Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,666 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody know specific theaters in Austin that does the reserved seating??? I'd love to do this so I don't have to wait in a 3+ hour line opening night.

EDIT: Nevermind, found some. I'll see if I can get on these quickly enough to get a reservation at one of these nicer theaters. I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be trying!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
I know this has been discussed, but can't find it. Will somebody provide the list showing the true IMAX screens in Texas (not sure if TRUE is the right word, but hopefully y'all know what I mean)?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zLxBmgs3Es0I.kOIvw74Mhrcc&hl=en_US
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I usually try to get dead center or a few rows back of center. Depends on the size of the theater itself. The Chinese theater is massive, has two levels/tiers, and the front row of the second their is prime real estate. That's what I'm aiming for. But with the old Howard Hughes IMAX off the 405 - my favorite single theater in LA which is now a sh*tty Cinemark - the back two rows were perfect because it was a much steeper incline with the seats closer to the screen.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
I know this has been discussed, but can't find it. Will somebody provide the list showing the true IMAX screens in Texas (not sure if TRUE is the right word, but hopefully y'all know what I mean)?
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?mid=zLxBmgs3Es0I.kOIvw74Mhrcc&hl=en_US

That list is no good. Go to LFExaminer.com for the details you need to decide where to watch.
Aggie_3
ill be doing reserved seating at the Santikos Palladium in San Antonio Imax and Dbox seating for this one
Farmer1906
AG
SO what is better. Digital or 1570? I would assume Digital Laser is the best?
The Collective
AG
quote:
That list is no good. Go to LFExaminer.com for the details you need to decide where to watch.

So, I want to look for 70mm? I notice the Omni screen in Fort Worth is listed with that spec. I wonder if they would have this movie. It is a dome, so not sure if that would be badass or distracting.
TCTTS
AG
The Chinese has digital/laser IMAX and it's stunning. Definitely brighter than 70mm, but still not quite as crisp, unfortunately.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TFA wasn't filmed in IMAX as far as I know, so a 1570 theater wouldn't be any advantage. The top and bottom of the screen wouldn't be used. Though the screen/theater may be a bit bigger.

Edit: Actually, it seems one of the Jakku action scenes was filmed in 70mm, so disregard.
Flashdiaz
AG
Latest rumor is that the trailer will air monday night during monday night football... probably halftime.
TCTTS
AG
BOOM:

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-and-logo-coming-this-monday/

I'd say it's all but set in stone now. And ESPN definitely makes sense, seeing as they're owned by Disney.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

So, I want to look for 70mm? I notice the Omni screen in Fort Worth is listed with that spec. I wonder if they would have this movie. It is a dome, so not sure if that would be badass or distracting.

Of LFE's list, you want 1570 as your first option, followed by the ones marked "DIG." In Houston that means going to Tomball, Dallas going to the Cinematic 17 on Forrest, and in SA doing either Rivercenter (the only 2D on the list) or Santikos.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Latest rumor is that the trailer will air monday night during monday night football... probably halftime.
This seems bigger than a MNF game to be honest. It probably goes live on youtube before they play it on tv.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
This seems bigger than a MNF game to be honest. It probably goes live on youtube before they play it on tv.
Not to the MNF audience.
TCTTS
AG
Looks like tickets will potentially be going on sale this FRIDAY, followed by the trailer on Monday...

http://io9.com/you-could-soon-buy-tickets-for-star-wars-the-force-awa-1736560695

Though, it makes way more sense to me to do it the other way around. Trailer Friday and in theaters this weekend, with a "Tickets On Sale Monday" tag at the end, would be way more effective, I think. But whatever.
The Collective
AG
Makes sense. I'm not savvy in this area and don't want to **** this one up.
jr15aggie
AG
I just want to be fast enough to get reserved seating. I want to go opening night with my wife and watch all the lightsaber waiving nerds. Will be a good time. Will be more awesome seeing her get embarrassed when I start screaming with all the dressed up guys when the opening crawl hits! I'll inform her after that it still counted as a date night so she has to give it up regardless of how ashamed of me she is!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If this is what the theater was like on a RE-RELEASE of Phantom Menace, I can imagine how crazy it'll get for this. (And yeah I know I've posted this before.)

SeattleAgJr
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
If this is what the theater was like on a RE-RELEASE of Phantom Menace, I can imagine how crazy it'll get for this. (And yeah I know I've posted this before.)
And that was before video devices fit inside your pocket... somebody was carrying around a brick sized camcorder to take that video... and then they probably used a "firewire" cable to transfer the data to the computer... waited like 10 years... and then posted to this crazy new website called youtube.

Well done!

EDIT: Just now read this was for the re-release. I'm no longer impressed!!! :-(
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
63 days; 4 days till trailer drops.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 moved up their release date to December 18th

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
63 days; 4 days till trailer drops.

I think Ewan McGregor at this point is thinking, "Just do what he says ... it's almost over ... sure George, there's an 8 foot tall robot with four lightsabers, you bet."
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Technically, it's #4... even my kids who loved the 1st one saw the crap that was every sequel since then.

I honestly think their strategy here is when parents show up with kids to see Star Wars and it's all sold out, they will settle for the Chipmunks... because, hey, you do NOT want to shove those kids back in the car after you promised them a movie!

EDIT: Read the article and it called it a Star Wars reboot (REALLY......really!?)
TCTTS
AG
http://io9.com/heres-over-50-official-star-wars-force-awakens-images-1736551096
TCTTS
AG
Alright, here's the tentative/rumored schedule...

10/18 - SUNDAY
- Final theatrical poster will release in the A.M.

10/19 - MONDAY
- Roughly 8:00 PM Eastern - Final theatrical trailer will apparently debut just before kick-off, during the ESPN Monday Night Football pregame broadcast, with a simultaneous online release
- Roughly 8:30 PM Eastern - Tickets will go on sale

Hopefully we get confirmation / exact times on Sunday with the release of the poster, if not in the next day or so.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We have to wait until 8 PM? ******* it.
TCTTS
AG

I know that was pointed out on here a few days ago, but I'm really starting to buy into it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did y'all know Benicio del Toro was originally cast as Darth Maul? Apparently he left the film after Lucas made it a mostly silent role.

Not saying there's a connection there, but it is interesting.
SeattleAgJr
The Collective
AG
quote:

Is Cameron Richardson in this one? I might have to skip out on SW.
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Those are great pictures because they don't tell me **** a out the story
twilly
AG

Uh, this was pointed out a few months back
512Ag
AG
edited because possible spoiler accidentally included. Sorry guys.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Chewbacca is in there, but not Han Solo.
Sure to be wrong prediction: Solo is killed by his son, Kylo.
Is this how people feel on the Game of Thrones non-readers thread when book readers go over there and pretend to make predictions like they don't already know what's going to happen?
First Page Last Page
Page 199 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.