Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,439 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sitting in the theater and the film starts at 10, but I'm ****ing tired of the Melanie Martinez tour commercial. I've never heard of this person, and I'm already tired of her singing from what little I've heard.

TFA can't start soon enough.....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Need a few rewatches, ,but for now

Esb
Anh
Tfa
Rots
Rotj
Tpm
Aotc
twilly
AG
Waiting in the lobby for the midnight screening.

I just finished watching a new STAR WARS movie with my son. My heart is warm and my smile is wide.

Soak it in when you go. This is a seriously good flick!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Need a few rewatches, ,but for now

Esb
Anh
Tfa
Rots
Rotj
Tpm
Aotc
Oh man... it's way too early for that with only 1 watch... but I think my order is as follows:

ROTJ
Empire
TFA
A New Hope
ROTS
Phantom Menace
AOTC

Although all 3 originals will never be topped in terms of my childhood memories, TFA is right up there.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
Waiting in the lobby for the midnight screwing.

I just finished watching a new STAR WARS movie with my son. My heart is warm and my smile is wide.

Soak it in when you go. This is a seriously good flick!

Uh... What kind of theater are you at?
Urban Ag
AG
Man, so good to be hearing that this is pretty much as good as we hoped it could be. Also, I enjoy reading your reactions and really appreciate folks keeping it spoiler free. I don't see it until Sunday night and I don't want to know anything more than what the trailers and tv spots have shown. Glad y'all enjoyed it.
wangus12
AG
I'll go out on a limb here. I didn't have a chance to see ESB in the theaters until today so TFA gains some extra credit on that alone for me.

ESB=TFA
ANH
ROTJ
ROTS
TPM
AOTC
wangus12
AG
Also I've had the dumbest grin on my face since I left the theater. I told my gf it felt like the best sex I'd ever had. Luckily she took that as a challenge
Urban Ag
AG
quote:
Also I've had the dumbest grin on my face since I left the theater. I told my gf it felt like the best sex I'd ever had. Luckily she took that as a challenge
Tell her she needs to hit it like 1983 Carrie Fisher on a cocaine and Stoli bender.
TCTTS
AG
Phasma in the house...

wanewman
So many moments of applause! Amazing!
InternetFan02
AG
There will never be another Empire strikes back.

Harrison ford in his prime
Biggest plot twist ever

This one is in comfortably in the 2-4 zone
Farmer1906
AG
Sooooo good. Second to only Empire and its just because of the plot twist. You cannot replicate that.
birdman
Wow! What a movie. Abrams and Disney absolutely hit it out of the park.

I'll need to watch it several more times. But first impression, it's the best film of the seven. It also might make my top 5 favorite films of all time. It really is sensational.

But that could be the buzz from seeing a truly great movie from awesome franchise. When that wears off, I can reevaluate. It's up there with Star Wars and Empire.
Donald Glover
AG
So I've slept around 7 hours in the last 48 hours due to finals and the marathon, but I can't go to sleep cause I just watched one of the best movies I've ever seen
tremble
AG
#2 after ESB for me. Just great all around.
TexAgBolter
AG
Wow! That was fun! Thank you JJ!

Also, Daniel Fleetwood's widow was introduced to the crowd before our showing. Really neat. (Santikos IMAX Tomball).
wangus12
AG
quote:
So I've slept around 7 hours in the last 48 hours due to finals and the marathon, but I can't go to sleep cause I just watched one of the best movies I've ever seen
Sam here. I have work at 630 and I cannot slow down from this. Really should have just got back in line
tremble
AG
This is how I feel.

tremble
AG
DP
jr15aggie
AG
Yeah man... hard to post in the spoiler thread cause I think we all feel like throwing up tons of information and we all have so many questions about things going forward in Ep VIII. It's a lot to process. This thread is much better... we don't talk details, we just talk about how good we feel having watched a really great movie.

Forget Star Wars... this was a FANTASTIC sci-fi flick in it's own right. The fact that it's a Star Wars flick with Han Friggin Solo & Co. puts it over the top.

I hope we aren't getting people too hyped that haven't seen it. After all, it's just a movie... but man it was good. I think I said this in the other thread... it really makes the prequels feel like ugly stepchildren even more now IMO. This one fits so well with the originals and the prequels stick out like a sore thumb.
The Collective
AG
Liked it a lot. I need to process it a bit more before rating it against others or delving into the plot on the other thread.
AMW2010
AG
Jackass2004
AG
****ing people man
cr0wbar
AG
He did it. JJ did it guys. It was glorious. Enjoy it tomorrow night wow wow
jr15aggie
AG
Be weary of other boards... The nerdery has a spoiler posted in the thread title. The D-bags are out in force already. It sucks!
mazag08
AG
I'm literally only doing watch list theads until I see it.
MandoArms
Finally seated in the theatre!!! Can't wait to join everyone in the discussion thread! See you all on the other side!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My thoughts, with no spoilers:

What else can be said really? JJ did it. He brought Star Wars back. He managed to perfectly capture the spirit of the original, and yet it never felt overly fan-servicy. It was a delicate balance of nostalgia, and of new elements/characters, and he pulled it off beautifully.

So many moments of applause in my theater (introductions of all our old characters, first shot of the Falcon, etc.)

I have a lot of thoughts, so I'll just make bulletpoints.

- So many questions left unanswered. (Not a complaint.)

- Small complaint about the score - It definitely felt like Williams the whole time, but I am slightly disappointed there was no instantly recognizable and hummable new theme, ie. a Duel of the Fates or an Imperial March. However, GREAT use of the old themes.

- Absolutely LOVED the new characters, Rey and Kylo especially. Amazing casting.

- When was the last time you got out of a Star Wars movie and couldn't wait to see the next one? I enjoyed the prequels, but I never had that feeling coming out of those movies. Not the case here. Luckily, we only have to wait a year and a half for Episode VIII.

Definitely need a few more rewatches. This one moves really fast, and I feel like I need at least another viewing to really soak it all in. Planning to go again on Saturday.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
- Small complaint about the score - It definitely felt like Williams the whole time, but I am slightly disappointed there was no instantly recognizable and hummable new theme, ie. a Duel of the Fates or an Imperial March. However, GREAT use of the old themes.
There were subtle hints in the score to older themes and some not so subtle, but what I want to comment on is in regards to the track I linked a couple of days ago. There are cues from that particular track that surface throughout the film. I have a feeling that particular cue will be used frequently, as will The Force theme.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just read that Fandango announced that TFA has now sold more tickets than any other movie in their entire theatrical run.

http://deadline.com/2015/12/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ticket-record-fandango-1201668739/
jabberwalkie09
AG
That actually doesn't surprise me. I am sure that are lots (myself included) that bought tickets tonight to see it. Plus this is probably the most anticipated film that I can remember, lots of interest and nostalgia.
oldschool87
AG
OK so I have a question don't shoot me. But was this according to the book was this movie produced and shot like it was supposed to be? It seem to be a lot like the original Star Wars almost just a complete remake of episode four.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure what book you're talking about, but JJ and Kasdan threw out the entire story and started from scratch a decent amount of time into development of the story.
jabberwalkie09
AG
delete-wrong thread
First Page Last Page
Page 334 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.