Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,621 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You should be able to edit the title..
birdman
Just six hours left.
Quinn
AG
Thread titles can only be edited before the first reply to the thread. The thread title for this thread can no longer be edited.
The Collective
AG
Yea, I was suggesting getting a mod to do it. At this point, people will just need to figure it out. Maybe it will get better tomorrow. I can't wait to hit that spoiler thread myself.
The Collective
AG
Any costumed people out there yet, Spilner?
MandoArms
Speaking of costumes, I was disappointed that only a handful of costumes were present last night at the Rahr Wars tasting.

They did have a Wookie walking around so that was pretty cool.
TCTTS
AG
Just happened upon six extra tickets in 2D tonight!!! Same exact time/theater as we already had, but ours were for 3D. What a glorious day!!!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
quote:
DO NOT TYPE KYLO REN INTO GOOGLE

The google auto guess what you're searching just gave me what appears to be a huge freaking spoiler.

I'M ****ING PISSED.
Probably the same spoiler I heard at lunch. I feel the same way! I've pretty much stuck to this thread and haven't googled anything. Loud mouth in the booth next to us just blurts it out!
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
DO NOT TYPE KYLO REN INTO GOOGLE

The google auto guess what you're searching just gave me what appears to be a huge freaking spoiler.

I'M ****ING PISSED.
Probably the same spoiler I heard at lunch. I feel the same way! I've pretty much stuck to this thread and haven't googled anything. Loud mouth in the booth next to us just blurts it out!
I guess I'm just a dumbass. Sorry, bud.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best 50 Things About Revenge of the Sith

1) The opening drums
2) The opening long shot, best thing about the PT
3) Temeura Morrison as the clones
4) Spring the trap
5) Palpy's tongue in cheek "he's a sith lord!"
6) Anakin holding the red blade for the first time
7) The echo of the Tusken scream when Palpy mentions the Sand People
8) "We lost something"
9) Anakin's face when Padme says she's pregnant; the same face every guy ever has made when his wife says that.
10) Obi-Wan on the Jedi Council, for some reason that never occurred to me before the movie
11) Congrats Anakin, you're on the Jedi Council, kinda, but not really
12) Palpy calling Anakin "Son"
13) The appearance of Utapau, from the original Star Wars screenplay
14) Kashyykk fully realized, with the fury of 5 billion Wookiees, although what exactly the objective was, who knows?
15) Palpatine's tale of Darth Plageuis
16) Palpatine's revelation to Anakin and that smirk on his face
17) Palpatine, with a lightsaber at his neck, feeling the dark side in Anakin (that sounds a little gross)
18) The group shot of Mace, Kit, Saesee, and Eeth Koth striding into Palpatine's office and lighting up the sabers.
19) I AM THE SENATE
20) Palpatine with his saber lit for the first time
21) Windu smashing the window, should have held Palpatine yell, "You're paying for that!"
22) UN LIMITED POWER
23) Obi-Wan dropping the giant crate on the Magna Guards
24) Obi-Wan making GG a his beetch, which is what he should do as a Jedi Masters vs. a friggin robot.
25) The clone troops arrive on Utapau
26) Obi Wan tells Tion Medon, "IF you have warriors, the time is now"
27) Watching a Jedi Knight ride a dragon
28) Execute Order 66
29) The visuals of the battle where Ki Adi Mundi gets killed; one of my favorite levels of Battlefront
30) Yoda feels the death of the Jedi in the Force and drops his cane
31) Yoda decapitates the 2 troopers sent to kill him at once; not sure why those guys needed to walk within 1 foot of Yoda to shoot him with guns, but hey, George Lucas gonna Lucas
32) Vader and the clones marching on the Jedi Temple
33) The Order 66 music
34) Jett Lucas vs. clone troopers
35) Yoda's theme plays as he leaves Kashyykk.
36) Obi-Wan & Yoda fighting clones outside the Temple, one of my favorite "hero shots" of the whole PT, and the only time we see Yoda fighting alongside someone else.
37) The boy you trained, gone he is, consumed, by Darth Vader.
38) Obi-Wan telling Padme "I'm so sorry"
39) Nute Gunray begging for his sorry ass life.
40) Yoda owning the Emperor's red guards - best laugh of the movie
41) Palpatine's first burst of lightning knocking Yoda on his ass.
42) The sun shining briefly on Mustafar as Obi-Wan says "only a sith deals in absolutes"
43) Anakin on fire, screaming and full of rage
44) Sidious drunk on the dark side hurling Senate pods at Yoda
45) The look of determination on Yoda's face when he turns the lightning back on Sidious
46) The laugh I couldn't suppress in the theater thinking about Bail Organa and Yoda cruising around Coruscant together in a convertible speeder.
47) The finality of the helmet coming down on Vader's head, and the red vision coming online, giving new meaning to Anakin's "Let me look upon you with my own eyes".
48) Tarkin!
49) That gorgeous look at Alderaan. Why didn't we go there in the PT? really hopeful Rogue One gives us a look.
50) Knew it was coming, but Obi-Wan giving Luke to Beru/Owen
Jason Ag
AG
quote:
Just happened upon six extra tickets in 2D tonight!!! Same exact time/theater as we already had, but ours were for 3D. What a glorious day!!!

I haven't ever seen a 3D movie, heck the last movie I saw in a theatre was Marley and Me. Sounds like you prefer 2D, why is that? (For a novice movie goer.)
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

I haven't ever seen a 3D movie, heck the last movie I saw in a theatre was Marley and Me. Sounds like you prefer 2D, why is that? (For a novice movie goer.)
I';; chime in for 3d. To me the picture looks crisper and adds another element to seeing movies. For some they don't agree and see it as an annoyance.
TCTTS
AG
Basically, I hate wearing the glasses and I hate how dim the image looks.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Sounds like you like the whole movie, dude.
I skipped the entire sequence on Naboo except for mentioning the scenery.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
I saw in a theatre was Marley and Me.

There were a couple of scenes in Marley and Me I would have liked to have seen in 3D.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Basically, I hate wearing the glasses and I hate how dim the image looks.
That is a good point. The brights and whites aren't as good with the glasses on. And with how dark some movies already are (I can't stand that), they can be a pain for those.
jr15aggie
AG
Was planning on showing up around 4... Went at noon to print my tickets and the dang line had already started! So I ate lunch and here I've been sitting for about an hour now! But hey, that's why I chose opening night, for the experience.

I'm like number 20 or 30 in line... It begins!
TCTTS
AG
http://qz.com/576684/thanks-to-star-wars-we-know-what-movie-tickets-look-like-pretty-much-everywhere-in-the-world/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hasn't been the best day. Been raining all day, which put a damper on the 2 mile hike through the streets of nyc. Should've just taken the subway. Also, apparently these shoes give me blisters.

But I'm watching Star Wars in four hours, so nothing will ruin this day.

Currently sitting on a bench in the lobby of the theater since walking outside sucks right now. I'm surprised how few people are here, but it's still very early. Will report once the costumed nerds start showing up.
mazag08
AG
quote:
Hasn't been the best day. Been raining all day, which put a damper on the 2 mile hike through the streets of nyc. Should've just taken the subway. Also, apparently these shoes give me blisters.

But I'm watching Star Wars in four hours, so nothing will ruin this day.

Currently sitting on a bench in the lobby of the theater since walking outside sucks right now. I'm surprised how few people are here, but it's still very early. Will report once the costumed nerds start showing up.
Translation..

"I'll let you guys know after I've put on my costume!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looks like there might be a signing. No idea who.
Farmer1906
AG
And you're first in line.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Will report once the costumed nerds start showing up.

As opposed to the nerds who get there 4 hours early
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm getting heat from the guy who wrote a 100 page episode 3 fanfic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two news teams are setting up.
twilly
AG
quote:
Looks like there might be a signing. No idea who.
http://i.imgur.com/zGYgdkM.jpg
It's not a signing. Looks like a place to get all the opening night memorabilia.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I'm getting heat from the guy who wrote a 100 page episode 3 fanfic.
and I'm getting it from a guy who posted a selfie of himself pretending to be a Sith Lord on Texags today

I'm off to take my daughters out of school early and take them to the Force Fest at Memorial City Mall in Houston (wife not happy, don't care).

You guys enjoy your early showing, I'll be there tomorrow night with my dad and brother, just like in 1977, 1980, 1983, 1999, 2002, and 2005.

Farmer1906
AG
Google "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away"
jr15aggie
AG
Less than 4 hours now and I've avoided all spoilers.... Mission accomplished!
SapperAg
AG
quote:
Less than 4 hours now and I've avoided all spoilers.... Mission accomplished!
Movie hasn't started and you're claiming mission accomplished?

George W... is that you?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Line had been formed for the non reserved theaters a while ago. Hadn't noticed.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First Jedi robe spotted.
TCTTS
AG
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-force-awakens-rey-daisy-ridley-episode-8-rogue-one-felicity-jones-1201664087/
birdman
About three hours until showtime. I'm going radio silent.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ton of security around the Atmos theater below the IMAX. Asked about it and the guy says there's a celebrity screening in that theater.
First Page Last Page
Page 331 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.