Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,913 Views | 43822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Porkchop Express
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/new-star-wars-the-force-awakens-characters-revealed-through-action-figures/
AggieSouth06
quote:

They're f***ing for sure.
double aught
AG
He's my hero if they are. 36 and 23.
jr15aggie
AG
What's funny is the "normal" people are probably all jazzed up when they see a new commercial... Ah cool the Falcon, aw sweet storm troopers... Oh look, that guy looks like Darth Vader...

We do the same thing.... For like 2 minutes... Then we are all "but how does Rey fly it... Hey, how does he even know how to turn on a lightsaber... Luke better not be evil!"

twilly
AG
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The first two minutes of THE FORCE AWAKENS has been leaked to YouTube. Do not click if you want to be surprised.

Bruce Almighty
AG
Is this like a Rick Roll thing?
An Ag in CO
AG
Nice to see womp rats making an appearance.
RebAg13
AG
Jar jar roll
birdman
It doesn't have to be that complicated.

Everybody assumes that Rey is Han Solo's daughter. I don't think that's the case, but it makes my hypothetical scenario work. She flies the Falcon all the time as a kid. She's a good pilot, like her father. And she has Force, like her mother.

Rey goes to Jakku to find herself. Or she has a falling out with her parents and runs away.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
If that is the crawl, we will walk.
TCTTS
AG

quote:
It doesn't have to be that complicated.

Everybody assumes that Rey is Han Solo's daughter. I don't think that's the case, but it makes my hypothetical scenario work. She flies the Falcon all the time as a kid. She's a good pilot, like her father. And she has Force, like her mother.

Rey goes to Jakku to find herself. Or she has a falling out with her parents and runs away.

Then why would she say to Han, "There were stories about what happened..." etc. She wouldn't only be asking her dad that stuff now. Besides, Abrams has pitched this movie over and over again as being about younger characters who live in that universe, but only know the OT as a distant myth, if at all. That's kind of the whole hook. And again, it's been established that Rey didn't run away from her family. They left her there on Jakku for some unknown reason. She was abandoned, but told they would return one day.
Bruce Almighty
AG
My 19 month old just said Star Wars though it sounded more like "Stah Wahs"
birdman
Maybe her parents didn't discuss the past. They might be living a quiet life. She only knows Han Solo as a pilot who hauls goods for a living. Or maybe at age of 10, she started showing signs of Force. So they hid her away to keep her safe.

And the bad guys start hunting people like her down. This is what I think happens, similar to Egyptians killing the first born sons. Despite their intentions, that life is thrust upon her.

She gets kidnapped. Boom, we're getting the band back together. Yep, everybody - Han, Chewie, and even Luke. Hijinks ensue.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think she's there because Lando's her real dad, and Leia's the mom. Cut to the highly anticipated flashback which turns out to be Lando getting Leia blitzed on Tatooine Sunrises and Muon Gold and telling her, "Nah baby, it was Lobot who turned you over to Darth Vader; I straight up saved yo fine ass!"
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Maybe the Falcon has been soaked with the Force because of all the Skywalkers it's been lugging around over the years and now it practically flies itself?

A+
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lucas liked the movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-lucas-attend-star-wars-845948
Mr. White
Lucas: "(Star Wars) is about family problems...not spaceships."

Sweet Holy Santa, STFU!
jr15aggie
AG
Lucas: people don't actually realize....

Me: what people actually DO realize is we are so thankful you had nothing to do with this movie!
matches08
So I'm watching star wars IV, why does luke purchase R2D2? Isn't it used to repair space craft and such. It's an asteroid droid. Not farm equipment.
birdman
I always figured they were going to reprogram them to help with farm equipment and vehicles.
Texaggie7nine
If R2 can somehow wheel his way through sand, mountainous terrain, forests, up and down stairs through swamps.... Then he surely can do farming stuff.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the 11th day till Sithmas, my true love sent to me
Two Rancor-dragons
and a Poe Dameron in a Force tree.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
Maybe the Falcon has been soaked with the Force because of all the Skywalkers it's been lugging around over the years and now it practically flies itself?

A+

Hanging this on the refrigerator for sure.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
So I'm watching star wars IV, why does luke purchase R2D2? Isn't it used to repair space craft and such. It's an asteroid droid. Not farm equipment.

Pretty much all of their droids were repurposed in one way or another. I mean, 3P0 was just brought in to program their equipment and he's a protocol droid. R2 was handy at fixing all sorts of things.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Lucas liked the movie.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/george-lucas-attend-star-wars-845948

Yeah but he probably liked the prequel trilogy too, so....
birdman
I announced at dinner table that Force Awakens was twelve days away. That prompted my children to start singing "12 days of Star Wars". Over and over again. And over again.

It wasn't as clever as the Sithmas, but I'll throw a few out there.

On the first day of Star Wars, JJ Abrams gave to me
The Falcon and a Wookie.

Five golden droids. (this is where they show drawing of C3PO)
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Lucas: "(Star Wars) is about family problems...not spaceships."

Sweet Holy Santa, STFU!

Does this mean we are getting a star wars movie on lifetime?

Not without my wookie!
jr15aggie
AG
ROFL!!!!!!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn it, now I gotta think of another one for five.
AgMarauder04
AG
http://epicstream.com/news/Carrie-Fishers-Response-To-Slave-Leia-Merchandise-Controversy-is-Fantastic

Carrie Fisher replies to the ban on her wearing the gold bikini. It's fantastic.

quote:
There's been some debate recently about whether there should be no more merchandise with you in the "Return of the Jedi" bikini.

I think that's stupid.

To stop making the merchandise?

The father who flipped out about it, "What am I going to tell my kid about why she's in that outfit?" Tell them that a giant slug captured me and forced me to wear that stupid outfit, and then I killed him because I didn't like it. And then I took it off. Backstage.
The Shank Ag
I know this is probably off topic from TFA and this thread but as the diehards are on here, I've got a question I've been wondering about

Are claims that Star Wars parallels the bible blasphemous? Especially the comparison of Anakin and Jesus
The Collective
AG
What is the parallel between Jesus and Anakin? I'm not seeing it.

Edit: Other than virgin birth, but I think many think evil may have been the father in that whole deal.
The Shank Ag
Virgin birth, highest midichlorian/force perception (Holy Spirit), death to save. Just one I've heard
First Page Last Page
Page 288 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.