Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,917 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He said it was just the opening line of the crawl, so I can't imagine it was too spoilerish.
mazag08
AG
quote:
He said it was just the opening line of the crawl, so I can't imagine it was too spoilerish.

"A long time ago.."?
twilly
AG
No, it was the first line of crawl text below THE FORCE AWAKENS.
It was a pretty relevant detail.
The Collective
AG
I think that theoretically isn't part of the crawl. So, for Star Wars, it'd be:

"It is a period of civil war."
The Collective
AG
quote:

Damn. Abrams isn't messing around if he is hitting us with the first line out of the gate. I'm even more excited now than I was one hour ago.
InnerCityAg
quote:

What a chode smoker. Why would anyone think that is a good idea to post? And why the F would some othe pole smoker quote it?
mazag08
AG
Not saying anything about you guys.. and its definitely crappy to post that.. but I think I could get over that pretty quickly.
InnerCityAg
Luckily I missed it, so I wouldn't know. But still.
The Collective
AG
RT at 200 critic reviews and 95%.
HowdyAgs03
AG
Good gosh. I didn't see the other thread and I even provided a spoiler warning. It was the second, third, and part of the fourth word after the title. It was up less then four minutes tops.
InnerCityAg
quote:
Good gosh. I didn't see the other thread and I even provided a spoiler warning. It was the second, third, and part of the fourth word after the title. It was up less then four minutes tops.

Go back to the General Board
The Collective
AG
quote:

I THINK we're all having fun here, but now, I'm not so sure...
Texaggie7nine
Didn't really spoil anything for me. It was pretty much a given assumption from the very plot summary TFA has put out.

But please no pics of any part of that movie.
7nine
AMW2010
AG
..... Who knew..... Lady thinks Darth Vader is racist.... Makes ya wanna punch her threw your screen!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/14/msnbc-host-melissa-harris-perry-star-wars-racist-because-darth-vader-black
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I shoulda worn ear protection. I just overheard a major spoiler at lunch. Dammit! Don't worry I won't repeat it, but what should've probably been a ZOMG NO WAY moment for me is now just gonna be like "Duh..." I should've just sequestered myself at home.
bangobango
AG
quote:
..... Who knew..... Lady thinks Darth Vader is racist.... Makes ya wanna punch her threw your screen!

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/12/14/msnbc-host-melissa-harris-perry-star-wars-racist-because-darth-vader-black
That is the same dumb ***** who said you shouldn't say somebody works hard because they didn't work that hard compared to how hard slaves used to work.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ticket is in hand. Five hours to go.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was there a spoiler posted? That pisses me off. Hope they get a perma.
InnerCityAg
quote:
I shoulda worn ear protection. I just overheard a major spoiler at lunch. Dammit! Don't worry I won't repeat it, but what should've probably been a ZOMG NO WAY moment for me is now just gonna be like "Duh..." I should've just sequestered myself at home.

Do you work with HowdyAgs03?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Best 50 Things About Attack of the Clones

1) The opening shot goes up, instead of down, until you realize the ship was actually upside down.
2) Fog on Corsucant, neat effect
3) Mace Windu's throwaway line about Master Kenobi settling a border dispute on Ansion. I had finished reading the EU novel about that dispute the day before I saw the movie.
4) We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers
5) Gundark reference
6) Obi-Wan's reprimand of snot-nosed Anakin
7) Zam Wessell's cool car
8) Jango! Love that armor tone
9) Padme in a night gown, yes please
10) Handmaiden Rose Byrne
11) Obi-Wan throws himself out a window - uh who's the reckless Jedi now, Ben?
12) The neon sign outside the club with the zillion different alien faces jabbering
13) To get a drink
14) You don't want to cell me deathsticks
15) Obi-Wan "disarms" Zam
16) Anakin flashes a little Dark Side impatience while questioning Zam Wessell
17) The Jedi Archives, very cool place, and Jocasta Nu - a Jedi Librarian
18) Dex! Really good clip of Ewan McGregor's enjoyment of acting with the guy who provided his voice on the AOTC DVD.
19) Anakin & mentor Palpy, and the line "I forsee you becoming the greatest of all Jedi ... even more powerful than Master Yoda." SO FRUSTRATING. 5 more scenes like this and it's a totally different trilogy.
20) Yoda teaching class. Gorgeous music
21) The hyperspace hookup that Obi-Wan uses for his Jedi Starfighter
22) The scenery in the lake country on Naboo, all real, amazingly gorgeous
23) Padme in the blue dress
24) Padme in the black choker thing, good night!
25) Anakin using the Force to hand Padme a piece of fruit, because if I had the FOrce, I'd be doing crap like that every day
26) Obi-Wan's improv with the Kaminoans "That's why I'm here!"
27) The music when Obi-Wan sees all the clones getting their white armor that we know so well
28) Obi-Wan's apartment conversation with Jango Fett. Proof of what two really good actors can do, even with mediocre dialogue.
29) Mace Windu's line "I believe it is time to inform the Senate that our ability to use the Force has diminished." Great line - wish they had explored that, or the Jedis' arrogance more.
30) Obi-Wan vs. Jango in the rain, great fight, very innovative, one of my favorite scenes of the PT
31) The asteroid chance between Obi-Wan and Slave I, I love that JANG! noise the sonic charges made.
32) Watto, 10 years later, still on hard times after blowing it on Boonta Eve.
33) Anakin using some actual menace in threatening Watto, a rare good acting job by HC
34) The Lars Homestead!
35) "I won't be long" - great music, followed by Anakin's duel of the fates speeder ride.
36) Tuskens bring a gaffi stick to a laser sword fight
37) I slaughtered them like animals!
38) Obi-Wan captured in the force field
39) Count Dooku tells Obi-Wan the truth, Obi-Wan doesn't believe him
40) This party's over
41) Jango ices the Jedi (Trebor Coleman?) who tries to take out Dooku
42) Yoda in an aircraft, surrounded by clone troopers, saving the day
43) Mace tells Jango, that's no way to get ahead in life.
44) Dooku puts Anakin on his ass with Force Lightning
45) Obi-Wan catches Dooku's lightning on his blade, fantastic!
46) Anakin uses 2 lightsabers ... for 5 seconds
47) Yoda calls the blade to his hand with the Force, great little detail
48) Padme in torn white clothing, yes please
49) Count Dooku rolls up on Coruscant like it's no big deal, hangs out with Palpy like half a mile from the Jedi Temple. No wonder the Sith won.
50) Great parallel of the ending of ESB with wedding. Music beautiful but dreading.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sounds like you like the whole movie, dude.
TCTTS
AG
Guys. I'm having a hard time buying that as a spoiler. The poster/trailers/marketing, by omission, have essentially provided us with that information. I'm sorry if the very first line of text of the movie you're all about to see was "spoiled". You'll just have settle for being surprised a nano-second later by the second line, before we've ever seen a single frame of footage. Relax.
Farmer1906
AG
DO NOT TYPE KYLO REN INTO GOOGLE

The google auto guess what you're searching just gave me what appears to be a huge freaking spoiler.

I'M ****ING PISSED.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Dude.... Spoilers began to flow yesterday. Surprise!
The Collective
AG
quote:
Sounds like you like the whole movie, dude.

Uh oh, Muck has been exposed.
The Collective
AG
quote:
DO NOT TYPE KYLO REN INTO GOOGLE

The google auto guess what you're searching just gave me what appears to be a huge freaking spoiler.

I'M ****ING PISSED.

Why are you running google searches for anything related to Star Wars, bro?
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Dude.... Spoilers began to flow yesterday. Surprise!
I wasn't searching for movie details. I didn't even finish my search. I just closed the window and stabbed myself in the eye. I was going to search Kylo Ren mask.
Legal Custodian
AG
quote:
46) Anakin uses 2 lightsabers ... for 5 seconds
I'm actually curious about this. We see in The Clone Wars tv series that trainees, AKA Younglings, go to a cave and discover their lightsaber crystal (or the crystal discovers them). But I've also seen other jedi use two lightsabers as their weapons of choice, like Ahsoka. So I have to guess that when they go to the caves when they're young, they find two? Or do you think they just find a lightsaber along the way and think, 'I'll just use two now.'

Malachi Constant
AG
This crap is radioactive now! I can't even read replies! No spoilers fellas! I still have 24 hours to go!
The Collective
AG
The goal is to keep this thread spoiler free through the end of the year... is it possible to get staff to edit the thread title to say *NO SPOILERS*? I feel like it is going to get out of control by this weekend as people confuse the two threads.
mazag08
AG
Spilner can edit the title himself.
TCTTS
AG
The problem with that is come January 1st, it'll be ok to post spoilers in here going forward. Discussing TFA will be no different than discussing, say, Revenge of the Sith, spoiler-wise. I think people will hone in on the spoiler thread pretty fast, once the movie actually hits. We just have to deal with an awkward next 10 hours or so.
wangus12
AG
Finished with Episode IV. I'm starting to get super ancy. So ready for 7 to get here
The Collective
AG
You are probably right. The thread title could be edited twice though, if it would clear up confusion.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Spilner can edit the title himself.

Can only edit the OP. Just edited.
First Page Last Page
Page 330 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.