Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,583 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What was an impressive for Lucas was that he was able to pull such a wooden performance out of portman. It was really an impressive feat when you think about it
The Collective
AG
quote:
Unless this is as good as episodes IV or V, there will be people that will complain about it. The movie is going to be dissected and all its faults will be overblown. It doesn't have to be great for me to be happy.

There is no way it will be better than those movies, because I saw them as a kid. I feel like most in my age range will feel similarly. If you are expecting it to exceed your perception of those movies and are in your 30s to lower 40s - you are going to be disappointed, I think.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
This movie has been hyped and scrutinized to so many levels that of course it won't meet expectations. I don't understand why people haven't figured this out and end up hurting themselves in the long run
Very true, and blue star for you. The thing that will hurt this film the most is the franchise's own fans. Well it's either going to be that or JJ copies/reorganizes some of the story copying some story from the OT which peeves some people.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
This movie has been hyped and scrutinized to so many levels that of course it won't meet expectations. I don't understand why people haven't figured this out and end up hurting themselves in the long run

I disagree... at least for me personally. It just has to be a good movie and I will be extremely happy. It doesn't have to be great, it doesn't have to move me... just be a competent movie with good acting and the Star Wars label will do the rest.

If the acting is off, the dialogue is awkward, & the story is a mess... then yeah, there will be a lot of people disappointed. I just don't see it though. I think those of us that are normal fans are going to have a really good time watching this.
birdman
Too much talent making this movie for it to be a dud. With the returning characters and some exciting new characters, I think they hit it out of the park.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I disagree... at least for me personally.
While I don't disagree with that you said, I think there are some fans that have some unrealistic expectations or are holding on to the EU becoming canon in a post ROTJ story for the ST. I think those people are the ones that will be most disappointed.

But then again, how personal expectations vary from person to person is the issue here. Frankly, I think that the movie could actually be really good and fans would still ***** and moan about how it wasn't what they were expecting because of ________.
Jason Ag
AG
quote:
Too much talent making this movie for it to be a dud. With the returning characters and some exciting new characters, I think they hit it out of the park.

I agree, the overall philosophy of the film makers seems to be dead on.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Some of you are saying your love of the OT will make it impossible to measure up. I say that it will make you enjoy this movie all the more. The dogfights, the lightsabers, the sounds, the music. You will feel like a kid again.

Call me crazy, but I think the nostalgia factor will far outweigh the possibility of feeling like it doesn't measure up.
An Ag in CO
AG
The spot the cameo game should be pretty fun in this one. I've heard the number of actors who made the set during filming is pretty high. Hoping the rumor that the Star Trek reboot crew can be spotted in one scene is true.
HeadGames
AG
I hope Tom Cruise is an X-wing pilot.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I hope Tom Cruise is an X-wing pilot.
I want Han to run from a massive boulder.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Hoping the rumor that the Star Trek reboot crew can be spotted in one scene is true.
This is the first I've heard of this. Now I'll definitely be looking out for this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Look for this guy.

Mr. White
What are the cameo rumors?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Wasn't sure which alien Pegg was playing so thanks for that. Same question as Mr. White, any other actors rumored to have cameos?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
You got them mixed up. Cameo did Word Up. Social Timex Club did Rumors.

Mr. White
quote:
quote:
You got them mixed up. Cameo did Word Up. Social Timex Club did Rumors.

I roller skated to both on Friday nights.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Wasn't sure which alien Pegg was playing so thanks for that. Same question as Mr. White, any other actors rumored to have cameos?
I hope no one.

Many did visit the sets though. Daniel Craig as a Stormtrooper or Kevin Smith as lightsaber kid all grown up.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
George Lucas addresses AOTC cameo rumors.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/hbo-star-wars/2860789

Not sure which is better, young Fallon impersonating young Timberlake, or Tracy Morgan as Mace Windu.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Star Wars Rebels has gotten a third season.

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-fight-against-the-empire-will-continue-in-star-wars-rebels-season-three
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Couple of clips from Stern.

https://www.howardstern.com/show-guests/24779-jj-abrams-reveals-why-luke-isnt-force-awakens-trailer-and-more/
Simplebay
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

is it just me, or does it look lke that TIE gets shot from behind?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Always wondered why they looked sitting up but the turrets were on top and bottom. Based on this, he is facing straight down?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
the turret itslf faces downward, but moves around and swivels (see ANH for good references).
HeadGames
AG
The laser fire look like its coming from the side of the falcon.
TCTTS
AG
Steven Spielberg Thinks 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' "Could Be The Biggest Movie Ever"
JuliusCaesarAggie
quote:
Steven Spielberg Thinks 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' "Could Be The Biggest Movie Ever"
Isn't this pretty obvious at this point?
-----------------------------------------------------------
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Well, I remember Steven talking up every prequel movie as well! Specifically the Phantom Menace... he was all over Lucas's nuts and was part of my hype going into the movie. This must be EPIC I thought.

Fool me once Spielberg!
Fenrir
quote:
quote:

Well, I remember Steven talking up every prequel movie as well! Specifically the Phantom Menace... he was all over Lucas's nuts and was part of my hype going into the movie. This must be EPIC I thought.

Fool me once Spielberg!
Spielberg has always been super close to Lucas so him hyping a Lucas movie should not be surprising. I don't know if he has any direct ties like that to this one, does he?
The Collective
AG
quote:
Spielberg has always been super close to Lucas so him hyping a Lucas movie should not be surprising. I don't know if he has any direct ties like that to this one, does he?

quote:
Spielberg is a mentor of Episode VII filmmaker J.J. Abrams and a longtime partner of Lucasfilm head Kathleen Kennedy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/george-lucas-to-feel-the-true-force-of-star-wars-he-had-to-learn-to-let-it-go/2015/11/27/d752067a-8b1f-11e5-be8b-1ae2e4f50f76_story.html
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Look who wanders by at 50:38.
dave94
AG
quote:

Look who wanders by at 50:38.
TCTTS
AG
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/11/star-wars-the-force-awakens-has-a-plot-description-via-disney-infinity-3-0/
First Page Last Page
Page 278 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.