Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,903 Views | 43822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Porkchop Express
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe something along the lines of Starkiller's repulse power from TFU?

AliasMan02
AG
quote:
If Luke's wife dies, maybe he is so overcome by his grief that he draws on the dark side to do something destructive. Or, perhaps he is just worried by how much grief he has that he fears he may turn to the dark side unless he secludes himself away from all of his attachments, daughter included.

I don't know that we see a married Luke, but I do think we see one who has spent some time walking the edge between dark and light.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2189673

Seems so long ago now, doesn't it? More innocent times.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS, from that thread:

quote:
This. I really don't want to see any of the original cast - from any of the previous six movies - in the next trilogy. If they want to make reference to the Skywalkers or Vadar, etc., that's fine, but we need to see completely new characters and completely new story.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Made a bit of an index in the OP for all the major stuff that's happened surrounding Force Awakens. I'll continue to update it going forward.
AliasMan02
AG
This popped up on my G+ feed today as a shining example for why everyone hates fanboys. I think he hits all of the important notes, except I don't think he claims to be a lawyer.

quote:
(A little rant but with logic and solution.) To be completely honest a large portion of me wants 90% of new Star Wars to be a fail, horribly, I just want Disney and EA out of it, both companies are, at least currently, money grubbing little *******s that screw with things and do shameless cash-ins like Sabine "being a Mandalorian" for example when she has absolutely no traits of the Mando'ade and the entire reason for her being a Mandalorian is the popularity of the Mando'ade, or the new Battlefront which is absolutely nothing like Battlefront and has less than half the content of Battlefront II which was released only a year after BF1 so no freaking excuses. The best choice to hand Star Wars off to would have been Universal, they have the size to handle it, they don't quite have that attitude and they don't have a freaking monopoly, and just maybe we'd have a chance at them reviving things like rebuilding LucasArts or continued supporting the EU, the return of 1313, and not be giving full video game rights to freaking EA OF ALL COMPANIES. Disney wasgood at one point, it was a good company at some point, I know because I've done research on the subject of Walt Disney and things were actually damn good when he was in charge. Disney comes in and the first thing they do is cancel a highly anticipated nearly complete game, disband LucasArts, and just says **** you to all of the EU. 40 years, over 800 novelizations, more than 80 games, and a huge collection of at least 1300 graphic novels, all just completely off, the Mandalorians aren't even Mandalorians anymore, all that they share is the name. It ****s over everything.
HeadGames
AG
Wow, that fanboy is ****ing ******ed.
The Collective
AG
That guy should consider a hunger strike.
AgMarauder04
AG
That guy has a serious hard on for Mandalorians.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yep, the fans are the franchise's own worst enemy.
Bruce Almighty
AG
sounds like something ryamkajr would write.
The Collective
AG
I don't even pretend to be an expert in all of this extra content ****, but can't pretty much anybody be a Mandalorian? Sure as hell seems that way from what I've seen.

Also, I support Disney for trying to bring some level of continuity to the universe. It has been a jumbled mess of b.s. if you ask me.
AliasMan02
AG
If you ask anyone. An undeniable mess, which, btw, was never all canon to begin with.
jr15aggie
AG
You know your obsession with something is unhealthy when you no longer enjoy or appreciate anything about that which you obsess over.
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
she has absolutely no traits of the Mando'ade
She needs to check her Mandalorian privilege.
hurleyag
AG
We might know the same person. One of my friends is talking about skipping the movie completely because they dropped the EU.

Of course I'm sure he'll get over it by the 17th and see it multiple times opening weekend.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
You know your obsession with something is unhealthy when you no longer enjoy or appreciate anything about that which you obsess over.
Sounds like all the prequel haters.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If you ask anyone. An undeniable mess, which, btw, was never all canon to begin with.
True. One of the things that I usually mention when there are people that say that the EU should be made canon again is that the theft of the Death Star plans in the EU was specifically a problem. There were what like three or four stories, then they some how retconned all those into that the different stories only stole a portion of the plans IIRC? I'm a little bit fuzzy on the EU as a whole, but I believe there are other issues within it as well. Ironically, I think some of those issues pertained to Boba Fett's background which were obliterated once AOTC and TCW were done and included Boba.

The thing you have to remember about the EU is that I think pretty much everything in it was created under license with little, or very little Lucasfilm involvement. In the case of the Clone Wars micro series that Tarkedy (Samurai Jack) did, I think Lucas gave him an outline of events that occurred during the war.

BTW, I'm personally wondering if they are drawing on the story for Rogue One from the story to steal the plans involving Red Hand Squadron and the Battle of Toprawa.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, I don't know why the board didn't post my previous comment until now...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was confused why two posts were almost identical.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Boba Fett? I think you mean Jaster Mereel.

Up until today, I thought Mando'ade was something Mandalorians drank after an intense workout to restore their bodily fluids.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I clicked post and it didn't appear that it had posted.... fail.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
it's not you, Jabber, texags is acting weird; it's done the same to me on multiple threads.
Duncan Idaho
I will say that I don't like the way they made the mandolarians a bunch of pacifist *****s in the clone wars series

That just didn't make no sense.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, that period of Mandalorian history did end rather..... Explosively.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Here's the definitive history of the Mandos if you're interested.

The Collective
AG
Is the time for ABC's exclusive look at TFA known tonight or is it going to be hidden within their normal programming in an attempt to force me to watch that crap?
TCTTS
AG
This is all we know as of now...

TCTTS
AG
And then there's this on Friday...

TCTTS
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

Really disappointed Chewie didn't tear that guy's arms out of his sockets.
TCTTS
AG
Nice little EW article on Maz Kanata. They have another one coming about Snoke later today...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/star-wars-force-awakens-lupita-nyongo-maz-kanata
jabberwalkie09
AG
True, and Chewie was the best part of that bit.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Hey, I also saw the Matthews female daughter and her BFF are going to have their first big falling out.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Isn't that the running gag in that show? I barely remember the first season, but didn't that happen once before?
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.