of the last movie!" Well, imagine that on a much smaller scale...

We get the opening crawl, pan down to a ship or planet in space, per usual, and then maybe it take us a couple minutes, but there will be that moment where we realize what we're watching is happening either parallel to or maybe even before the climax of The Force Awakens. We could be seeing another part of the action from a different point of view - or maybe we're seeing some other simultaneous event on the other side of the galaxy. Who knows, maybe we're seeing where Snoke actually was during TFA's climax, or maybe e're introduced to someone like Benicio Del Toro's character hearing that Starkiller base has just been destroyed. Whatever the scene is, it sets up something previously unbeknownst to us, and then bam, cut to: Rey handing Luke the lightsaber.

I honestly don't see how else they could do it. There's NO WAY we don't get an opening crawl in space. If they were going to diverge from that, they would have done so in TFA. And by default, if the second (or third or fourth or whatever) scene of the movie is picking up exactly where we left off, what comes before that basically has to have happened parallel to something we've already seen, which could actually be really, really cool if done right.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Key word: IF.
TCTTS
AG
I've seen a few guesses that Del Toro could be playing the mentor who completes Kylo Ren's training. So what if the opening scene is as simple as seeing Snoke deliver that final hologram message to Hux in TFA, but this time we're with Snoke? We pan down from the crawl, get a brief glimpse of Snoke's lair/base or whatever, see him deliver that message, then he turns to Del Toro's character and is basically like, "Find Kylo Ren and finish what we started" kind of vibe. The chances of that actually being the scene are obviously a million to one, but that general idea is all I'm talking about. Just seeing something again, but from a different point of view. Then again, they could definitely get more elaborate if they wanted...
dave99ag
AG
quote:

Did you say montage?

Rex Racer
AG
quote:
I've seen a few guesses that Del Toro could be playing the mentor who completes Kylo Ren's training. So what if the opening scene is as simple as seeing Snoke deliver that final hologram message to Hux in TFA, but this time we're with Snoke? We pan down from the crawl, get a brief glimpse of Snoke's lair/base or whatever, see him deliver that message, then he turns to Del Toro's character and is basically like, "Find Kylo Ren and finish what we started" kind of vibe. The chances of that actually being the scene are obviously a million to one, but that general idea is all I'm talking about. Just seeing something again, but from a different point of view. Then again, they could definitely get more elaborate if they wanted...
A different point of view?
TCTTS
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
This TCTTS

"so what i told you was true from a certain point of view"
The Collective
AG
quote:
A different point of view?

Is this a Star Wars joke? Do you mean, a certain point of view?
Simplebay
AG
if they skip the opening crawl Rian Johnson should immediately be fired.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TC not getting Star Wars references.

Edit: Ok, it was a misquote to be fair.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, you know how I feel about the prequels. I've blocked every line of dialogue from my memory. That, and, like you said, it wasn't even the same quote.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not from the prequels.

TCTTS
AG
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Not from the prequels.

Isn't it in both?

Looked it up. Not quite.

TCTTS
AG
I knew I wasn't crazy. Still, I feel like Anakin says, "from a certain point of view" somewhere else in either II or III.
SwigAg11
AG
The circle is now complete?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Preview clip for Wednesday's Star Wars Rebels.

M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
I knew I wasn't crazy. Still, I feel like Anakin says, "from a certain point of view" somewhere else in either II or III.
Palpatine says "good is a point of view" earlier in the III.

Am I the only one that has every line of dialogue in Star Wars memorized? lol
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ive probably got 85% of the dialogue down. I'm fuzziest on ROTJ.
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.