Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,619 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FYI, the Aurabesh under the logo says...
"go rouge"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

I dig it.
Saxsoon
AG
I actually like the senate. My favorite scifi deals with the politics of the future. I would like to see some fallout of destroying an intergalactic senate rather than gloss it over. That would be incredibly lazy story telling
redline248
AG
Maybe so, but exactly 2 people in the world would care. You and BES
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The original trilogy revolves around bringing down the evil Empire. Now that the Empire is gone, show us how the Republic is different. We need to at least see the Republic functioning (or failing to) to understand the difference the Rebel victory made. Otherwise thr "victory" in Jedi just feels hollow.

I'm not saying to spend half the movie in the Senate, but at least have one scene to show us how this new government functions, and the consequences of the destruction of the capital and Starkiller Base.
The Collective
AG
Well, I'm going to do this Imax Dome experience. Here goes nothing.
redline248
AG
I feel like 30 years later is a little late to tell us how the new republic got to the point of ignoring the rise of the first order. Now, I don't mind a little dialog about how the member worlds regroup/respond, but I don't think anything more than a short scene is required.
TexAgBolter
AG
So, why hasn't a movie had a bluray pre order that gives you access to the digital release yet, because I would be all over that?
TexasAggies06
AG
quote:
OK, that logo has me sold. I want that on a poster. Now.
Tattoo or GTFO
tamusc
AG
quote:
So, why hasn't a movie had a bluray pre order that gives you access to the digital release yet, because I would be all over that?

Because they know they can get people like us to buy it twice just so we can have the digital copy a few weeks early.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
512Ag
AG
quote:
http://i.imgur.com/7JjYxkN.png

Gimme that.
Mr. White
quote:

The greatest bag since American Beauty
Ag Since 83
AG
AliasMan02
AG
That was a great moment.
The Collective
AG
Lucky bastage.
SwigAg11
AG
Who's the little boy?
Ag Since 83
AG
Jacob Tremblay. The kid from Room.

Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Who's the little boy?
the next Anakin, they're having an hour long flashback to Episode 1 in the next Star Wars movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, I think TFA deserved the visual effects Oscar. Everyone expected it to go to Mad Max if not TFA, but Ex Machina is a little crazy.

Fantastic little movie and very good effects, but nowhere near the level of difficulty of TFA. There was basically one character who was partially CGI the whole movie, as opposed to entire scenes being made in a computer.
COOL LASER FALCON
The effects for Force Awakens were pretty disappointing, imo. For all the talk of focusing on practical effects, there was a lot of forced/ not great CGI (mostly Maz).
The Collective
AG
quote:
the next Anakin, they're having an hour long flashback to Episode 1 in the next Star Wars movie.

I'd believe him as Kylo's son.
TajMaballer
AG
Tremblay telling Chris Rock, "I loved you in Madagascar" was amazing.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Lucky bastage.

I might actually be in love with Daisy.
Duncan Idaho
Nm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
The effects for Force Awakens were pretty disappointing, imo. For all the talk of focusing on practical effects, there was a lot of forced/ not great CGI (mostly Maz).
Maz looked great.
The Collective
AG
As someone who just saw TFA on a gigantic screen, I really don't get the complaints over Maz.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Maz was actually pretty good IMO. The weak cgi complaints have mostly been around the creatures on Han's freighter from what I have read. Everything except those creatures was pretty damn good, and pretty detailed IMO.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Maz was actually pretty good IMO. The weak cgi complaints have mostly been around the creatures on Han's freighter from what I have read. Everything except those creatures was pretty damn good, and pretty detailed IMO.

Yep. If they could have reworked that scene somehow without the creatures, it would have made the movie better imo.
OnlyForNow
AG
Agree with the above.

They just seemed like a strange unecessary plot point, along with the two pirate crews.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Agree with the above.

They just seemed like a strange unecessary plot point, along with the two pirate crews.

Well, they had to force them off the ship and on to the Falcon. What better way to do that than man eating monsters. Then once again, Han had to go to the resistance, and it helps that they are friendly considering people wanted his head.
TCTTS
AG
Daisey Ridley confirms that Episode VIII opens exactly where VII left off. There were questions earlier as to whether the footage we've seen in the production announcement was actually from Episode VIII or not. When it comes to getting answers like this, I've noticed that Josh Horowitz has this particular line of questioning mastered, where he assumes the answer to his question in the phrasing and let's the subject basically confirm it or not with their answer...

http://www.mtv.com/news/2746869/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-viii-rey-luke/
jabberwalkie09
AG
It will be interesting to have a Star Wars film do this. All the other trilogy films had a gap between them. Looks like we are in for some Jedi training then. But on the flip side, if she's busy with training with Luke that leaves more time for Phasma hunting Finn and Poe.
AliasMan02
AG
Another bold departure from the Star Wars formula.
First Page Last Page
Page 370 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.