Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,608 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
bangobango
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I find it hard to believe Harrison Ford's box office revenue is behind anybody's, even Samuel Jackson's.

EDIT: I guess it's all the Marvel movies for Jackson.
and jurassic park, and coming to america, and patriot games
Ford was also in Patriot Games.

Looking at it, Samuel Jackson has had roles in a lot of box offices hits. Put them up together in leading roles and it isn't close, though.
MSCAg
AG
1. Fisher - assuming by prime you mean always wear her gold bikini

2. lightsaber

3. Probably Obi in his heyday

4. Falcon

5. Bats

6. No opinion

7. None of those really didn't make sense. There may have been better ways to tell the story. The trade federation had multiple ships, but only one was in control of the droids. And my understanding (again, filming issue) was invading the planet was illegal and shortly afterwards the Senate intervened.

8. I say dead. Only thing dumber than him being alive was Darth Maul being alive.

9. Robotic hand on R2D2
jr15aggie
AG
1. Carrie - and it's not even a debate!

2. Lightsaber - I'd cut my hand off for sure

3. Anakin - Force powers, be a d-bag all day, Padme lovin to wrap up the day.

4. X-Wing - The boss for an entire month!

5. Batman - Waits for Predator to engage Jango and he hacks the self destruct on Predators arm.

6. Who? - I'm not nerdy enough

7. High Ground - Lucas wasn't even trying anymore.

8. Alive - R.I.P. Sarlacc Pit

9. Han and Leia's love theme playing while the Falcon evades tie fighters.

Seriously though... the ONLY answer to #1 is Carrie Fisher!!!!

Duncan Idaho
quote:
If anyone is wondering what the Acklay (mantis looking thing), Reek (rhino looking thing), and Nexu (cat looking thing) are, those are the creatures from the Geonosian area in AOTC.

Thanks I had no idea what this one was about....and I still dont.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Sam Jackson by gross

He's been in 21 movies that made at least $100 m
10 of those made at least $250 m
8 of those made at least $300 m
5 of those made at least $380 m
4 of those made at least $400 m
3 of those made at least $450 m
2 of those made at least $470 m
1 of those made $623 m
[url=http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=harrisonford.htm&sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm][/url]
Harrison Ford by gross
14 made at least $100 m
5 of those made at least $240 m
3 of those made at least $300 m
1 of those made $460 m
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
6. Who? - I'm not nerdy enough
Says the guy taking a Star Wars poll on page 296 of a Star Wars thread on the Internet.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
quote:
If anyone is wondering what the Acklay (mantis looking thing), Reek (rhino looking thing), and Nexu (cat looking thing) are, those are the creatures from the Geonosian area in AOTC.

In Attack of the Clones, its the three creatures in the gladiator style arena on Geonosis that are attacking Padme, Annakin, and Obi Wan on the pillars.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Mid-day poll update - Rey actually doing better against Luke than Kylo is against Han. Think we'll have both a consolation and a championship round tomorrow.

I can't believe none of the soundtrack has leaked/been released yet.
Donald Glover
AG
Ahh ok, thanks y'all, I always forget about the clone wars since I don't watch it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
We are fast approaching page 300 before launch
O/U on when we get to 300 - 10 AM tomorrow morning.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Star Wars will live stream the world premiere (at least the outside part) on Monday at 730 pm Texas time.

2 new pics of Billie Lourd (carrie fisher's real-life daughter) from the movie.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
6/10, wouldn't kick out of bed.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Is she the earmuff girl in scream queens?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah. Now you know why she wears them.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Still wood
-----------------------------------------------------------
512Ag
AG
https://instagr.am/p/_FN5GnQ_xI
InnerCityAg
quote:
So the halberd type thing the stormtrooper has that is going to take on Finn when he is wielding a lightsaber, is that sort of like the staff type weapons General Grevious's bodyguards had in ATOC?

The electrical field generated by the halberd thing obivsouly interferes with the lightsaber.

White baton of justice
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

In Attack of the Clones, its the three creatures in the gladiator style arena on Geonosis that are attacking Padme, Annakin, and Obi Wan on the pillars.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11200000/Episode-II-The-Arena-Battle-of-Geonosis-anakin-and-padme-11270152-750-423.jpg
I think the answer to that question is simple then... it's the praying mantis thing... he's the only one that didn't get completely punked until Obi-Wan got his lightsaber back! The other 2 went down like chumps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark is so awesome.
InnerCityAg
quote:
Pick 9 for the day (I was sort of thinking the voting was the Pick 3 but guess I was wrong)

1. In her prime, do you take Carrie Fisher or Natalie Portman?

2. You can either have a lightsaber or Boba Fett's suit of armor - and neither one ever wears out - which do you take?

3. You can be one character for 24 hours - with all of their powers / access to ships / etc. For instance, if you pick Yoda, you've got the full-on Force; if you pick Han, you get the Falcon and hanging out with Chewie; If you pick Anakin, you can act like a b* ll day but still go home to get some Nabooty. Who do you want to be?

4. Which of these modes of transportation would you choose? A) The Millenium Falcon for 1 week. B) An X-Wing for 1 month. C) Luke's landspeeder for 1 year. D) A tauntaun for 20 years.

5. Batman, Jango Fett, and the Predator are all dropped in the Central American jungle from Predator I (sans Arnold, Apollo Creed, and Painless). Which one of them is alive at the end of the day?

6. Reek, Acklay, or Nexu? Which is the coolest?

7. Which of these things made the least sense in the prequel plots? A) The Trade Federation blockades Naboo with its ships, but when Padme, et al, returns to liberate the planet, there's only one ship there. B) When Padme, Anakin, and Obi-Wan get free in the Geonosis arena, two other Jedi throw Ani and Obi spare lightsabers. Padme meanwhile finds a spare gun laying in the arena untouched. Who put it there? C) The high ground is the way to defeat the Chosen One.

8. Boba Fett, alive or dead?

9. Best moment of the TFA trailers so far for you.

8. Why the F does Boba Fett go out like a b*tch in ROTJ?
dfphotos
Since there are 296 pages, I didnt skim through..... has it been discussed how ****ty it is Lucas replaced the ghost of Darth Vadar with Hayden Christensen in the bluray release?
Fenrir
quote:
Since there are 296 pages, I didnt skim through..... has it been discussed how ****ty it is Lucas replaced the ghost of Darth Vadar with Hayden Christensen in the bluray release?
Yes, the consensus was that it was a prudent and wise decision. Very appreciated by the fans of Texags.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

8. Why the F does Boba Fett go out like a b*tch in ROTJ?

Because he is a *****. Maybe it's because when I first watched them, I watched the first 3 in a row (like 1996) but I think that because of that, he doesn't seem as cool as he would have if I had been waiting for years in between the movies.

Plus I hated him in the Clone Wars. He was so whiny. And in the Clone Wars, we find out that he isn't even that special, there are tons of other people just like him, the Mandelorians. So the fact that he has a badass jet pack and ship isn't that original anymore either. Finally, thanks to the prequels, he is literally nothing more than an advanced storm trooper.

Moral of the story, give me Han or Luke any day of the week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Darth Vadar
InnerCityAg
quote:
Star Wars actors' career box office revenue.

Am I missing something on Warwick Davis? There's no way in hell he's worth $10 billion, right?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess they're counting all the Harry Potters.

So, I guess Jar Jar Binks is more valuable to the Star Wars franchise than Darth Vader.
512Ag
AG
quote:

Because he is a *****. Maybe it's because when I first watched them, I watched the first 3 in a row (like 1996) but I think that because of that, he doesn't seem as cool as he would have if I had been waiting for years in between the movies.

Plus I hated him in the Clone Wars. He was so whiny. And in the Clone Wars, we find out that he isn't even that special, there are tons of other people just like him, the Mandelorians. So the fact that he has a badass jet pack and ship isn't that original anymore either. Finally, thanks to the prequels, he is literally nothing more than an advanced storm trooper.

Moral of the story, give me Han or Luke any day of the week.
Boom. Nailed it.

TCTTS
AG
Some fairly interesting info about where Lucasfilm is in the development process, re: Rogue One and Episode VIII & IX...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lucasfilms-kathleen-kennedy-what-george-846858
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
quote:
We are fast approaching page 300 before launch
O/U on when we get to 300 - 10 AM tomorrow morning.
I could get it there real quick with a bunch of thumbs up posts.
Bruce Almighty
dfphotos
i hate typing. i really do.
TCTTS
AG
Sunset Blvd., on my way in to work this morning...

TCTTS
AG
Sounds like Kathleen Kennedy & co still want to further develop Lucas' original SW TV series idea...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-tv-show/
Engine10
AG
quote:
quote:
Star Wars actors' career box office revenue.

Am I missing something on Warwick Davis? There's no way in hell he's worth $10 billion, right?

Edit: Nevermind, I guess they're counting all the Harry Potters.

So, I guess Jar Jar Binks is more valuable to the Star Wars franchise than Darth Vader.

According to reddit he is.
TCTTS
AG
Pretty interesting...

http://io9.com/j-j-abrams-told-us-the-origin-story-of-star-wars-the-1747119292
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/inside-star-wars-writers-room-846856
quote:
It was around Christmastime 2012 when Michael Arndt, Lawrence Kasdan, Simon Kinberg, Pablo Hidalgo and Kiri Hart converged for the first time in an office at Big Rock Ranch in Marin the 1,000-acre spread George Lucas built next to his beloved Skywalker Ranch to carry out an initial brainstorming session. Over the next month, they began creating the framework forEpisodes VII, VIII and IX as well as such spinoffs as Rogue One.

How cool would it have been to be part of these meetings?
First Page Last Page
Page 296 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.