Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,463 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by TCTTS
YellowPot_97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Serkis is playing a Bothan. which one is playing Thrawn?

[This message has been edited by YellowPot_97 (edited 4/29/2014 2:16p).]
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I know the books are not cannon anymore, but I'm pretty sure Han and Leia had twins... wouldn't it make sense for Isaac's character to also be a Solo along with Ridley's?

Isaac's older than you think. Can't really see him as a brother to Ridley.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/29/2014 2:18p).]
ChipFTAC01
AG
Many Bothans died to bring us this information
Rudyjax
AG
So. I think that now that **** is real, I will stop reading. I want to go into the new movie with no information and preconceived notions.
TCTTS
AG
Really great breakdown from Slashfilm on the entire cast...

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-episode-7-cast/

They seem to think Isaac could be "a leader of the Rebellion. A man of importance, but maybe not a man of the Force. I’m thinking kind of a Admiral Ackbar or Lando Calrissian type. Maybe even a scoundrel in the mold of Han Solo." If so, I love that direction too.

They're also speculating that Gleeson could be another lead. Rumor has always been three main cast members - just like Luke, Leia, and Han in the OT - but it feels like Isaac may fill that role instead. I also read speculation that Gleeson could be Luke's son, just not the focal point of these movies. Could be kind of cool too, I guess.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/29/2014 2:29p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That image is great for the Star Wars subreddit. Posting it, with your permission.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Isaac's older than you think. Can't really see him as a brother to Ridley.

Right... I don't assume they are twins, but I do assume there are 2 of them. Again, just assumptions. I didn't read any of the books other than the Thrawn trilogy that followed the events of the movie... but 2 Solo kids still feels right. I'm wondering if, with the script, they felt the need to make their own new story and start from scratch, or if they felt the need to very loosely reference some of the characters from the books.

Who knows... we also can't assume those two males are even playing Jedi's, but it's probably a good bet because Luke obviously won't be the only one with a Lightsaber. Also safe to assume Serkis will also be a non-human Jedi?

All reasonable and fun guesses at this point.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Im hoping if it's a Sith, then Driver plays a Jedi who goes bad, letting Luke feel the same type failure that Obi-Wan did with Anakin/Vader.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
That image is great for the Star Wars subreddit. Posting it, with your permission.

No problem.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/24avz5/a_more_indepth_look_at_the_star_wars_vii_cast/

Threw in a little pub for your future site.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For whatever reason, I'm thinking Serkis is playing a villain.
Ulrich
Serkis looks a little Sith lord-y around the eyes. Could also end up in extensive prosthetics. I don't care what he plays, I'm a huge fan... but I, too, will probably not follow very closely so that I can be surprised.
InnerCityAg
I hope they make a swamp/water world this time with frog/fish aliens. That would be awesome. Something for the kids.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I hope they make a swamp/water world this time with frog/fish aliens. That would be awesome. Something for the kids.

I don't think it really matters what type of aliens are in the movie... just as long as they racially profile certain ethnic groups with their speech! And if we are really lucky, one of these aliens will be present in the first 10 seconds of the movie speaking Engrish!
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
And just FYI, no "the" in the URL. Just projectionlist.com. Was never able to secure the "the."

TCTTS
TCTTS
boogieman
AG
Damnit sex panther. I was gonna make that joke.
LeonardSkinner
Just a hunch, but I think von Sydow will play a senior member of the Empire, who understands the Alliance as an adversary but doesn't demonize them. He then suggests and organizes an athletic competition between stormtroopers and Rebel prisoners, ultimately coming to admire their spirit and effort.

And is then sent to the Sarlacc pit for embarrassing the Empire.
YellowPot_97
AG
if we're going to read as far into the sitting arrangement, then I see room on the empty couch for the Force Ghost of Obiwan, Anakin, and Yoda.
Cyprian
AG
Picture gave me a Force Ghost in my pants.
Ulrich
Based on his armpit sweat, Harrison Ford must have a lot of fight scenes. We can probably assume, on the other hand, that Carrie Fisher will not have any fight scenes due to her back sweat.
InnerCityAg
quote:
Picture gave me a Force Ghost in my pants.

It doesn't matter which one of the three you were thinking of... this is just nasty.
FTACO97
AG
quote:
Just a hunch, but I think von Sydow will play a senior member of the Empire, who understands the Alliance as an adversary but doesn't demonize them. He then suggests and organizes an athletic competition between stormtroopers and Rebel prisoners, ultimately coming to admire their spirit and effort.

And is then sent to the Sarlacc pit for embarrassing the Empire.

I "think" you're making a Strange Brew reference here...been a while since I saw the movie

I know Max was in there...and all the guys from the mental hospital played hockey against each other and made multiple Star Wars references :-)
Cyprian
AG
quote:

It doesn't matter which one of the three you were thinking of... this is just nasty.

Force Ghosters will one day be treated as equals.
Silvertaps
AG
Who here knew 30 years after playing the princess that Carrie fisher would play Jabba?!
TCTTS
AG
Badass Digest has a couple of good breakdowns on Max von Sydow and Oscar Isaac...

Meet Your Star Warriors: Max von Sydow

Meet Your Star Warriors: Oscar Isaac

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/29/2014 5:20p).]
TCTTS
AG
Also, from Mashable...

Who Is Daisy Ridley? Everything We Could Find on the 'Star Wars' Mystery Woman
TCTTS
AG
Interesting...

Daisy Ridley likely will be joined by another actress in a major role, according to sources
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Loving the Carrie Fisher weight comments. Please let us know how much weight your wife loses between age 27 and age 58 so we can all compare apples to apples.
TCTTS
AG
‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ Director J.J. Abrams Still Has Casting Tricks Up His Sleeve

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/29/2014 8:00p).]
jeffk
AG
quote:
Many Bothans died to bring us this information

Here.
YouBet
AG
So, Adam Driver is playing Nien Nunb?
LeonardSkinner
quote:
I "think" you're making a Strange Brew reference here...been a while since I saw the movie

Not quite. The John Huston masterpiece starring Michael Caine, Max von Sydow, and Sylvester Stallone, with special guest star Edson Arantes do Nascimento...

First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.