Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,960 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been a little partial to the WESTAR-35 personally.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
First teaser dropped one year ago today.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Honestly they should install metal detectors at movie theaters. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than not allowing masks and lightsabers.
Won't happen any time soon, and for various reasons. The biggest being cost. I think theaters would probably be more likely to have plain clothes officers in the theaters on big premier nights.
TCTTS
AG
Opening night tickets were so hard to obtain that I don't think terrorists could even get in certain theaters. I'm a ticket-buying "expert" in LA, and it took me nearly three hours of constantly refreshing online just to secure four crappy seats. Granted, terrorists could obviously buy tickets to another movie, or just shoot/fight their way past an usher or two, but if they want to actually be IN the theater before unloading, it's going to be pretty hard to get into a lot of the big-city theaters opening night without a ticket. And I seriously doubt they were online contending with all the nerds and fanboys trying to get seats last month. That said, I'm definitely going to be on high alert, especially given that I'll be at the most popular theater opening night in the movie capitol of the world.
Mr. White
quote:
First teaser dropped one year ago today.

And it was one of the most memorable of my life because I actually did feel like a kid again.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So it appears as though one of the droids from TCW is rumored to show up in TFA. That droid is R2-KT. Here's io9's article on how R2-KT came to be.

http://io9.com/the-heartwarming-story-behind-r2-kt-and-how-she-joined-1744986951
Duncan Idaho
quote:
So it appears as though one of the droids from TCW is rumored to show up in TFA. That droid is R2-KT. Here's io9's article on how R2-KT came to be.

http://io9.com/the-heartwarming-story-behind-r2-kt-and-how-she-joined-1744986951

That is pretty cool.
The Collective
AG
Another CFB game spent looking at TFA **** again.
Mr. White
quote:
Another CFB game spent looking at TFA **** again.

POTD
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Stories like this are why fandom is so awesome. It really only takes a tiny bit of common ground to bring people together.
jeffk
AG
That story.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The madness is now invading our house despite the wife's protests. My twins enjoyed their Force Awakens squeeze yogurts today. My Star Wars fan had the Rey one, the half-fan enjoyed the R2/3PO one.

We also had this conversation.

Twin A picks out Rey yogurt.

Twin B: "Princess Leia!"
Twin A: "That's not Princess Leia."
Dad: "That's her daughter, probably."
Twin B: "Princess Leia's her mommy?"
Dad: "Probably, it's still just a rumor right now, but that's what most people think."
Twin A: "What's a rumor?"
Dad: "It's when people think something is true, but they're not sure."
Twin A: "Like when Darth Vader said Luke was his son."
Dad: "I am buying you a car."
wangus12
AG
How the OT lightsaber fights should have been.

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Dad: "I am buying you a car."
Well by that time, we might be running around in Landspeeders.
Simplebay
AG
Battle of Tankodana

Malachi Constant
AG
Daisey Ridley's stunt double

http://i.imgur.com/XX1vYjZ.gifv
mazag08
AG
Wood
wangus12
AG
Some many great dreams to be had tonight
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Wood

No way dude... never with a chick that can kick you ass... because she will!!!!!

But still, Rey is gonna be an awesome warrior in these flicks. Congrats you femnazis, you got a white conservative male from Texas rooting for a female protagonist. See, we can be reasonable after all............... just don't make her one of the gays!
Malachi Constant
AG
I have a feeling that Luke has gone into recluse mode for a bunch of years in search of Jedi artifacts. Of course, he discovered Bastila Shan's double-bladed yellow light saber and he will give it to his daughter, Rey.

Completely unsubstantiated, but it would be cool...
wangus12
AG
I've been saying it. We need a double-bladed badass Jedi.
Thunder18
AG
quote:
Daisey Ridley's stunt double

http://i.imgur.com/XX1vYjZ.gifv

Should've hired her as one of the Sand Snakes in Game of Thrones
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Took my wife to see Phantom of the Opera last night at the Hobby Center in Houston. Before the show I was standing up and looking around and she said, "It's really amazing, right?" and I replied "Actually, I was thinking about how awesome the crowd is going to be at Star Wars in a few weeks."

Promotion is on hardcore level now - this is a list of who's on what talk show the next couple of weeks. I think they spelled Michael Strahan's name wrong but I don't care enough to correct it.

Daisy Ridley:
GMA: Wednesday 12/2
Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon: Thur. 12/3
Live With Kelly and Micheal: Tue. 12/8

John Boyega:
GMA: Wendsday 12/2
Live With Kelly and Micheal: Wednesday 12/9

Adam Driver:
Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon Wednesday 12/2

JJ Abrams:
GMA 11/30
Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon 11/30

Harrison Ford:
GMA: Tuesday 12/1
Live With Kelly and Micheal: Tuesday 12/1
Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon: Tuesday 12/1
The Ellen Degeneres Show: Monday 12/7

Carrie Fisher:
Live With Kelly and Micheal: Thursday 12/3

Lupita Nyongo'o:
Daily Show with Trevor Noah: Wednesday 12/2
Live With Kelly and Micheal: Friday 12/11

Billy Lourd:
Live With Kelly and Micheal: Monday 12/7

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/new-star-wars-actor-daisy-ridley-reveals-director-/394043

quote:
Daisy Ridley, star of the new Star Wars film, has revealed JJ Abrams criticised her acting as 'wooden' on her first day of filming.

In an interview to be published in the January issue of Glamour, the actor said, "JJ probably doesn't remember telling me that my performance was wooden. This was the first day! And I honestly wanted to die.

"I thought I was gonna cry," she continues. "I couldn't breathe. And there was so many crew there, because obviously all the creatures [had stand-ins], and there were loads of extra crew making sure everyone was safe because it was so hot. It was awful."
Damn, JJ. Ruthless. Guess he was really trying to avoid Lucas' mistakes.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks for this. Was gonna post something like this later today. Hopefully they announce some Colbert and Conan appearances for next week.

Also, JJ is on Stern right now. Damn, the one day I'm not driving to work.
jr15aggie
AG
That article also mentions Boyega saying he's not sure if the film will meet expectations. Dang... that and the Ridley "wooden" comments................................. *prepares for Phantom Menace part deux*
Saxsoon
AG
This movie has been hyped and scrutinized to so many levels that of course it won't meet expectations. I don't understand why people haven't figured this out and end up hurting themselves in the long run
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Damn, JJ. Ruthless. Guess he was really trying to avoid Lucas' mistakes.

The biggest mistake he's avoided so far that George Lucas never could was letting George Lucas be involved.
Duncan Idaho
Good for him
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
That article also mentions Boyega saying he's not sure if the film will meet expectations. Dang... that and the Ridley "wooden" comments................................. *prepares for Phantom Menace part deux*
TBH, there's almost no way it would meet the hype and expectations unless it is the greatest film in all of cinema history.
HeadGames
AG
It is a possibility, we all thought PM looked so cool in the previews. BB-8 could be the new jarjar binks. Let's just hope it's not.
The Collective
AG
quote:
*prepares for Phantom Menace part deux*

I think you are still reeling from Saturday night.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:

so JJ address the issue on the first day as opposed to George who didn't address Natalie Portman's wooden acting for 3 films.

it's in the right hands.

relax
jr15aggie
AG
FYI... the Jedi Council guys from Collider (last weeks episode) said they had talked with a couple people that had seen the film. No spoilers even hinted at, they just said the response was VERY positive from these individuals. One said he wasn't sure if it was better than Empire, but the fact that it was even in the same ballpark seems very encouraging.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Unless this is as good as episodes IV or V, there will be people that will complain about it. The movie is going to be dissected and all its faults will be overblown. It doesn't have to be great for me to be happy.
First Page Last Page
Page 277 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.